Kamala Harris Outlines Vision for Presidency in Exclusive CNN Interview

Social Media

1 hour ago, Cameroni said:

It would be amiss not to admit there was hint of the same fragrance in the air here.

I think the argument is a bit more nuanced though. A lot of states and pro life people felt aggrieved by Roe  vs Wade and wanted it gone.  Since a lot of them were from the religious right Trump was sympathetic, even though he himself never had strong feelings about abortion.

His current solution that each state can decide it by themselves seems an appropriate and sensible compromise.

But yes, the explicit refusal now to ban abortion smacks of electioneering too, even if the words were put into Vance's mouth.

The only strong feelings Trump had over abortions is the amount of money he had to shell out to fund them. 

58 minutes ago, theblether said:

Record GDP growth after the Covid shutdown? 

Give it a rest. 

Record GDP growth compared to pre-Covid level (2019) and to comparable countries. 😞

31c432ec-931b-4ce7-91d3-8b7a7c955bae.png

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AlexRich said:

The only strong feelings Trump had over abortions is the amount of money he had to shell out to fund them. 

It's never been an issue for him, he supports the right to choose. In fact Michelle Obama's claim at the DNC that Trump opposed IVF was also pure lies, as it turned out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

It's never been an issue for him, he supports the right to choose. In fact Michelle Obama's claim at the DNC that Trump opposed IVF was also pure lies, as it turned out.

1. **Credit for Appointing Justices**: Trump has frequently taken credit for the Supreme Court's decision to overturn *Roe v. Wade*, emphasizing that it was largely due to the three justices he appointed during his presidency—Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and Amy Coney Barrett. He has said that these appointments were crucial in creating the conservative majority that ultimately led to the decision in *Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization* in 2022, which overturned *Roe*.

2. **Pro-Life Agenda**: Trump has claimed that his administration was the most "pro-life" in history. He has used this narrative to highlight his commitment to appointing judges who would be likely to challenge *Roe v. Wade*.

3. **Fulfillment of Campaign Promise**: Trump has also claimed that overturning *Roe v. Wade* was a fulfillment of a campaign promise. During his 2016 campaign, he promised to appoint justices who would overturn the decision, and he has pointed to the *Dobbs* ruling as evidence that he delivered on that promise.

Which bits are pro-choice?

• Like 1

Just now, Will B Good said:

1. **Credit for Appointing Justices**: Trump has frequently taken credit for the Supreme Court's decision to overturn *Roe v. Wade*, emphasizing that it was largely due to the three justices he appointed during his presidency—Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and Amy Coney Barrett. He has said that these appointments were crucial in creating the conservative majority that ultimately led to the decision in *Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization* in 2022, which overturned *Roe*.

2. **Pro-Life Agenda**: Trump has claimed that his administration was the most "pro-life" in history. He has used this narrative to highlight his commitment to appointing judges who would be likely to challenge *Roe v. Wade*.

3. **Fulfillment of Campaign Promise**: Trump has also claimed that overturning *Roe v. Wade* was a fulfillment of a campaign promise. During his 2016 campaign, he promised to appoint justices who would overturn the decision, and he has pointed to the *Dobbs* ruling as evidence that he delivered on that promise.

Which bits are pro-choice?

He leaves it to the states to decide on abortion. Trump is a complicated man, he did take credit for overturning Roe vs Wade, true, but he also wants to allow abortions. Some may say he is a sage and wise man, like Moses.

He also btw, recently made clear he supports IVF. Which I really don't.

Just now, Cameroni said:

Great Job, Joe and Kamala. You did it. Russia outperforms the USA economically.

GDPjpg.jpg.494c02b7a93b2d9c0d06ca2923b6dbbe.jpg

You know perfectly well that the Russian data is a reflection of panic buying as people lose faith in cash and the economy and buy assets thus artificially inflating GDP on a temporary basis.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

Really? He put in place 3 Supreme Court justices specifically to overturn Roe vs Wade. You’re right, he couldn’t care less about abortion … he did it to get the support of the Christian fundamentalists. And that’s why he supports Project 2025. 

Trump believes in nothing other than himself and cares only for what is in his interests. He will sell out his country if he can get something out of it. And that’s why he is not fit to be President. 

Yes, Trump did take credit for overturning Roe vs Wade. In as much as it was an obstacle to let states decide. Now, those that don't want abortion can stop it, and those that do can be pro choice. Isn't he a sage and wise man?

But yes, he did support abortion for the Christian Right, I think that much is clear. But personally I belive he is pro choice.

