The Ultimate Betrayal and the Enemy

Betrayal by a Self-Serving woman: When a woman prioritizes money over genuine connection, it can be particularly hurtful. The love and intimacy we seek in a relationship often hinge on trust and mutual respect, making it painful when those values are overshadowed by her materialistic motives.

How about you?  When did you realize that you are an ATM and nothing but a utility?  Did you enter into a relationship knowing this or did it take you by surprise?

For me it took me by surprise.  The girlfriend wore the mask for 2 to 3 years before it started to slip down.

I knew a guy at work who said "as soon as she starts to message you and checkinh where you are who you're with, cut her out of your life".  Wise words.

Edited by Chris Daley
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

Betrayal by a Self-Serving woman: When a woman prioritizes money over genuine connection, it can be particularly hurtful. The love and intimacy we seek in a relationship often hinge on trust and mutual respect, making it painful when those values are overshadowed by her materialistic motives.

How about you?  When did you realize that you are an ATM and nothing but a utility?  Did you enter into a relationship knowing this or did it take you by surprise?

For me it took me by surprise.  The girlfriend wore the mask for 2 to 3 years before it started to slip down.

I knew a guy at work who said "as soon as she starts to message you and checkinh where you are who you're with, cut her out of your life".  Wise words.

Sadly, there are women like this. I had an experience with a Filipina where for 6 years she was constantly asking for "allowance" every month. As you rightly say, trust and respect are the most important pillars of a relationship and both were impossible with her in the end. It started about 5 months in, with her insinuating her family store was not doing well. Then at the end of the first visit she'd let slip how her sister may not be able to finish school because of a lack of money.

They dont' ask outright if they're smart, but see how you react to expressions of indirect need.  All the while they of course talk beautiful words of love, which you must see through, as a woman is enveloping you like a snake, with words of love, and those words enable her to eat you alive if they cast the magic spell and ignite the fantasy of the soul known as love.

Man's heart has to be hard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh sure, they can fake it for many years.

I know someone who was with a lady for 10 years.  He trusted the relationship finally bought a 5 million baht house in her name.  Then, it all went to hell.  Many stories like this most women have an agenda. That applies all over the world.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, sidjameson said:

If you weren't of similar age and attractiveness then perhaps she "loved you" in the same way people say they love their job. 

I said and ment it, " I loved teaching at "my" university" but I wouldn't of done it for free and I always had an eye on retirement.

Hope you weren't teaching English, dude! Sorry, couldn't help it. 😛

Where did you find her, op? Not a given a bar girl will be a bad 'un, but they're usually there for financial gain. Having said that, a genuine 'good girl' can be a bad 'un. One has to vet them first and try not to be blinded by love, eh wot wot! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Betrayal at work is expected.  With family it happens.  With friends it is a shock.  But in a long term relationship it can never happen.  It reduces the woman to a sex worker.  Time for money.

Edited by Chris Daley
  • Sad 1

On 9/7/2024 at 11:17 AM, Cameroni said:

Sadly, there are women like this. I had an experience with a Filipina where for 6 years she was constantly asking for "allowance" every month. As you rightly say, trust and respect are the most important pillars of a relationship and both were impossible with her in the end. It started about 5 months in, with her insinuating her family store was not doing well. Then at the end of the first visit she'd let slip how her sister may not be able to finish school because of a lack of money.

They dont' ask outright if they're smart, but see how you react to expressions of indirect need.  All the while they of course talk beautiful words of love, which you must see through, as a woman is enveloping you like a snake, with words of love, and those words enable her to eat you alive if they cast the magic spell and ignite the fantasy of the soul known as love.

Man's heart has to be hard.

So very sorry to hear about this, you, as a  serious contributor in an other ASEAN sub forum.

As I gather, you escaped this "ordeal" financially "intact".  As opposed to thousands of other Farangs that have left their heart and money in Thailand or the Phippines.

The fact, that you are still "financially intact" offers you the opportunity to "open new doors and new avenues" for you. Fortunately.

On 9/8/2024 at 3:16 AM, Jeff Reinstad said:

I feel sorry for him because as a man he has no freedom. Which I consider number one in my life. I'm very grateful that I've reached a point where I'm independent, able to make my own decisions without relying on anyone. If I wanted to, I could buy a ticket to Tokyo, Moscow, London, Paris or New York right this moment. Land there, purchase a house and live happily ever after.

In contrast he seems proud of being dependent on his wife's income, which is the opposite of what I would take pride in.

To me as a man real pride comes from being independent. He celebrates sucking on wife's income. Kind of sad from man's point of view.

Freedom is great. I've heard this type of story 1000 times. Man moves to Thailand invest money into house/business and woman agrees to support him. 

12 hours ago, swissie said:

So very sorry to hear about this, you, as a  serious contributor in an other ASEAN sub forum.

As I gather, you escaped this "ordeal" financially "intact".  As opposed to thousands of other Farangs that have left their heart and money in Thailand or the Phippines.

The fact, that you are still "financially intact" offers you the opportunity to "open new doors and new avenues" for you. Fortunately.

Thank you Swissie, I lost about 200,000 USD all in all over 6 years. All because this woman managed to fire up this fantasy of the soul known as love, and you lose most cognitive function when you're in that state. 

But yes, I can still function and  was luckier than many other men who in similar situations were completely ruined. Also because of the decency of my ex-wife.

The loss of that magnificent woman and my children weighs far heavier than the 200,000 USD of course. But you live and learn.

Edited by Cameroni
  • Confused 1

Cannot say that I've ever been tempted to give a woman all my money due to being 'in love'/in a relationship. 

Even when in that state, money did not ever enter the equation. Keep a hold of your assets. You are the captain of the ship.