DTV approved from London

3 hours ago, Chalky0w said:

Know there are other threads but just sharing my experience.

Background:

- I’ve had a couple of METV over the last few years

- Own a business in the U.K. and generally work in U.K. when I’m here

- Probably won’t work in Thailand but applied for a DTV for flexibility

- Rent a house in Thailand

- First visit only about 40 days before I go to a different country (this is asked in application)

Process:

- Applied via Evisa site

- Completed application

- Submitted recent photo

- Submitted scan of passport

- Submitted scan of bank account showing more than £11k for more than 6 months

- Submitted scan of recent utility bill as evidence of current location

- Submitted letter confirming I was director / owner of my company and that could work remotely. This included appendices:

> Screenshot of companies house record showing I’m the sole director

> List of clients (US, UK, Canada, France… but none in Thailand)

Follow-up:

I had self assessment tax return, company profit / expense summary, etc. as extras if needed but nothing requested.

Timeline:

Applied on Sunday, approved today. Plan to travel in October

Hope this is helpful!

This is a very useful clear & concise report.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
slight rewording
  • Agree 2

19 hours ago, Chalky0w said:

First visit only about 40 days before I go to a different country (this is asked in application)

Congratulations, could you be a bit more specific about the above question, what does this refer to?

They are asking for 6 months bank statements or you just provided that?

2 hours ago, Cameroni said:

Congratulations, could you be a bit more specific about the above question, what does this refer to?

They are asking for 6 months bank statements or you just provided that?

The application asks for date of flight in and date of flight out. Doesn’t ask for evidence of either and you might even be able to leave the flight out question blank but I’d got a trip booked so just completed it.

I can’t remember the specific wording of the bank statement question. I provided a statement from a savings account so it was a single page that covered more than six months as default.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AreYouGerman said:

Hopefully people will stop giving more as the immigration is asking for otherwise it will lead to the IOs establishing that as rule.

The application fee is non-refundable and still a new type of visa so if I over-supplied, I did it to be safe.

Congratulations on obtaining your DTV,

Hope it works well for you.

I was toying with the idea, but with the way Thailand constantly changes its mind on visas etc, I thought I would just stick with the 800K method for now.

20 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Congratulations on obtaining your DTV,

Hope it works well for you.

I was toying with the idea, but with the way Thailand constantly changes its mind on visas etc, I thought I would just stick with the 800K method for now.

I was only planning to stay 2 months, leaving for awhile, then coming back, which I could do without any visa. I am getting the DTV anyways because it removes all the worry about travel dates and not having to go to Jomtien immigration to extend if it came to that.  Also, no worries (in theory) about them questioning me about re-entering too much on a visa waiver, which they seem to be doing more often now.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

...I was toying with the idea, but with the way Thailand constantly changes its mind on visas etc, I thought I would just stick with the 800K method for now.

A wise decision, IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

I was only planning to stay 2 months, leaving for awhile, then coming back, which I could do without any visa. I am getting the DTV anyways because it removes all the worry about travel dates and not having to go to Jomtien immigration to extend if it came to that.  Also, no worries (in theory) about them questioning me about re-entering too much on a visa waiver, which they seem to be doing more often now.

In your situation, go for it, the DTV, if you meet the criteria for it.