French Man Robbed by Transgender Thief in Pattaya

webfact

image.jpeg

A French man in Pattaya was robbed by a transgender individual who slashed his bag and stole his mobile phone before fleeing the scene.

At 2:00 AM on August 23rd, 2024, Mr. Pascat Gaston Pair Francais, a 71-year-old French national, filed a complaint with Pattaya police.

He reported that while he was riding a songthaew from Soi Buakhao to Soi 6, somebody secretly slashed his bag and stole his belongings.

Mr. Francais said while he was on a songthaew, a transgender individual was also a passenger.

Upon arriving at Soi 6, Mr. Francais disembarked and discovered that his black bag had been slashed with a knife, and his Samsung Galaxy A34 mobile phone was missing. He immediately reported the incident to the police.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-08-24

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I may be wrong but I'd say the photo shows a slashed bag. You think he did it himself?

I think the only questionable part is if one can get a shared songtaew from Buakhao to soi 6. Getting your pocket picked, or bag slashed is readily possible. Doesn't only happen in Manila..... 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I think the only questionable part is if one can get a shared songtaew from Buakhao to soi 6. Getting your pocket picked, or bag slashed is readily possible. Doesn't only happen in Manila..... 

The article says they changed at Tops. Pretty cheap Charlie, I'd say.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I seriously don't think someone could slash your bag, take out a phone while you're in a sitting position in a Songthaew without you noticing something... just saying.

A tad suspicious.

It happens all the time just

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, bradiston said:

A Bolt cab would probably have only cost 80 THB door to door. Home and dry, phone and bag intact. Still, no prizes for wise after...

Destination Soi 6... would have lost his shirt as-well.

• Haha 2

Sad that there are so many reports in Pattaya about knife and gun wielding Thais. This man should consider himself lucky he only got his bag slashed to get his phone. It could have been a lot worse if encountering this person on the street. If it was a ladyboy then it would have had a lot more with it helping to rob and hurt the man. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

So, I guess ladyboys are now referred to as trans on this forum? A bit of the PC sneaking it's way in? Why is it that there seems to be so much trouble with ladyboys in Pattaya? 

Here is the medical/PC definition:

Transgender or trans

Both an umbrella term including many gender identities and a specific gender identity that describes those with a gender identity that’s different from the gender or sex assigned at birth.

Transitioning 

The act of making physical, social, medical, surgical, interpersonal, or personal changes that help to affirm gender or address gender dysphoria. 

Transsexual 

Falling under the transgender umbrella, transsexual is a word that was medically and historically used to indicate a difference between one’s gender identity (i.e., the internal experience of gender) and sex assigned at birth (as male, female, or intersex). 

Transsexual is often (though not always) used to communicate that one’s experience of gender involves a medical diagnosis or medical changes — such as hormones or surgery — that help alter anatomy and appearance to feel more congruent with gender identity. Due to a fraught history, the word transsexual can be contentious and shouldn’t be used unless someone specifically asks to be referred to this way.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Nothing really novel about Katoeys robbing guys in Pattaya, and I recall previous stories about people slashing bags to get at valuables on the Bangkok metro/ skytrain. I suppose putting the two trends together generates interest.

Frenchman robbed by transgender individual on Pattaya songthaew
by Puntid Tantivangphaisal 

image.jpeg
Photo courtesy of Pattaya News

A Frenchman in Pattaya reported being robbed by a transgender individual who slashed his bag and stole his mobile phone before fleeing.

Pascat Gaston Pair Francais, a 71 year old French national, filed a complaint with Pattaya police yesterday at 2am. He recounted that while riding a songthaew from Soi Buakhao to Soi 6, someone had secretly slashed his bag and stolen his belongings.

Francais detailed that during the ride on the songthaew, a transgender individual was also a passenger. Upon arriving at Soi 6 and disembarking, he discovered his black bag had been slashed with a knife, and his Samsung Galaxy A34 mobile phone was missing. He immediately reported the incident to the police.

According to the victim’s girlfriend, who requested to remain anonymous, she and Francais had been playing pool at a bar in Soi Buakhao before heading back to their accommodation. They took a songthaew from Soi Buakhao to the Tops intersection and then boarded another songthaew to Soi 6.

Upon reaching Soi 6, the couple got off the vehicle, only to find that Francais’s phone was missing and the bag had been cut. The girlfriend mentioned that the only other passenger on the songthaew was a transgender individual, leading them to believe that this person was responsible for the theft.

Pattaya police have launched an investigation into the incident and are reviewing CCTV footage from the area to identify the suspect, reported Pattaya News.

In related news, a businessman was robbed by a transgender woman he met at a hotel, who then attempted to sell his stolen vehicle on social media. The police set up a sting operation but the suspect managed to flee.

In other news, two teenagers wearing helmets brandished a gun to rob a high school student on the roadside near Kam Pu Market, Soi Pattanakarn 20 in Bangkok, in full view of passersby.

Source: The Thaiger 2024-08-24

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I seriously don't think someone could slash your bag, take out a phone while you're in a sitting position in a Songthaew without you noticing something... just saying.

A tad suspicious.

Hmmh, maybe during some intimate actions? 😳

5 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Cant we just take the article at face value?

Why all the speculation and blaming the victim: he is too old, shouldn't be out at 2 am, should have used a safer type of transport, probably faked the theft anyway.

None of us knows the details of the incident and almost certainly we won't hear another thing about it!

Everybody is entitled to go about their activities without fear of being mugged at any moment, On this particular occasion maybe he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In my long life I have never been accosted or assaulted in any of the 35 countries I have visited, including Thailand.

Come on folks, give him the benefit of the doubt and the reporting of the incident!

Face value: Sitting on a songthaew engaging with a female companion he met on Soi Buakhao, Katoey takes advantage whilst 'Pascat' is attending to his female companion.

• Like 1