6 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Great Job, Joe and Kamala. You did it. Russia outperforms the USA economically.

GDPjpg.jpg.494c02b7a93b2d9c0d06ca2923b6dbbe.jpg

This is down to massive military spending, Russia is effectively a war economy. The problem is that there is no investment in the future development of the economy outside of military … and that will have negative impacts in the future and is unsustainable. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, illisdean said:

Truly stunning how one person, the presidential nominee at that, can be so unappealing and provide such mind numbing benign world salad non-answers. Then she gravitates to blame Trump and try to hide from the past 3.5 years of her and Biden's dumpster fire admin disasters starting with the total world humiliation of the DEADLY Afghan withdrawal, the failed bidenomics circus economy and the total border /immigration failure creating the worst humaitarian, child trafficking crisis  and current ongoing national security crisis, Total, absolute failure here and abroad for the Biden/Harris admin.

She's going nowhere quick, dems SHOULD replace her now!

She's a total loon, likely dumber than Biden.

I see someone has posting diarrhea. Keep going, see how much venom you can spew about a woman who is NOT a felon, sexual predator, grifter, racist and misogynist.

I'm guessing you share Trump's misogynism.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Actually Russia had higher GDP growth by far. That's quite a failure for Russia to have higher GDP growth than the US. When did that happen for the last time?

Entry #2 in my competition for stupid post

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Trump is a heavyweight? You ever hear him talk about actual solutions in an intelligent way. I mean talking actual policy and giving a fulsome account of how it would work and why it would work.

I think an appeal of Kamala is not that she's absolutely the best, smartest, candidate but that she'll be willing to work as part of a team - be willing to listen to people with expertise and experience in that particular area rather than simply find the most loyal or those that tell her she's the bestest president in the world for all time. 

Smart post #1 in my competition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, illisdean said:

She is easy prey even for softball CNN as Kamala mopped the floor with herself. Wait until Trump kicks in her feckless teeth, but Harris will find a way to turtle out of the ABC debate.

We know that Trump never changed his core values. After 50 years in the public eye, he is still a racist and a thief.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

No need to look for others, you have 26000 of them. Each and every one...a winner!!!!

Yes, I have 26000 of them. With a 44,500 approval rating. Perhaps you would like to post your approval ratio.

I'm sorry, there's only one entry per poster in the competition, unless you would like me to substitute this one instead.

33 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Yes, I have 26000 of them. With a 44,500 approval rating. Perhaps you would like to post your approval ratio.

I'm sorry, there's only one entry per poster in the competition, unless you would like me to substitute this one instead.

Lol,  your "approval rating". Do you have any idea who is giving you this "approval"? Or why you are seeking this approval?

The truth is not paint by numbers, Laces.

I don't even know there is such a thing as an "approval rating" or what mine is, I simply don't care. All I care about is the truth.  

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Like the borders bill that Trump blocked?

I'm beginning to see how it works now.

Strokes of the pen with Democrats are only for violating laws, not enforcing them.

The border can be closed in an hour.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I see someone has posting diarrhea. Keep going, see how much venom you can spew about a woman who is NOT a felon, sexual predator, grifter, racist and misogynist.

MAGAs are desperate... 😀

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

What abortions did he fund?

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Misogynism is being unable to define what a woman is.

• Haha 1

Not at all. Russia underwent years of austerity so it could spend. Social benefits were increased. Hardly a war economy, in fact Putin was careful not to put Russia on a war economy or even martial law, not even after Kursk. Russians are buying more consumer goods and luxury goods than ever. That's not a war economy, that's just a thriving economy. Google "The Economist Vladimir Putin spends big Russian economy soaring".

Your take on the strength of the Russian economy is poor. Inflation is high and high interest rates impacts greatly on low income Russians, many of whom are borrowing to cover declining real incomes. 

“The Kremlin, as a result, is in a three way bind of its own making, The government can’t cut spending as long as the war continues. The war, however, saps the labour force, fuelling inflation and diminishing both welfare and public sentiment. And high interest rates, necessitated by all the inflation, stifle investment and productivity and further distort the economy”.

”… with every tick of the clock, Russia’s wartime economy becomes more susceptible to external (or internal, for that matter) shocks”. 

source: CEPA - Russia’s Economy: Closer to the Edge Than it Looks. 14 May 2024.

It’s not that unusual to see what on the surface looks like a booming economy, very quickly go from boom to bust. 

As I said, unsustainable. 

• Like 1