Lopburi: 18 Year Old Man Fatally Attacked by Three American Bully Dogs

7 minutes ago, proton said:

It beggars belief these killers are still alive, the chances of them never attacking again is close to zero. Babies and toddlers are their victims of choice as they like to go for the weakest. They should at least be muzzled, and preferably have all thier teeth removed.

Ahh - that would be cruel - poor things! 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/1/2024 at 12:14 PM, lordgrinz said:

I still go with the training part, its the owner responsibility for what they became. I had a rottweiler that came to me at 1 yr old with issues, by the time I was done with him he wouldn't hurt a fly and was docile, goofy, and lovable to the day he died (best dog I ever owned - miss him every day). Wouldn't fight over food in a bowl, played with children, and even had pet cockatiels that would stand on his back while he smiled. Have had many dogs, I will never accept any aggression of any kind from my dogs, I am the one-and-only Alpha Male, period. 

That's like saying loaded guns are fine in the house until someone accidentally kills someone with them. It's better not to take the chance with breeds that can kill, and your teeth aren't as sharp as the other alpha males that might like to compete with your authority. You didn't even consider that it's often strangers that are in danger, so even if they accept your authority 100% of the time, they might kill others.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/1/2024 at 3:54 AM, jvs said:

Yes you could look at it that way,i think also ignorance played a big part here.

Yes the dogs should have thought about the consequences  before 'playing rough'

I feel sorry for the 18yr old who lost his life to those mongrels,  he had a job and was working ... then came home to look after the dogs that his useless brother brought into the equation,  he didn't have any say in the matter obviously ....    he thought good by taking care of the dogs for his brother. 

Anyone who brings over 3 pit bulls x must be brain dead and have no job usually fits their character. 

I hope he feels responsible for what he' s done to the family ....   but TIT ..   they don't have empathy here.

RIP young man. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, john donson said:

horrible way to die... you think the brother will feel any guilt and take his own life out of shame ? or just a sorry...cu next life...

did you read my post above ...     he will be sad for a while but it'll all be forgotten in no time ... it's the thai way.  Very sad for his brother. 

8 hours ago, J Branche said:
9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There were no Pit Bulls involved in this attack.

American Bull Terrier falls under the SPCA umbrella term of Pit Bull. Not my words, talk to SPCA were I quoted the info.

There were no American Bull Terriers involved in the attack, either.  Your post, to which I responded originally, suggested that Pit Bulls were involved. 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
8 hours ago, J Branche said:
9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

American Bull Terrier falls under the SPCA umbrella term of Pit Bull. Not my words, talk to SPCA were I quoted the info.

There were no American Bull Terriers involved in the attack, either.  Your post, to which I responded originally, suggested that Pit Bulls were involved. 

Pedantic again...  The dog was reported as being an 'American bully' dog... 

Whatever it was - it was clearly a Breed of Bull Terrier whereby 'Pit Bull' is usually an umbrella term.. 

...  American Bull Terrier, XL American Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, American bully etc etc...   

Thus: This was a Pit Bull - if considering the general term, or an American Bully (as per reports) if being specific... 

BUT.. Does it matter ? - All under the 'Pit Bull' Umbrella are dangerous... 

Its kind of like arguing what type of hand grenade something is.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, James9999 said:

In the UK there is a move to try and ban fireworks but there hasn't been public fatality from fireworks since 1997. There were 16 deaths from dogs in 2023 alone. Shows how powerful the dog owning lobby is.

To put that in perspective... How mean deaths were there from people tripping over a pair of slippers ?

How many accident drownings in a bathtub ? or falling from a ladder ?

I wanted to get that out there before someone asks the questions, we'll xxx is dangerous should we ban that ??... i.e. should slippers, bathtubs, ladders be banned ?...  becasue there are more deaths from each of those than from dogs... 

But...  all of those things are designed out of useful necessity, the 'Pitbull breeds' are bred to be dangerous - they are not a necessity and as much as some may like the breed, they are not a breed initially intended or bred for their soft nature, quite the opposite in fact. 

On 9/1/2024 at 3:01 AM, JeffersLos said:

It's not the dogs, it's the humans that don't know how to take care of lovely pets. 

Yes, they are adorable. There is a black homeless guy that has one of those adorable dogs and he sits near to my local bike path. I guess they share needles and Fentanyl. I am always concerned about riding my bike near to this guy and his dog. If that adorable critter decide to attack me, we gonna exchange some lovely kisses.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

or falling from a ladder ?

In a work situation, in the UK at least, ladders are effectively banned. They are only considered for working at height if there is no other safer method available. And a risk assessment is required. Perhaps they should be banned in diy.

On 9/1/2024 at 4:14 AM, lordgrinz said:

I still go with the training part, its the owner responsibility for what they became.

Not always, if the dog is sick in the head there's noway you can fix this with "training"

43 minutes ago, watchcat said:

Not always, if the dog is sick in the head there's noway you can fix this with "training"

The dogs are not sick. Innocent animals follwing their instincts or training.

It is the people who keep them refusing to understand they are time bombs who are sick

Interesting background on the 60 year old Kimberly Williams, who was killed by pitties on August 2

Victim Lived at HomeWTHR reported that both dogs were pit bulls. Williams had worked as a dog groomer for 40 years. Not only was she familiar with the dogs, she lived at the home with the dogs. The homeowner and dogs' owner was in the hospital having open heart surgery, WTHR reports. Family members said that Williams had just given the dogs a bath when something went wrong. 

https://blog.dogsbite.org/2024/08/woman-killed-by-two-dogs-while-dog-sitting-indianapolis-indiana.html

According to people here we should probably do the same with some demographics of humans, because they seem to be violent as well, and prone to deadly/murderous tendencies. It might be their "instinct", "breeding", etc. 

