Tim Walz: The Unexpected Strength Behind Harris’s VP Pick

Social Media

48 minutes ago, JCauto said:

So if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bicycle. 

Why are you guys so set on making up hypothetical situations that are extremely unlikely to occur, then imagining what might happen, then pontificating as if it actually DID happen? Who does that kind of weird thing? Trying to think, something about sharks and electric boats...

That's rich coming from someone that follows the mainstream media

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Walz served 24 years in the Army National Guard before retiring from a field artillery battalion in 2005 as a command sergeant major, one of the military’s highest enlisted ranks.

but was he a good command sgt major?

I knew a few senior NCOs in my time ( about the same length of service including territorials- similar to the National Guard ) that were not nice people. Just attaining high rank does not mean that one is a good, or great person. In fact, I left the regular military in part because too many of the senior NCOs were not nice, or good people.

1 hour ago, stoner said:

so if kamala went on the 5 and gave an interview....what then ? would it still be fake news and lies ? 

The 5 suck. Clearly one sided and boring to boot. I imagine if they did interview her it would not be fair and balanced and would be full of cheap shots and right wing talking points. It's good that Pete Buttigieg takes on Fox - but one has to know ones strengths - and if taking on the likes of Judge Jeanine and that horrible Waters guy and that guy who thinks he's funny seems unappealing and not likely to be productive then I don't blame her. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

The 5 suck. Clearly one sided and boring to boot. I imagine if they did interview her it would not be fair and balanced and would be full of cheap shots and right wing talking points. It's good that Pete Buttigieg takes on Fox - but one has to know ones strengths - and if taking on the likes of Judge Jeanine and that horrible Waters guy and that guy who thinks he's funny seems unappealing and not likely to be productive then I don't blame her. 

Would you have the same opinion if it were Trump instead of her?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sorted2024 said:

I think you will find some slightly disturbing info in coming on other platforms on this guy

I'm sure we will. Conspiracy theorists and fruitcakes.

What Trumpers don't realize is ordinary people are heartily sick of the name calling and denigration. They want positive candidates, not whiners.

Clinton beat Trump in the popular vote by more than 2 million votes. Biden beat Trump by 7 million.

I don't know if you see a trend here, I certainly do.

• Like 1

Walz was a good pick in that he balances the ticket a bit -- his image is that of a jolly normal Midwestern Dad/grandpa-type to balance out the fear a lot of us have of an elite California leftist totally out of touch with anyone but her own narrow sort.  Downsides to him:  I think he really is pretty far left in ideology and once people start discussing his record (versus the military rank issue, which I think will blow over and most people don't get the difference anyway) he may have a harder time.  Minnesota is not exactly an influential state, and it's possible that in the end Shapiro from PA would have been better (although the huge spike in anti-semitism in the Dems' "progressive" wing might have been problematic).

Sadly, I guess many peole can relate, but he seems like a total loser to me especially a financial loser.  No stocks, bonds or real estate?  At his age in the U.S. barely worth 1 million.  I certainly don't trust or believe in a person who could be President that is clueless about personal financials let alone managing the country.  Seems like a total stupid man disaster for the U.S.

probably has no idea what a dividend or capital gain is..

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

The same strength as needed for cheap shot one liner trolling of the far right insult echo chamber no doubt.

I'm simply stating the truth.

Unlike Walz. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm sure we will. Conspiracy theorists and fruitcakes.

What Trumpers don't realize is ordinary people are heartily sick of the name calling and denigration. They want positive candidates, not whiners.

Clinton beat Trump in the popular vote by more than 2 million votes. Biden beat Trump by 7 million.

I don't know if you see a trend here, I certainly do.

You are right. They want someone who presents as an adult, not a spoiled, whiny, moaning, groaning, always offended 13 year old boy. 

By comparison, both Harris and Walz present as people with dignity and offer a sense of hope, not gloom and hatred. 

cd16245-donald-trump-baby-wearing-suit-funny-political-birthday-card__49853.1656537567.jpg

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Sadly, I guess many peole can relate, but he seems like a total loser to me especially a financial loser.  No stocks, bonds or real estate?  At his age in the U.S. barely worth 1 million.  I certainly don't trust or believe in a person who could be President that is clueless about personal financials let alone managing the country.  Seems like a total stupid man disaster for the U.S.

So just a regular guy among the half of Americans who don't own stocks and not in the 6 odd percentage with 1 miilion nett worth. Highly relatable guy to majority of voters. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Aside from the 'inconsistencies ' in his bio, he IS very good on the stump. Far better than Harris,  which admittedly is a very low bar.

But he may cost her the election.  Pennsylvania is looking increasingly tough for the Democrats to win,  and ignoring Governor Shapiro to pick Walz may be the reason.  There really is no path to victory without Pennsylvania. 

Nevada / Georgia / North Carolina

bye

6 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I saw that and was told Trumps family saying the same about Trump

What goes around comes around

That was just Mary Trump, a cousin.

There's a group photo of 8 or 9 of what's his name

with Voting for Trump shirts on.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, stoner said:

who is you guys ? are you another one of the slow learners that still wants to call me a trump supporter because at times i say things you disagree with. check.

it was a simple question.... that you make it sound like the crusades. 

It was an absurd question that stems from your fantasy of having Kamala Harris subjected to a hectoring on live TV by a Right-Wing panel of nutters. Why on earth would she do that? There's no separating the base from Trump as they're willing to be separated from the basic day-to-day reality that surrounds them, so what's the point? 

And yes, of course you're not a Trumper, you just continuously posit negative stuff about Harris. But of course you're not voting Trump, you're a Cornell West supporter, right? Why pretend?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, luckymitchell said:

That's rich coming from someone that follows the mainstream media

You mean the "News"? The thing that journalists cover and write about? 

Go on then, tell us the rich source of truth that you use to come to your clear understanding of the world.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Why should she do it? Because she wants to be the goddam President, that's why.  She has to show that she can handle a little heat. If she can't handle a tough reporter, what chance does she have going up against Xi or Putin?

At the moment, she is hiding in plain sight- letting various spokesholes deliver her missives to the press. It is a rather pathetic way to campaign.

She will - there's a debate on 10 September. Be patient! You'll get your chance to see her right up close and personal and next to Felonious. Can't wait.

Should Trump go on Cenk Uygur's show? Of course he shouldn't, Cenk would tear him to pieces and it would be a setup. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I think most know what a capital gain or a dividend is.  He may have been busy  supporting his family and constituents rather than investing. Not a bad thing and not a sign of cluelessness in my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Are you kidding me!! Heck no. I was thinking the opposite of you. How the right wing crackpots are allowed to run rampant here.  Check out your compadres susanlea and Cameroni among others. 

I saw her in concert a few times and she could really belt it out. "Cry baby, Cry Cry baby....."

• Like 1
  • Love It 1