1 year non o me Marriage

Hi guys, I am wondering if i can get a Non O ME based on Marriage at Vientiane or do i need to go to Savannakhet?

Savannakhet would not be a convenient option for me. Got all paperwork prepared and 400k thb in the bank ( money not been there for 2 months ) 

Plan to go there next week anyone with recent experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

Niels

thanks jack, ive noticed about the appointment and seems not easy. I just want a confirmation that they provide the 1 year Non O ME as on their websites both for Savannakhet and Vientiane only says 90days. Also id like to know if the 400k in Thai bank for 2 weeks is enough so not 2 months cheers

2 hours ago, Mr BBS said:

thanks jack, ive noticed about the appointment and seems not easy. I just want a confirmation that they provide the 1 year Non O ME as on their websites both for Savannakhet and Vientiane only says 90days. Also id like to know if the 400k in Thai bank for 2 weeks is enough so not 2 months cheers

I've never seen a report of the Non-O-ME from Vientiane. 

Funds not in the bank for 2 months could be a problem.  You might want to do a single at Vientiane, if easier to visit there - then, return for the ME at Savannakhet, after the funds are seasoned 2 months.

Per 4 weeks ago from Facebook, the group that Tod is an Admin of.  There are 3 embassies that still offer ME Non-O for marriage.  Savannakhet, HCMC, and Yangon. ALL require financial proof for multiple entries. Check detailed requirements with them.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Mr BBS said:

Savannakhet would not be a convenient option for me.

( money not been there for 2 months)

Sadly, for you, convenience doesn't really factor into it. You want a year-multi Non-O you gotta meet the requirements and go where it's sold

With that being said, you won't get a year long multi entry Non-O visa at Savannakhet without the funds banked for 2 months before you apply.

If you haven't taken the one 60 day visit thai family extension yet do that to buy you time to season the funds.

If you have already taken that, then bounce out&back to get a new free 60 day entry stamp.

You need the funds seasoned 2 months or they'll just give you single entry Non-O

I wouldn't even waste the time going to Vientiane reports of success there, even with 2 months seasoning are hard to find.

My advice, if you want a year-multi Non-O, get your funds seasoned, make an appt, slog on over to Savannakhet and get one.

Edited by Tod Daniels
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr BBS said:

Got all paperwork prepared and 400k thb in the bank ( money not been there for 2 months ) 

Just a suggestion:...

You could do a border bounce and reenter visa exempt.

You mention that you have 400k in bank.

You could obtain non O marriage and that 90 day stamp would provide the required time to season funds for subsequent 12 month extension.

Purchase a multi reentry permit and do annual extensions ongoing.

After extension granted you can use the funds. 

No need to maintain in bank.

Attached thread outlines process.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1315828-visa-exempt-to-90-day-non-o-spouse-visa-conversion-in-thailand/