Pattaya City Planning to Make Improvements to Iconic Pattaya Sign

webfact

sg.jpg

Pattaya-During a recent Pattaya City Council meeting, Mr. Banlue Kulawanit, President of the Pattaya City Council, raised a question about using accumulated funds to improve the efficiency of the Pattaya sign lighting that overlooks Pattaya Bay and is seen as an icon and landmark of the city.

The purpose of this project is to enhance and maintain the iconic sign, which has been in use for a long time and has various damaged lighting devices, which has even led to complaints by readers of The Pattaya News due to limited functionality compared to the past.

By using modern technology and equipment, the goal is to increase interest, highlight Pattaya City’s landmark, and promote tourism.

By Adam Judd

Source: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-08-30

news-footer-2.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

So there re surplus funds sitting around and this is the superfluous use they come up with for them? All due to a lack of maintenance.....

Renewing the broken unmaintained CCTV cameras will be next!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

removing litter

Get out there and start picking it up.

Everyone complains, but very few actually do anything about it. 
You don’t pay any council rates in Pattaya correct? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Fixing the Pattaya sign.

Lets see how the negative Nellies will spin this into something negative.

We have two so far. 

Yep, our old buzzards have quickly swooped in as usual to enjoy a latest poop party on the Pattaya sign improvement. It's important: self-validation, forum cred, and just having a bash.

image.png.43a751a6e1e2dad0e432ad950dcbbbe3.png

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Fixing the Pattaya sign.

We have two so far. 

The only people who would complain about not fixing the CCTV on the beach are those who dont want to be spotted up to their vices, looks like we got at least 2 tranny hunters so far.

Edited by sungod
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So there re surplus funds sitting around and this is the superfluous use they come up with for them? All due to a lack of maintenance.....

It's the revenue cycle... buy, scrap, replace

8 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Fixing the Pattaya sign.

We have two so far. 

Pattaya - THE WORLDS BIGGEST BROTHEL?

Edited by proton
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

During Covid the City Council spent a small fortune laying very fancy decorative paving in front of City Hall at a time when folk were queueing all over the city for free food handouts. They do seem impervious to the wider issues that could be prioritised; or maybe it is just how the budget is allocated.

• Agree 1

Is that about 3 MILLION per letter?

It's a bit of plastic in front of some tubelights!!!!

I'd do the whole job for 300,000 not 22 Million, and still have money to spend a few weeks partying!!!!

19 hours ago, sungod said:

Renewing the broken unmaintained CCTV cameras will be next!

Brother let me tell you those CCTV cameras are better than a gold mine.....Those suckers have been replaced many times...Over and Over.....And at a very hefty markup indeed...lol...........Let the new camera rot for a few years then is pay day time..

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Get out there and start picking it up.

Everyone complains, but very few actually do anything about it. 
You don’t pay any council rates in Pattaya correct? 

Waste of time, plus I didn't put it there. I don't see the point when the local people don't give a damn! You have no idea what I pay for... taxes I believe starting next year. 

Edited by jacko45k

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Waste of time, plus I didn't put it there. I don't see the point when the local people don't give a damn! You have no idea what I pay for... taxes I believe starting next year. 

The local people don’t give a damn.

But you do. 
So you will have to do it if you want your problem solved. 

I was talking about council taxes.

Go on, get out there. It is going to take you a while.

Do your bit 

18 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

The local people don’t give a damn.

But you do. 
So you will have to do it if you want your problem solved. 

I was talking about council taxes.

Go on, get out there. It is going to take you a while.

Do your bit 

AS I said, it would be a waste of time, litter would be replaced in under 24 hours. No problem would be solved. I do pick up Infront of my home often. I pay property tax too.... 'council tax' is not a Thai thing that I know of.

Despite the fact the locals often blame the tourists, yes they all arrive with a suitcase full of empty beer containers, locals are more responsible. Tourists do not dump piles of cement and old spirit houses in the cassava fields. 

I choose not to be a servant to their bad habits.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

AS I said, it would be a waste of time, litter would be replaced in under 24 hours. No problem would be solved. I do pick up Infront of my home often. I pay property tax too.... 'council tax' is not a Thai thing that I know of.

Despite the fact the locals often blame the tourists, yes they all arrive with a suitcase full of empty beer containers, locals are more responsible. Tourists do not dump piles of cement and old spirit houses in the cassava fields. 

I choose not to be a servant to their bad habits.

No, the litter you pick up today will be removed forever. 
Tomorrow you can pick up tomorrow’s litter. 

or you can live in a dump. 

Pattaya is one of the dirtiest residential areas in Thailand. It has more farang per sqm than anywhere else in Thailand.

You should be doing better. 

23 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

or you can live in a dump. 

Pattaya is one of the dirtiest residential areas in Thailand. It has more farang per sqm than anywhere else in Thailand.

You should be doing better. 

I do, it's called Pattaya..... the locals can't keep it clean. Where I actually live out of town.. well I thought to say it is better but not really. Trash cans get overturned by dogs, locals use it as a tipping ground, you often see trash coming out of a moving vehicles window.  Most of the City trash comes from visiting Thais at weekend leaving the beach strewn,

It's a tourist town, those that make money out of it should keep it attractive.....nonsense to suggest farangs should be cleaning the place up. Why focus on them, majority of Thai tourists are Thai, Chinese, Malaysian, Indian. Ever been to India?

Edited by jacko45k

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I do, it's called Pattaya..... the locals can't keep it clean. Where I actually live out of town.. well I thought to say it is better but not really. Trash cans get overturned by dogs, locals use it as a tipping ground, you often see trash coming out of a moving vehicles window.  Most of the City trash comes from visiting Thais at weekend leaving the beach strewn,

It's a tourist town, those that make money out of it should keep it attractive.....nonsense to suggest farangs should be cleaning the place up. Why focus on them, majority of Thai tourists are Thai, Chinese, Malaysian, Indian. Ever been to India?

You live there so you are a local. 
You should be ashamed of yourself. 
That is the problem with the locals there, none of them want to actually pick up the rubbish. Everyone expects somebody else to do it.

The result is a filthy mess that has an effect on property prices. 

it ain’t going to pick itself up.