What's going on with Dave Bautista?

18 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Throughout most of his wrestling career, the ex-WWE Champion weighed around 290lbs (21st), with his heaviest ever weight clocking up a staggering 370lbs (26st).

However, the former World Heavyweight Champion shed it all for his latest role at The Killer's Game and dropped to 240lbs (17st).

The Guardians of the Galaxy actor went on an intense diet a year and a half ago after wrapping up M. Night Shyamalan's Knock at the Cabin.

The Marvel star revealed his unbelievable new physique on the red carpet and he now looks completely different to the behemoth that set the world of wrestling alight in the 2000s.

Bautista told Chris Van Vliet: "I'm getting super trimmed, this is probably the lightest I've been since I was 19 years old.

"The heaviest I've ever been is 370lbs (26st). When I started Deacon, I was about 325lbs (23st).

Google and The Sun.

I posted a video of the interview with CVV 

On 9/9/2024 at 9:23 AM, FriscoKid said:

He was a big muscular guy before. Wrestler. Looked like a tough guy. Is he now dressing with women's eyeglass frames, a pearl necklace, and wearing a woman's low-neck blouse?

Pearl necklaces are a thing now for men in the US.

Actors, rappers, sportsmen, etc. are wearing them.

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

There is more important news and common knowledge in which I am interested, not in some old American 'wrestler' cum 'actor. 

Not the point. I also have things that interest me more than other. However, I keep up with what happens in the world and when doing that, I catch up the general knowledge. Not good to be blind to parts of the world.

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

Not the point. I also have things that interest me more than other. However, I keep up with what happens in the world and when doing that, I catch up the general knowledge. Not good to be blind to parts of the world.

There are so many things going on in parts of the World, which I keep up with. But not about this guy, he would be way down on my list, if he ever showed up on my top 1000 things to notice in the news.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2024 at 2:00 PM, impulse said:

Bond villain and Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy, among dozens of other roles.

https://screenrant.com/dave-bautista-roles-ranked/

You'd have to not be paying attention to not know who Bautista is, in any country that has talkies.

I watched one of those Guardian movies, and it was so unmemorable the only thing I remember is the tree thing. I don't remember if the tree talked.

Bond villains all looked the same after the first few. Perhaps because the movies became pants. There can only be one Bond, and his name was Sean.

What a lot of oddly angry responses there are to this topic.  As if by just bringing it up the OP has somehow smeared every user and suggested that they are Dave Bautista's biggest fans, and they need to angrily state that they have no idea who he is in order to clear their names.

I was a little puzzled by the recent image change.  It was reported that he wanted to slim down in order to get more serious movie roles, but that does seem a little strange, since he now looks so weird.  I'm not sure what roles he's after.

Some have speculated on health issues, others that he just doesn't want to take steroids anymore, which might be true.

The recent outing in what looks like women's clothing does ask a few questions.  Perhaps he's getting comfortable in Hollywood and "finding himself" a little?