The Republican Reckoning: A Post-Trump Civil War Looms if He Loses

Social Media

Maybe the Republican dinosaur could retire like Biden did, that would be a better

solution to the American problem. No more dinosaurs allowed to be president.

Too bad there was not a 34d choice in political parties in the USA. Too complicated perhaps.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO the only reason she is getting the positive response is because she is neither Trump nor Biden

That may well be the case. Do you have a sensible/rational alternative?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Except illegals are ineligible for benefits, just like they are ineligible to vote. The biggest consumers of public benefits are still poor white southerners. 

Yes you're right about that. Apparently there is some funding for illegal women and children including some emergency health care. The problem I see is: how do these mainly male illegals, who have been streaming into the US over the last 4 yrs survive without any funding or legal work etc.? What happens to them after the election? Law and order could become a problem if it isn't already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How did Biden do at uniting the US, hahahaha.

There seems to be close to ½ the US voters that have been insisting on zero compromise for decades.  Nasty Newt started that trend.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JCauto said:

Absolutely! He's personable and very Midwestern, you know, like the average American voter. 

And a coward? Tell us about your service to your country. And I'm pretty sure you'd be lying if you did, because among actual military people there's a code about attacking other fellow soldiers. He served in the National Guard for 24 years. That's why he doesn't disparage JD Vance even though he was writing press releases in a Quonset hut rather than on the front lines. 

As to the actual presidential candidate you favor, perhaps this passage from the classic Hemingway novel  "The Old Man and the Sea" would inspire some reflection:

"But I must have confidence and I must be worthy of the great DiMaggio who does all things perfectly even with the pain of the bone spur in his heel."

He's a weak man. Let a city burn for 3 days. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, JCauto said:

Tell us about your service to your country. And I'm pretty sure you'd be lying if you did, because among actual military people there's a code about attacking other fellow soldiers. He served in the National Guard for 24 years.

Seems he and I served for about the same length of time. I was in regulars for over 10 years and the rest in Territorials ( equivalent to National Guard ). So I have nothing to be ashamed of. Like him I never served on active service, but that was because the war stopped before I got there, not because I resigned before I could get sent.

Do tell about this "code"? You make it sound like a secret brotherhood or something, LOL. Can't say I ever noticed anything like that. But then no one ever came up to me in the street to thank me for my service either. Perhaps it's different in the States.

I met many US navy personnel in Antarctica, and most were stand up guys. I liked them a lot. They certainly knew how to party.

1 hour ago, JCauto said:

As to the actual presidential candidate you favor, perhaps this passage from the classic Hemingway novel  "The Old Man and the Sea" would inspire some reflection:

"But I must have confidence and I must be worthy of the great DiMaggio who does all things perfectly even with the pain of the bone spur in his heel."

LOL. You attack Trump for opting out like thousands of fellow Americans did, but make no mention of Biden that also opted out of an unpopular war being run by a man that IMO should not have been running a stray dog shelter.

• Confused 1