Does your wife/partner have male friends?

stubuzz

8 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

There was a story last week claiming that Thailand has the highest rates of infidelity in the word and it got me thinking. Does your wife/partner have male friends and does she spend time alone with them? What are your thoughts on this issue?

Many women have a "brother".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

No, we're together pretty much 24/7...  

She's a stay at home type person....She'll chat with the neighbors (female) but doesn't really socialize much....She used to keep in touch with a group of 12 study buddy gals from her university, but it seems they've all wandered on their separate ways....They were all successful.....

Our Thai family members seem to be a small, close knit group.....No big gatherings....

No real social media presence or persona.... 

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope, not an issue, and if she is doing something  behind my back she is good at hiding it. Her phone is open, not hiding anything, never goes parties alone, or anything else that makes me suspicious. Just a boring wife who becomes trouble 5 days a month, and hapoy wife for 25 days more or less. 

We both pretty boring to say and predictable 

• Agree 1

Of course; childhood, family, ex coworkers, partners of girlfriends.  How do you not have friends of both sexes ?

I myself don't have here, by choice, any real friends.   A few when living in Udon Thani.  They been to my house, and me & wife to theirs.  None here/PKK past 5 years.  One family, though more friends of the wife.  

25 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Of course; childhood, family, ex coworkers, partners of girlfriends.  How do you not have friends of both sexes ?

I myself don't have here, by choice, any real friends.   A few when living in Udon Thani.  They been to my house, and me & wife to theirs.  None here/PKK past 5 years.  One family, though more friends of the wife.  

What do you mean with PKK? I don't think you mean the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, stubuzz said:

There was a story last week claiming that Thailand has the highest rates of infidelity in the word and it got me thinking. Does your wife/partner have male friends and does she spend time alone with them? What are your thoughts on this issue?

Why would I be bothered, or even think about it?

Know what they are, pay for what you get when you get it!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I've never found women all that interesting, or share any of my hobbies and interests, so I've never bothered pretending women are my friends, just sex and reproduction.

15 hours ago, stubuzz said:

My ex -girlfriend had many male friends and used to go out all the time to to the bar that she used to work at to catch up with them. They were from all over the place .. .. Germany, U.K., France, New  Zealand,  Australia .

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wavodavo said:

My ex -girlfriend had many male friends and used to go out all the time to to the bar that she used to work at to catch up with them. They were from all over the place .. .. Germany, U.K., France, New  Zealand,  Australia .

Must be why she is now your EX-GF haha.. 

i talked about this once with my wife about it and discussed it about others many times. She thinks (and I agree) that any married or otherwise engaged in a relationship woman should never be seen or out with another man. That it shows everyone she is a playgirl and shows the man she does not love or care about his feelings. Any man that allows her to do this also does not care if his woman is fooling around when she is out on her own. 

We see it almost every week now in the news whereas someone is killed or hospitalized because the partner is cheating. Any man that allows his woman to go off with some man should expect this to happen. Most Thai men do not care if a woman is single or in a relationship and will take advantage of a woman if they are horny and get any type of signal from the woman like kindness or friendly or flirtatious. 

On a side note. My wife works in a government office. If it ever became public knowledge that she was in an extramarital affair. She would lose her job. 

Odd thing is that in a government position, it is almost impossible to get terminated. Except for something like this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I've never found women all that interesting, or share any of my hobbies and interests, so I've never bothered pretending women are my friends, just sex and reproduction.

Hit & miss with common interests.  Wife #2 gave me $2k to assist rehab first house before we were married or living together.  The same day, my buddy was upgrading motorcycle, so I bought his at the dealer offered price.   Really couldn't pass it up, damn bargain of the century.   Yea, she was pissed, "you know, I didn't give you the money to buy a F'g MC" .... but every weekend, she wanted to go somewhere on it :cheesy:  She got over it quite fast. 

Another GF with no experience, loved going to the gun range with, and was quite good.   Best of course were the like minded sex freaks, and everyone's favorite hobby.  Can't beat friends w/bennies when you're just chilling, and they call to make sure you don't have any company already, and want to pop over to get their freak on.

Present wife has caught the wildlife photography bug.  A good thing, as spots birds usually better than me.   Along with enjoys going O&A, just for the hell of it, to sit somewhere different with a different view.

So been lucky myself.

23 hours ago, maesariang said:

Never heard of PKK? 

I've never heard of PKK in a conversation.

I've read about  PKK in news articles, where it was a reference to the Kurdistan Workers Party.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Puccini said:

I've never heard of PKK in a conversation.

I've read about  PKK in news articles, where it was a reference to the Kurdistan Workers Party.

Many folks here use abbreviations quite often.  PKK gets used a bit, especially by me.  Along with CM, HH, BKK/KT.   Especially if topic or someone talking about a certain region.

... north; CM, CR

... southern way; PKK, KS, KT, ST, NST, PP

... northeast; NK, UT, KK, Ubon, Udon, Korat

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Many folks here use abbreviations quite often.  PKK gets used a bit, especially by me.  Along with CM, HH, BKK/KT.   Especially if topic or someone talking about a certain region.

... north; CM, CR

... southern way; PKK, KS, KT, ST, NST, PP

... northeast; NK, UT, KK, Ubon, Udon, Korat

I guess one has to live in one of these provinces or otherwise have a close connection with it to become familiar with these abbreviations. For me, living in Italy, they are incomprehensible and although having read them here now, if they crop up again in future I will probably have to ask again for an explanation. 

BKK I know as the airport code for Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok and I am familiar with Ubon, Udon and Korat, which I have heard come up in conversation during my visits to Thailand, but the others mean nothing to me and I am not in the mood to memorise the various abbreviations invented by members of this forum for the 76 provinces currently existing and future ones to come.

On my part, I shall continue to write my posts in a manner that they will hopefully be understood easily by a wide majority of readers, wherever in the world they may live.

Edited by Puccini

2 hours ago, Puccini said:

I guess one has to live in one of these provinces or otherwise have a close connection with it to become familiar with these abbreviations. For me, living in Italy, they are incomprehensible and although having read them here now, if they crop up again in future I will probably have to ask again for an explanation. 

BKK I know as the airport code for Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok and I am familiar with Ubon, Udon and Korat, which I have heard come up in conversation during my visits to Thailand, but the others mean nothing to me and I am not in the mood to memorise the various abbreviations invented by members of this forum for the 76 provinces currently existing and future ones to come.

On my part, I shall continue to write my posts in a manner that they will hopefully be understood easily by a wide majority of readers, wherever in the world they may live.

Italy ... nuff said