Swedish Man Scammed by Thai Woman, Loses Over 300,000 Baht

35 minutes ago, BerndD said:

Bull<deleted>. There are many immigrants living in Sweden who now have Swedish citizenship. As in many other countries, England, Germany, France, USA...

And in England's case, many more entering daily.

34 minutes ago, BerndD said:

Bull<deleted>. There are many immigrants living in Sweden who now have Swedish citizenship. As in many other countries, England, Germany, France, USA...

Yet a piece of paper still doesn't turn an Ahmet into a Sven or a John into a Somchai.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Take note.  It's sadly not uncommon for Thai police to side with a Thai against a foreigner, even when the Thai is the one who broke the law and the foreigner is the victim.

Thai cops were probably laughing at him in the back office.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, wombat said:

I stand to be corrected...

Under Thai law a cuckolded husband can take the perp to court for compensation?

That law has been revoked, at the moment it's not an offence.

WARNING

I've had to remove more off topic posts, if you want to discuss camping (or whatever) in the USA, start your own topic, if you continue to try and drag this thread off topic your posting rights will be removed. This thread is about a Swede named Ahmet, scammed in Thailand.

To be honest, all joking aside, if he gets a good lawyer, he can take her to criminal court for Fraud.  Providing he saved all his receipts and text messages between him and the "wife".  Then put together a timeline and present evidence and then she and her husband will have some explanation to do in criminal court.

Chapter 3: Offence of Cheating and Fraud

Section 341. Fraud

Whoever dishonestly deceives a person with the assertion of a falsehood or the concealment of the facts which should be revealed, and, by such deception, obtains a property from the person so deceived or a third person, or causes the person so deceived or a third person to execute, revoke or destroy a document of right, is said to commit the offence of cheating and fraud, and shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding three years or fined not exceeding six thousand Baht, or both.

• Like 1

Getting married to a Thai sounds like an expensive way to get a visa

for a lovesick Swede.  I always heard they were hot then I met a bunch of Swedish au-pairs

in US. Overweight, smoking, not very demure

Edited by Captain Monday

16 hours ago, Cameroni said:

Because he's in love. You wouldn't understand.

Nope. You don't fall in love with an "entity" you met online and have never seen in person. You have no idea who she is, or even if she exists! 

He may have been in love with the idea of being in love. But, he was not in love with the online figment. 

Edited by spidermike007

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

.... "Ahmet met the woman through a dating app in June and soon believed he had found true love. By late July, she had convinced him to send money'"

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

i knew a young woman who tried and tried to get a foreigner to send her tickets to go abroad. She would do anything sexual he asked in camera but refused to send her a baht. Years she tried this. I asked her why she still believed he would send her any ticket after several years chatting him online. Her reply was she believed he would because he kept promising her this. My point is, there are many men who believe the lies a thai woman says thinking he will will have a young pretty wife that he met online once he does as she asks like sending them money to help them until he arrives. . Hopefuls i call them. Just as there are many Thai woman doing the exact same thing using any means online to get them with a foreigner that would be willing to take them out of the country. I think it is pathetic really. Internet has its fair share of desperation. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

Love works in mysterious ways.

But, that is not love. Not even remotely. It was just an expert in deception, who is a scam artist, and a lowlife, preying on a very vulnerable, rather pathetic man. 

iStock-1312046028.jpg

• Like 1

ow what a devastating news

poor swedish mr  Ahmed welcome to the club 

been there done that and not sure it will not  happen no again

why is it even on this site  ?

it happens a million times a year and will never stop

grow up and get a brain

this is educational money we all paid it

If you use dating sites in Thailand be sure and take them woman out for a good time then cut them lose. You are interested in what is between their legs and they are interested in what is in your wallet. Buyer beware.

Properly not the only one who get scammed or fraud by Thai women, which covers thai women as evil and in a bad light. But nobody want to admit to get fooled for money, so did I. I been scammed for 350000 baht of 4 thai women, all want me to help But for family, hospital or children to study.......But there is no help to get against thai law, even money collectors are not interested

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, lordgrinz said:

They just need to get the word out, Thailand is the Land of Scams (LOS).

this is absolutely what needs to happen ....  everyone should be aware of how it really is ... scam city. 

He got away reasonably cheap, actually. But wiring her money before meeting and greeting is just silly. I spent 10 days with my honey before returning to my country. After returning, I put her through school, rented her house, and paid for her rental car. When I look at emails from the time, I cringe. "I will always be there for you. You are my soul mate." I think nearly everyone goes through this at least once. Fool me once. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TedG said:

That’s California.   This is life under Progressive rule. 

A bit like the white man's settlement a few years ago - except that that involved murder, rape, expropriation and genocide. So, what is your problem, really?