Unskilled labor opportunities in Pattaya

Na Fan

For two young people in their twenties, zero English skills or other notable skills - what are some opportunities for entry positions that could get them on a solid track where they can earn a living and not risk losing a limb or a couple fingers in some shady factory.

I guess I'm just looking for random ideas. I'm also a bit out of touch what one should expect to earn in some low level jobs (hotel maid, dishwasher, etc). You've got to start somewhere, but you still shouldn't be ripped off.

Thoughts?

• Confused 2

Can expect minimum wage around 330 - 350 baht per day, working 7 days a week, that would make about 10k per month.

There are many different areas to work in that do not demand education. However, the wages will be the same.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Na Fan said:

For two young people in their twenties, zero English skills or other notable skills - what are some opportunities 

Education? 

Male, female? 

High school diploma or higher? 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Education? 

Male, female? 

High school diploma or higher? 

One male, one female.

Female finished high school, age 21. Male has a mechanical engineering degree, age 26.

24 minutes ago, Na Fan said:

One male, one female.

Female finished high school, age 21. Male has a mechanical engineering degree, age 26.

Shade tree motorcycle repair shop  very little startup costs

lots of business changing tyres, oil and engine rebuilds of those who never changed their oil ever !!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, johng said:

Shade tree motorcycle repair shop  very little startup costs

lots of business changing tyres, oil and engine rebuilds of those who never changed their oil ever !!

Shade tree? Is that a brand or chain of some sort?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Na Fan said:

For two young people in their twenties, zero English skills or other notable skills - what are some opportunities for entry positions that could get them on a solid track where they can earn a living and not risk losing a limb or a couple fingers in some shady factory.

I guess I'm just looking for random ideas. I'm also a bit out of touch what one should expect to earn in some low level jobs (hotel maid, dishwasher, etc). You've got to start somewhere, but you still shouldn't be ripped off.

Thoughts?

Could go to Korea and earn 40-70k a month illegally of course

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Can expect minimum wage around 330 - 350 baht per day, working 7 days a week, that would make about 10k per month.

There are many different areas to work in that do not demand education. However, the wages will be the same.

1 minute ago, Iron Tongue said:

7-11 is always hiring.

I can't see how anyone can survive with 2 kids at 10k per month.

1 minute ago, proton said:

Could go to Korea and earn 40-70k a month illegally of course

That's a thought. We actually know some that have done it the legal route as well. It's possible and still pays way more than here.

3 minutes ago, Na Fan said:

That's a thought. We actually know some that have done it the legal route as well. It's possible and still pays way more than here.

4 of ours have been there over 6 years, they will have enough to buy house for cash when they get back

3 minutes ago, proton said:

4 of ours have been there over 6 years, they will have enough to buy house for cash when they get back

Can you share an agent or contact privately? Would be great to have an alternate option

2 minutes ago, Na Fan said:

Can you share an agent or contact privately? Would be great to have an alternate option

Sorry have no idea about who they used, the last one got sent back when she got there. They seem to go over in groups, some get in some dont.

13 minutes ago, Na Fan said:

I can't see how anyone can survive with 2 kids at 10k per month.

It´s hard to believe, but they can. Not a good life, but they manage.

Regarding 7 Eleven, I think the starting salary is only 10-12k per month as well.

• Agree 1

None.

If they aren't Thai and lack a work permit prospects are slim.

Imm cops are busting barbers, cooks, and the like three a penny. Unskilled work in Thailand  limits them to busking, begging or hooking.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

Sorry have no idea about who they used, the last one got sent back when she got there. They seem to go over in groups, some get in some dont.

So, in previous post you said they went legally, now you write some get sent back.

If they went legally, no one would get sent back.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Celsius said:

So, in previous post you said they went legally, now you write some get sent back.

If they went legally, no one would get sent back.

They have a quota system whereby they let in some. Those that fly there and expect to get off the plane to work usually get sent back. My ex tried to go, asking the Korean embassy here and they refused her.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, johng said:

No not a brand or chain...you find a nice big shady tree and setup shop underneath.

That's been a common term in america for many decades.

Generally means an independent working out of his own garage.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Na Fan said:

One male, one female.

They should be able in my opinion, D.Y.I., HomePro, BigC, Lotus, Makro,

Delivery jobs office, Flash, DHL.

17 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

They should be able in my opinion, D.Y.I., HomePro, BigC, Lotus, Makro,

Delivery jobs office, Flash, DHL.

HomePro etc have the advantage at least of being decent working environments with pretty well regulated shifts, even if the pay is the minimum.

4 hours ago, BusyB said:

HomePro etc have the advantage at least of being decent working environments with pretty well regulated shifts, even if the pay is the minimum.

True. The others I listed are pretty comparable, these are jobs my Thai son and daughter inlaw have worked.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2024 at 12:29 PM, johng said:

No not a brand or chain...you find a nice big shady tree and setup shop underneath.

Do you really think that one worked? In that case, all power to you! 🤣