Wear a mask in the Cheang Wattana Immigration Building

2 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

Two times I have been there 90 days between each visit and I came back with a virus.

First time I went there on the Friday.  Felt tired on Saturday.  Went to hospital on the Sunday and was diagnosed with Covid 19.

Second time was last Friday.  Now I am sitting here with a flu and sore throat.

That place is an absolute cesspit.  Make sure you wear a mask and wash your hands.

Basically you are exposing yourself to pathogens from all over the world that you have no immunity to. Same happens when you change money in Vasu or use the lift in a condo that does ST lets to all and sundry. This one reason why I am so opposed to ST lets.

I've been sick for 3 weeks now, due mainly to my daughters school, they seem to be spreading viruses everywhere right now in this area (Muang Thong Thani) , which is very near CW. I assume COVID, because until today I had the taste of sickness in my mouth for weeks, and food didn't taste right. 

• Like 1

last Friday. afternoon session. 

now feels like mild-Dengi, but it is not. Just a phookin' virus. 

Get your "ticket" and get out immediately! 

Come in only when it is your time.

PS: avoid CW food court at all costs!

I went to CW Friday AM, feeling fine.

Can't be much worse than the BTS/MRT re: close quarters/congregation of people?

It was heaving, definitely the busiest I've ever seen it - easily 1,000 queued. And a gigantic OTOP 'festival' taking up the whole of the atrium.

• Agree 1

This could be any place that is crowded (Mall, Airplane, BTS/Metro, Bus, any office)  It is just how these spread.  Wearing a properly fitting, high quality mask in these environments helps.

I always put a couple in the car/motorbike, jacket so I do not need to worry about forgetting a mask.

Meanwhile outside of Bangkok, the world has moved on from wearing masks and seems to be just fine.

These masks that most (!) people in Bangkok wear offer no protection whatsoever anyway, so at the very least, do yourself a favor and buy a decent one that you wear properly.

• Thumbs Up 1