7 hours ago, GoodieAfterDark said:

Yes, they are adorable. There is a black homeless guy that has one of those adorable dogs and he sits near to my local bike path. I guess they share needles and Fentanyl. I am always concerned about riding my bike near to this guy and his dog. If that adorable critter decide to attack me, we gonna exchange some lovely kisses.

Oh no, a black homeless guy!!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/1/2024 at 9:34 AM, brianthainess said:

Que the It's not the dogs, I have a nice one Blah Blah Blah BS.  BAN THE Killers.

If they were humans they would get life if not the death penalty.

No idea if it is the dogs but more then likely the dogs will get put down as that is the go to with vicious dogs. At least in western countries, Not sure the policy here. 

Anyway, The ban the dog mentality is extreme but no less then what I expect on this forum 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chwooly said:

No idea if it is the dogs but more then likely the dogs will get put down as that is the go to with vicious dogs. At least in western countries, Not sure the policy here. 

Anyway, The ban the dog mentality is extreme but no less then what I expect on this forum 

No Idea if it's the dogs really ?? do some research on these killer breeds. Here they don't like to put dogs down because of 'Buddhism' but it's not illigal to do so, they a. should be put down, b. Ban such breeds. A lot of western countries have banned these dogs for good reason, nothing to do with members on this forum.

I could say those not wanting them banned is no less than I expect on this forum, and you would be in the minority. I guess your from the USA.

• Sad 1

So much anger towards PitBulls on this thread (about an attack that didn't even involve a PitBull).

To provide some balance, allow me to bring some joy to those frothing at the mouth from their Pattaya bar stool, with a pic of my smiling Red Nose American Pit Bull Terrier. Or Pibble as I like to say...

Awww he's such a good boy. 😗

image.png.cefcfce4c89522cbc9897cd4216a0af2.png

• Love It 2

Just now, brianthainess said:

No Idea if it's the dogs really ?? do some research on these killer breeds. Here they don't like to put dogs down because of 'Buddhism' but it's not illigal to do so, they a. should be put down, b. Ban such breeds. A lot of western countries have banned these dogs for good reason, nothing to do with members on this forum.

I could say those not wanting them banned is no less than I expect on this forum, and you would be in the minority. I guess your from the USA.

I owned a pet supply store in the US that catered to a large population "killer dogs" and I was a dog breed of large breed dogs for a number of years, Showing and winning in AKC events on the local and national level, I am fairly conversant on this subject. 

I stand by my original statement

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

So much anger towards PitBulls on this thread (about an attack that didn't even involve a PitBull).

To provide some balance, allow me to bring some joy to those frothing at the mouth from their Pattaya bar stool, with a pic of my smiling Red Nose American Pit Bull Terrier. Or Pibble as I like to say...

Awww he's such a good boy. 😗

That is one ugly dog. 

• Sad 3
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Chwooly said:

I owned a pet supply store in the US that catered to a large population "killer dogs" and I was a dog breed of large breed dogs for a number of years, Showing and winning in AKC events on the local and national level, I am fairly conversant on this subject. 

I stand by my original statement

OK then if you say so. Do you go hunting as well ? This is nothing to do with 'Large Breeds' its about dogs with killer instincts.

states-prohibiting-breed-specific-legislation.thumb.jpg.eaa7089a398c60164b9a883cd6e2faa9.jpg

Edited by brianthainess

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

OK then if you say so. Do you go hunting as well ? This is nothing to do with 'Large Breeds' its about dogs with killer instincts.

states-prohibiting-breed-specific-legislation.thumb.jpg.eaa7089a398c60164b9a883cd6e2faa9.jpg

I don't know what hunting has to do with this as hunting dogs fall into some very specific skill sets and sizes. Flock guardians have "Killer Instincts" Chihuahuas are high on the list as well but no one is calling for them to be banned, 

This article has a boat load of good information. 

https://www.dogster.com/statistics/dog-bite-statistics

Cheers

49 minutes ago, Chwooly said:

I don't know what hunting has to do with this as hunting dogs fall into some very specific skill sets and sizes. Flock guardians have "Killer Instincts" Chihuahuas are high on the list as well but no one is calling for them to be banned, 

This article has a boat load of good information. 

https://www.dogster.com/statistics/dog-bite-statistics

Cheers

Do you vote for Trump too. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:
11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:
19 hours ago, J Branche said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Pedantic again...  The dog was reported as being an 'American bully' dog... 

Strange how accuracy becomes pedanticism in so many posters' eyes.  You're right, the dog was reported as being an American Bully, it was definitely not reported as being a Pit Bull, two very different things, so my comment was accurate, not pedantic.  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

Do you vote for Trump too. 

Not sure what that has to do with this thread,  But No I don' t vote for trump.

But I am sure you are another of  those that think only the Democrats can save the world,

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chwooly said:

Not sure what that has to do with this thread,  But No I don' t vote for trump.

But I am sure you are another of  those that think only the Democrats can save the world,

I really don't give a fig about America, in anyway shape or form. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

'Pit Bull' is usually an umbrella term.. 

...  American Bull Terrier, XL American Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, American bully etc etc...   

All under the 'Pit Bull' Umbrella are dangerous... 

Staffordshire Bull Terriers are dangerous?   Really?  What experience do you have of them in order to make that claim?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1