Interior Paint Colour Scheme Ideas

YorkshireTyke

Any creative folks out there?

When I bought my house about 10 years ago the interior walls were all cream/0ff white.

I had it repainted about 5/6 years ago in white, now I'm bored of that.

Any colur scheme suggestions for main living/dining/kitchen room, all one room.

Kitchen units are green with brown wooden doors leading to bedrooms, toilet and outdoors if that helps.

All suggestions/photos of examples appreciated.

54 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

I had it repainted about 5/6 years ago in white, now I'm bored of that.

SWMBO has baby blue on the clearstory, with dark blue in the clearstory ceiling, the rest of that room has one wall grey, another green, another yellow the last wall is a light red and the ceiling is white, it sounds too much but with the biggest wall 10 meters by 4 meters and the clearstory about 3 meters above that it works surprisingly well, the room is about 10 by 9 by 4, there are no support pillars.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

Front room paint every 2 to 3 years. at moment is Grey above Orange

Kitchen is dark red with dark blue units,   

up the stairs is off white with 2 dark blue stipe's 

master bedroom pale blue with dark blue top + all windows [7] + doors dark blue > bedroom 2, light purple over dark purple > bedroom 3 purple with dark purple band around middle. 

Just trying to work out what to paint outside walls,  at moment thinking white top + bottom light + dark dreys..  problem is getting to old to use ladders  > doors and windows downstairs on all 4 sides I painted Pillar Box Red about 3 years ago.

• Like 1

Keep it white. Or ask a professional.

There are so many shades of green and any other color. And it's so easy to do it wrong.

And if you painted all "wrong" then there is no easy way to fix it.

I ask the same question some time ago when I renovated my apartment. One member here suggested: Any color is fine, as long as it is white.

I followed his advice.

You can easily hang pictures on the walls to bring some color in your home.

Apart from that I watch from time-to-time videos from this guy. From all the designers he seems to me the most realistic one.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

SWMBO has baby blue on the clearstory, with dark blue in the clearstory ceiling, the rest of that room has one wall grey, another green, another yellow the last wall is a light red and the ceiling is white, it sounds too much but with the biggest wall 10 meters by 4 meters and the clearstory about 3 meters above that it works surprisingly well, the room is about 10 by 9 by 4, there are no support pillars.

I've absolutely no idea what  SWMBO or clearstory is...............

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Keep it white. Or ask a professional.

There are so many shades of green and any other color. And it's so easy to do it wrong.

And if you painted all "wrong" then there is no easy way to fix it.

I ask the same question some time ago when I renovated my apartment. One member here suggested: Any color is fine, as long as it is white.

I followed his advice.

You can easily hang pictures on the walls to bring some color in your home.

Apart from that I watch from time-to-time videos from this guy. From all the designers he seems to me the most realistic one.

Part of my reason for change is a few years ago there was an advert for a very expensive sofa but what caught my eye was the colour scheme of the room. I think it was light grey with darker grey door jambs.

I can always change back to white if it doesn't work out.............

a soft green will go with the cupboards and darker timber, it is also a cool colour which helps, I am currently painting our daughters new cabin on our land all white(she wants it), it is basically one larger roon with a bathroom, We will use curtains & furniture to off set it as all white can be too in your face, colour was my trade for many years so I am able to picture what areas will look like when finished  but personal preferences  need to be taken into consideration, maybe do a feature wall or two to break the pure white up, can make a big difference and easier than repainting the whole room.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Part of my reason for change is a few years ago there was an advert for a very expensive sofa but what caught my eye was the colour scheme of the room. I think it was light grey with darker grey door jambs.

I can always change back to white if it doesn't work out.............

I also see sometimes rooms with color schemes which I like. And most of the time some professional designed them.

Sure, some people have a view for things like that. But I am pretty sure they wouldn't ask about it in a forum like this. If you ask, then you don't know. So, IMHO, better ask a professional. 

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I am often surprised at how well I like the bright, differently colored walls. 

Keep in mind, if you’re doing a good job, once you’re putting the color on, the hard part is already done. 

Paint is pretty inexpensive in the scheme of things. Paint a corner and if you don’t like it, change it. 

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

I have yellow/light brown, light green/very light green & light blue/gray. 

& mostly flat very white ceilings. 

Note: Everything looks darker on the wall than on the chart. 

Yes , the 3  TOA colours I've painted are darker on the wall than their colour chart.

Also satin (or semi gloss) is too glossy , I added some mat white.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, FlorC said:

Yes , the 3  TOA colours I've painted are darker on the wall than their colour chart.

Also satin (or semi gloss) is too glossy , I added some mat white.

Yes, I can identify with that. I chose the green to paint the cupboards from a chart, in hindsight I would have chosen the shade I wanted then gone 1 shade lighter.

2 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

I've absolutely no idea what  SWMBO or clearstory is...............

less common spelling of CLERESTORY

: an outside wall of a room or building that rises above an adjoining roof and contains windows

SWMBO; 

She Who Must Be Obeyed 

Go with a traditional Thai idea, a rainbow effect made from all the old tins of paint found in the rubbish.

Each wall must have at least 2 color's and none used twice.

An English acquaintance and his Thai wife did it on their new home.

Eye opening was one way to describe it

Thai eyes must see colours very different to way my eyes perceive colours.

We have gone two different light shades of grey, plus white, with cloud white tiles.

House near us has gone with dark brown, bright green, baby powder blue and three shades of lilac.

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

You need to make them believe you don’t want them running on it…

I thought about getting one….

Though I doubt that you are in the correct place, if you are in the Khon Kaen Udon Thani area I am (if SWMBO agrees) willing to part with a pre assembled (it ships packed flat) virtual new one for half price and if you are near to route 2 we will even deliver it 😉 it is in perfect working order it’s just the cats who aren’t 😉 

IMG_1356.thumb.png.2e5e9deb17a796513c2e7d2ce1853cc9.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1