The benefits of living alone as an older man

36 minutes ago, maesariang said:

What does Nicky woop mean?

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I got my self an infected leg and I couldn't walk or  get out of bed and I was bedridden for a few days , after a few days of lying in bed a Thai girlfriend came around to visit .

I told her that I couldn't get out of bed and I couldn't walk.

I gave her 1000 Baht   (to get me some food) .

She got me one chicken and rice meal for 50 Baht and I didn't see her for the next three days until I could walk again , she spent the "change" on some beers for herself 

A thai girlfriend. One of many? Hope you told her to nicky woop. Which means nick off. Or go away. 

13 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I got my self an infected leg and I couldn't walk or  get out of bed and I was bedridden for a few days , after a few days of lying in bed a Thai girlfriend came around to visit .

I told her that I couldn't get out of bed and I couldn't walk.

I gave her 1000 Baht   (to get me some food) .

She got me one chicken and rice meal for 50 Baht and I didn't see her for the next three days until I could walk again , she spent the "change" on some beers for herself 

Is she your best friend?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RSD1 said:

"No pop-lem. I can do bee-cott I lubb u too mutt. You berry goose man. Jai-Dii neh. Bick heart. Gibb me money too mutt so I take care my famm-a-leee neh no need working ok. Gooose!"

I lub u too mut,  i can hab u atm cud foo my seff na ....  i take ker una ... 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, maesariang said:

What does Nicky woop mean?

I think that its baby talk for going to the toilet  .

*Did you do a poopy woppy in your bedy weedy , daddy waddy  needs to cleany weany it up *

Edited by Nick Carter icp
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

There are no benefits in living alone as an old man, in my view.

I am biased as I have a happy longstanding relationship.

However, so far, what has been offered up on this board is the ability to ' have a friend over '  or go to the pub to be with farang friends.

A pretty shallow and weak answer in my book. Getting pissed and shagging when you want to?

I see only downsides to living alone as an old man, or any man really. You have to do your own dishes or pay someone. You have to clean your own floor, or pay someone.  You have to do handy work or pay someone.

No human warmth. Nobody who cares for you.

What kind of life is that?

• Agree 2

Social isolation is cited as a risk factor not only for longevity but for dementia as well, BUT it is important to recognize that these are just statistical averages, and may not necessarily be applicable to any given individual.

I have a sibling who from an early age has made longevity his mission in life. He leads a life which mechanically follows the dictates of longevity guidelines: no drink, no smoke, sleep hygiene, exercise, healthy diet, married, social life, etc., but somehow it all seems to lack a joie de vivre, and I'm skeptical that that's necessarily the way to go. 

I have also often wondered if those statistics about married/unmarried mortality rates are skewed by people who never married because of physical or mental handicaps which prevented them from marrying. Marriage isn't for everyone, and if someone knows it isn't for them, entering into an unhappy marriage just because a longevity website tells you it'll help you live longer will probably increase your chances of premature death rather than decreasing them. :shock1:

Specific to Thailand, I've seen many guys rush into marriage with a Thai woman because they think they need a companion to help interface with Thais on a day to day basis. To the extent that this isolates them from the challenges of interacting more fully with their environment, for example by undermining the need to learn the language, a spouse can actually inhibit social engagement and impede the mental stimulation which comes from interacting more fully with the environment. I was single well into my late 40's, and when I look back, I doubt that many of the mental and academic endeavors that I engaged in I would have been able to accomplish had I been married, much less had the responsibility of raising a family. I will be forever grateful for the freedom my earlier single life afforded me.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

There are no benefits in living alone as an old man, in my view.

I am biased as I have a happy longstanding relationship.

However, so far, what has been offered up on this board is the ability to ' have a friend over '  or go to the pub to be with farang friends.

A pretty shallow and weak answer in my book. Getting pissed and shagging when you want to?

I much prefer the life I have, sharing and caring, doing things together including cooking and cleaning, vacationing together, even going to the hospital, immigration, or for a long drive, I find it much better to have my other half there.

