Thai Prime Minister Says She'll Choose Cabinet without Father’s Influence

Why so much whinging  against the poor girl ? She will surely be more open and apt to make life more simple for foreigners and hopefully abolish much of the absurd visa related red tape.  and thus boost the thai economy obviously. Let's wait and see before placing any bets.

Edited by Sigmund

Well, of course Dr T will advise his daughter - there is not a single parent who would not lend a helping hand to its children under normal circumstances. 

On top of this it might be noteworthy, that of all those 30+ prime ministers I personally believe, that Dr T was the one-eyed among the blind. The country worked, the economy worked and the corruption was well under control. Each and every PM had corrupt underlings in his cabinet; no wonder if you look at the possibilities to choose 44 ministers to form a cabinet. 

So Thailand might be well advised to pick the most capable and professional candidate and might be served much much better than having the Anutins, Prawits, Prayuths or flour-to-heroin-wizard Thammanat getting close to the government house. 

But, as the saying goes, every country has the government it deserves and if the Thai people are OK in getting more than 14 million votes for a party thrown out and said party disbanded after having an initial 6+ million votes thrown out in 2019 and that party was banned too ........... For me, it's the Thai understanding of democracy and if they are happy then so be it! 

13 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, of course Dr T will advise his daughter - there is not a single parent who would not lend a helping hand to its children under normal circumstances. 

On top of this it might be noteworthy, that of all those 30+ prime ministers I personally believe, that Dr T was the one-eyed among the blind. The country worked, the economy worked and the corruption was well under control. Each and every PM had corrupt underlings in his cabinet; no wonder if you look at the possibilities to choose 44 ministers to form a cabinet

So Thailand might be well advised to pick the most capable and professional candidate and might be served much much better than having the Anutins, Prawits, Prayuths or flour-to-heroin-wizard Thammanat getting close to the government house. 

But, as the saying goes, every country has the government it deserves and if the Thai people are OK in getting more than 14 million votes for a party thrown out and said party disbanded after having an initial 6+ million votes thrown out in 2019 and that party was banned too ........... For me, it's the Thai understanding of democracy and if they are happy then so be it! 

So you condone A Corrupt killer gangster Thaskin running the country via his daughter !!! 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MikeandDow said:

So you condone A Corrupt killer gangster Thaskin running the country via his daughter !!! 

I condone nothing as I am not in a position to verify any corruption nor killing by Dr T - directly or indirectly.

That is left to the competent authorities of this country - me thinks! 

24 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

I condone nothing as I am not in a position to verify any corruption nor killing by Dr T - directly or indirectly.

That is left to the competent authorities of this country - me thinks! 

so you do not read the news (oh don't believe news story's ) pathetic 

if you do not condone anything why post go live in your cave

Edited by MikeandDow

3 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

so you do not read the news (oh don't believe news story's ) pathetic 

if you do not condone anything why post go live in your cave

Thank you for your unsolicited advice; rest assured that I will consider if I take it or not. Next please ........ 

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand's Prime Minister, Paetongtarn Shinawatra, has firmly stated that she will solely decide the make-up of her cabinet.

To be honest, I presume that her father has already told her what she solely will decide – but that is of course purely my own speculation...:whistling:

On 8/27/2024 at 5:59 PM, snoop1130 said:

Paetongtarn-Shinawatra-august-18-2024-reuters.jpg

Thailand's Prime Minister, Paetongtarn Shinawatra, has firmly stated that she will solely decide the make-up of her cabinet. This comes amid worries that her father, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, might interfere in her choices.

On August 18, Paetongtarn was formally chosen as Thailand's 31st Prime Minister after winning the majority vote in Parliament. Her coalition partners have since been quickly proposing their nominees for key cabinet positions.

The vetting process for candidates is predicted to be thorough, given the recent controversy linked to former Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin’s appointment of Phichit Chuenban, who was later removed by the Constitutional Court due to his criminal history.

Paetongtarn, the 38-year-old Prime Minister of Thailand, pointed out the internal disagreement within the Palang Pracharath Party led by General Prawit Wongsuwan. She noted that the party is divided into factions, each proposing its own nominees. She stated, “Palang Pracharath will need to settle its internal disputes. We'll have to hold on and see how this develops.”

Prime Minister Paetongtarn is looking to quickly finalize her cabinet, due to pressing national issues that need swift action. The current schedule indicates that Paetongtarn will introduce her cabinet to His Majesty the King early next month, followed by an oath-taking ceremony.

She is expected to present a policy statement to Parliament on September 11, as per the constitution, which demands that a Prime Minister must present their policy plans within 15 days of their inauguration.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-27

news-footer-2.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

Unless you'll gag him and lock him up in a cupboard I don't believe you hardly any word. 

Btw, is lying to the public as a govt official a crime??? Or just common? ????😳