Bald, Fat, Sweaty, Hairy, Old, and Boring

9 hours ago, Alpha84 said:

Let's say that you fit in with some of the physical stereotypes about the types of unappealing looking foreigners that come to Thailand. 

Then let's say you want to come to Thailand on your own to have a nice holiday and just relax in hotels, travel around, have some good meals, etc. 

How will you be treated by the locals? Will they treat you nicely, even if you look far from being Tom Cruise?

A bold brave Tom Cruise younger version? 

I always been treated well in Thailand. It helps if you try to be your best version of your self. 

Old smelly flip flops, and a hairy fat body in Chang tank top with died cargo shorts, a phone clip holder on your waist,  doesnt make you the best version of yourself, just saying

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Service staff are paid to serve all paying customers. If they don't, I would expect them to lose their jobs.

If I'm selling something my only concern is if the potential buyer has the money to pay for it.

WOW! You are taking the Bald, Fat, Sweaty, Hairy, Old, and Boring (may I add arrogant) to the next level!

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Sorry, don't understand your point.

When I purchase something respect/disrespect is not a part of the buying process.

"Hi, how much is that, I'll take two, thanks"

See what I mean?

Yep! Transactions are so simple and direct.

12 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Don't wear a wife-beater, especially a beer branded one. Don't grow your thinning hair unfashionably long, and dye it jet black.  Don't wear socks, especially black socks and sandals.

Instant promotion to hansum man.:coffee1:

My pet peeve is older guys with those sad wispy pony tails. Or even worse: when they have a man bun. Yuck!

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:

My pet peeve is older guys with those sad wispy pony tails. Or even worse: when they have a man bun. Yuck!

What's known as the "top knot" has a long ancient Asian history in Thai, Burmese, Indian, Korean, Japanese and Chinese cultures and each of these countries has its own word for it. 

In China it is called a Ji or a Queue, in Japan it is known as a Chonmage, in Korea it is a Sangtu, in India the Joora, and in Thailand it it's called a Juke. 

Of course, many foreigners do more of a hippy or feminine looking version of a pony tail with their hair long all over their head. But I assure you, if you shave the sides and back of your head down to around a half a centimeter, leave the rest of the hair straight and long just on the top, and then pull it back into a knot that extends about 2-3 inches just above the center of the scalp, then this appearance will help to gain you cultural acceptance in many Asian countries. 

You may also find Thai men complimenting you on it in Thailand and many Thai women find it attractive in a masculine way if it is done in a neat and clean looking fashion. 

Thus, regardless of age of the male bearer, the top knot hair style is timeless and admired by locals alike in many different Asian countries and cultures. 

Thais are incredibly shallow, but they aren't really shallow in a nasty way.  While you might experience a Western person treating someone badly because of their appearance, Thais are more likely to comment but not really care.

I'm sure you will be fine.

9 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

You will be treated according to the way you act and respect others.

You will be treated according to the way you look, smell, dress, act and respect others

Edited by Hummin
  • Agree 1

Im not bald, otherwise with a few extra adjectives (loathsome, repulsive, odiferous, drooling, hideous, moronic and sh8t encrusted) the description fits me and I do fine.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

Well not to my Thai family

Would you really like to put that to the test?       Just imagine your bank accounts / pension pot  got cleaned out due to some sort of internet hacking scam and you were left penniless.   You might find their loyalty and support diminishes rather rapidly over time once they realised you were totally broke

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Would you really like to put that to the test?       Just imagine your bank accounts / pension pot  got cleaned out due to some sort of internet hacking scam and you were left penniless.   You might find their loyalty and support diminishes rather rapidly over time once they realised you were totally broke

Having a bad time in Thailand? I have never paid 1 single Baht to my Thai family. And they have supported me till now

Living in the West now for a few years my wife supports me now she makes up to 65.000 dollars per fortnight. Yes I collect a pension for a tax reason you know nothing about Thais 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Having a bad time in Thailand? I have never paid 1 single Baht to my Thai family. And they have supported me till now

Living in the West now for a few years my wife supports me now she makes up to 65.000 dollars per fortnight. Yes I collect a pension for a tax reason you know nothing about Thais 

What work does your Wife do ?

• Haha 2

Occasionally I will get patted on the gut by a cutie and asked, "where is bay-bee"?

I pretend I don't understand and ask back, "you want to make a baby with me? Let's do it right now".

Always gets a playful little punch in the arm.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Yeah, I tend to agree. Although I make an exception for a few Scandies who are buff enough to pass the "bad grandad" test and are honouring their Viking heritage. 

The aging Californian ex-surfer dude - not so much. :coffee1:

1 hour ago, Prubangboy said:

Occasionally I will get patted on the gut by a cutie and asked, "where is bay-bee"?

I pretend I don't understand and ask back, "you want to make a baby with me? Let's do it right now".

Always gets a playful little punch in the arm.

I told them I had twins. That always got a laugh.

4 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

If that happened to me the only thing that would have happened is that they would have transported me to the amphur to get divorced, along with all my worldly goods that they didn't want for themselves.

14 hours ago, Hummin said:

A bold brave Tom Cruise younger version? 

I always been treated well in Thailand. It helps if you try to be your best version of your self. 

Old smelly flip flops, and a hairy fat body in Chang tank top with died cargo shorts, a phone clip holder on your waist,  doesnt make you the best version of yourself, just saying

In your opinion.

15 hours ago, Hummin said:

How odd, flip flops are probably the least smelly out of all the footwear.

Solid plastic, non absorbent.

On 8/22/2024 at 7:26 AM, maesariang said:

You look like Tom Cruise?

Who is Tom Cruise??? Does he do anything useful??? Does he get fairly paid for what he does???

• Sad 1

On 8/22/2024 at 6:09 AM, Alpha84 said:

How will you be treated by the locals? Will they treat you nicely, even if you look far from being Tom Cruise?

Just shower and deodorant regularly. 

Thai's (and me) don't like smelly foreigners. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Just shower and deodorant regularly. 

Thai's (and me) don't like smelly foreigners. 

Please let us know your favored deodorant then we can all smell like YOU! 🙄

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Please let us know your favored deodorant then we can all smell like YOU! 🙄

It's an expensive one, the Mrs buys it. 

Send me an inbox message, I'll get the exact details and let you know. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

On 8/22/2024 at 6:09 AM, Alpha84 said:

Let's say that you fit in with some of the physical stereotypes about the types of unappealing looking foreigners that come to Thailand. 

Then let's say you want to come to Thailand on your own to have a nice holiday and just relax in hotels, travel around, have some good meals, etc. 

You should ask Bob directly about this question.