BTW, I can sit in a bar alone content in my own company, I don't need or crave company.

My home life and home comforts are different, however.

A fresh clean bed, Netflix movies together, eating together, discussing current news together.

Give me family life anytime, and she feels the same.

I like your attitude and probably be exactly the same when im in my 70s if I make it that far. But in my 50s its a bit too boring. I have tried it. I like to go away for a few nights away from my nagging wife and child. Thankfully she lets me do this once a month

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, simon43 said:

the benefits for older men

As long as you got the cash you can play sit and spin with a girl 1/3 your age at least 3X a week, have a fun and exciting time doing it, feel invigorated and fully alive, and not deal with any fuss about it. That's what really keeps older men young.

I'll bet most of the men who talk about married life being so wonderful after 20+ years haven't felt excited about having sex in nearly as long. And then they will go on to tell you that sex doesn't matter to them anymore because their marriage is so wonderful in so many other ways. Shhyeah, so says the man who hasn't had any off-the-charts sex in decades. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Mine looked after me for my 2 'immobile' months after my 'hit and run' last year, moved a mattress into the living room to sleep on the floor near me. I couldn't walk or sit up or stand up on my own, so was sleeping on the sofa. Waited on me, stayed with me in case I needed something, went to get snacks and drinks for me from 7-11.

7-11 have deliveries , you can order online and they bring the goods around to you , you don't need a live in gofer to go to 7/11 for you .

You don't need a gofer these days , they bring it to you 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

As long as you got the cash you can play sit and spin with a girl 1/3 your age at least 3X a week, have a fun and exciting time doing it, feel invigorated and fully alive, and not deal with any fuss about it. That's what really keeps older men young.

I'll bet most of the men who talk about married life being so wonderful after 20+ years haven't felt excited about having sex in nearly as long. And then they will go on to tell you that sex doesn't matter to them anymore because their marriage is so wonderful in so many other ways. Shhyeah, so says the man who hasn't had any off-the-charts sex in decades. 

Just gets boring having sex, doesn't matter how young and pretty the girl is , just gets boring humping away .

I overdid it in that department and just got bored with it 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Just gets boring having sex, doesn't matter how young and pretty the girl is , just gets boring humping away .

No disrespect, but it never gets boring. It's all a mindset. And some men start to have physical limitations because of reduced hormone levels, but then it's misconstrued as it being "boring". 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Try ladyboys then. Live a little.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

From the South China Morning Post this week. 

“The statistics on “lonely deaths” were released by the Japanese National Police Agency on Tuesday. They showed that across Japan, 21,716 people died alone in the first three months of the year, with nearly 80 per cent, or 17,034 individuals, aged 65 or older.”

stunning and frightening statistic. 

Edited by Flyguy330
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Flyguy330 said:

From the South China Morning Post this week. “

The statistics on “lonely deaths” were released by the Japanese National Police Agency on Tuesday. They showed that across Japan, 21,716 people died alone in the first three months of the year, with nearly 80 per cent, or 17,034 individuals, aged 65 or older.”

stunning and frightening statistic. 

How do die as a couple without planned suicide? That would be worse.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Perhaps I've been unlucky, but no-one (except my dear mum) has ever cared for me 🙂 All 3 ex-wives were only interested in the few $$ that I earned by my hard work.  So I'm not about to start wasting my precious time heeding any woman who claims to care for me. I'd rather have a pet dog....

Sadly, that can happen and there are many, many women like this. You're unlikely to be alone in that experience.

Your best choice then is indeed to look at the advantages of being alone. Total freedom to do as you please, no annoying interruptions, no hair in the bathroom or in bed.

Edited by Cameroni

6 hours ago, impulse said:

Better yet.  Get a male room mate to share expenses and chores, or live in a building with a good community of like minded old farts.

Bros before hoes!

Not everyone is gay, for heavens sake.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1