Trump Harris: Who won the debate ?

CharlieH

I believe Trump is 78?  I wonder how many participating in this thread are roughly that age.

I have a lot of experience of public speaking and am in that age group, but I have to confess that doing what Trump does day after day would be well beyond me (even though I am in reasonably good shape).

I look at news clips of Trump as he sweats through all these rallies in states where the temperatures are violently high, and I suspect that he is barely hanging in there.  If he makes it to Nov 5 without a serious health setback,  he will have  gone some way to allaying ideas that some have regarding his physical fitness for high office.

As for the debate, it was clear that while Trump rambled all over the place, he was at least a fallible human being, while the Harris woman is an empty vessel spouting "lines" that have been fed into her from the Democrat machine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, blazes said:

I believe Trump is 78?  I wonder how many participating in this thread are roughly that age.

I have a lot of experience of public speaking and am in that age group, but I have to confess that doing what Trump does day after day would be well beyond me (even though I am in reasonably good shape).

I look at news clips of Trump as he sweats through all these rallies in states where the temperatures are violently high, and I suspect that he is barely hanging in there.  If he makes it to Nov 5 without a serious health setback,  he will have  gone some way to allaying ideas that some have regarding his physical fitness for high office.

As for the debate, it was clear that while Trump rambled all over the place, he was at least a fallible human being, while the Harris woman is an empty vessel spouting "lines" that have been fed into her from the Democrat machine.

That’s only the half of it.

He’s most nights ranting on his failed social media network.

Oh and you missed his health problems, they were on full display and confirmed when he opened his mouth.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

should that not be classed as interfering in the election?

Didn't take you long to get your facts wrong. First of all, Taylor Swift's audience isn't composed much of tweens or teenagers. If you actually listened to her music you would know it's not aimed at them.

you listen then?

Given that few tweens or teens constitute her huge fanbase,  would you expect it to be different?

What exactly is your point?

1 hour ago, illisdean said:

good, be a fool, vote for her (kamala, the one that got zero votes in any primary) as illegal migration runs amok in your community.

First, it would seem the irony of Vance statement escaped you.  What person is always claiming to be a billionaire celebrity, in fact so much a 'star' that he claims women let him grab them by [what he claims Haitian immigrants are eating]? That 'billionaire celebrity' seems to have influence among society's losers and forlorn, racists and misogynists, the poorly educated, aging white male curmudgeons, and people who hate democracy and the principles upon which the US was founded/set in motion toward.

Second, @placeholder noted the instant influence Taylor Swift's endorsement had, which was a massive increase in voter registration.

Third, do you have current figures on all the 'illegals' running amok in our neighborhoods? It seems border crossings are actually down, though they would be down much farther if a certain someone hadn't told the SotH to quash the border Bill written by (R) Senator Lankford.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Martha Stewart Just Quietly Made a Rare Presidential Endorsement

https://www.yahoo.com/news/martha-stewart-just-quietly-made-145032580.html

I don't think these endorsements are important. The one from Swift was due to her voter registration link, gigantic following plus the earlier false claim from trump about her endorsement.

But in general, not important.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I don't think these endorsements are important. The one from Swift was due to her voter registration link, gigantic following plus the earlier false claim from trump about her endorsement.

She has an axe to grind, as she claims her competing show had an agreement with Trump, which he broke by not discontinuing his version of the Aprentice.

30 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

She has an axe to grind, as she claims her competing show had an agreement with Trump, which he broke by not discontinuing his version of the Aprentice.

So? Doesn't mean her endorsement is valuable.

23 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, but she's not posting here. In general, celebrity endorsements are imo not very important.

I agee, probably no on cares of a celebrity endorsement. Poasted as an antodote and nothing more.

The Swift endorsement i do beieve has impact on this election in 2024

Edited by earlinclaifornia

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

32 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Apart from Taylor Swift…..who some on here are claiming the impact is so great it could be considered election interference…….!!!!

13 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I agee, probably no on cares of a celebrity endorsement. Poasted as an antodote and nothing more.

The Swift endorsement i do beieve has impact on this election in 2024

Agreed, see my earlier post as quoted here.

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

Given that few tweens or teens constitute her huge fanbase,  would you expect it to be different?

What exactly is your point?

that you have never listened to a taylor swift song in your life or could not name 1 without the assistance  of google, yet suddenly you n will be good are her staunchest fans

• Haha 1