Foreigner Steals Taxi While High on Cannabis, Crashes into Lamp Post

webfact

8 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Visibly intoxicated is usually a term used for one being drunk. Noticing a person high on weed isn't that easy until they talk. Might have been stoned but also drunk. Those that never used weed have little idea what it does or how a person acts unless they are around them often. Weed doesn't make a person crash into lampposts.

It reduces your reaction time and causes sleepiness, peripheral vision is also impaired, mix that with alcohol and you're an accident on two legs, let alone fpour wheels.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Then scroll on past it if you struggle to read more than 2 lines.

Again, scroll on past instead of through.

I know.. but your evident absence of sociophonetic grace and lack of punctuation reads otherwise !!!...     

And remember - I don't argue with idiots and have given you too much time already... 

Stick with the discussion or keep scrolling.

Dr. Your getting a severe drama Queen alert!

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, CallumWK said:

Car crashes involving weed were serious

Weed isn't even close to DUI.

You don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Even ChatGPT got more sense than you.

Cannabis is considered safer per mile driven than alcohol based on several factors related to how the two substances impair cognitive and motor functions differently.

1. Impairment levels: Alcohol significantly affects reaction times, decision-making, coordination, and judgment, which are all crucial for driving. It tends to make people more reckless and overconfident. In contrast, cannabis can impair reaction time and short-term memory, but users are generally more aware of their impairment and tend to compensate by driving more cautiously, such as driving slower or maintaining more distance from other vehicles.

2. Crash risk: Studies show that alcohol dramatically increases the risk of a car accident, especially as blood alcohol content (BAC) rises. With cannabis, while there is some increase in crash risk, the rise is not as steep as with alcohol. Moderate cannabis use, particularly at lower doses, is associated with a smaller increase in crash risk compared to the same level of impairment from alcohol.

3. Behavioral differences: Cannabis users tend to exhibit different driving behaviors compared to alcohol users. People under the influence of cannabis are more likely to avoid risky behaviors like speeding, whereas alcohol intoxication often leads to aggressive or dangerous driving.

4. Dose and impairment correlation: The correlation between dose and impairment is more linear with alcohol, meaning as blood alcohol concentration increases, impairment increases proportionally. For cannabis, impairment levels do not rise as predictably with dose, and some users develop a higher tolerance, mitigating the level of impairment.

However, both substances impair driving ability, and the safest course is to avoid driving under the influence of either. These points highlight why cannabis may be seen as less risky per mile driven, but it doesn't negate the dangers associated with cannabis-imp

aired driving.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Weed isn't even close to DUI.

You don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Even ChatGPT got more sense than you.

Cannabis is considered safer per mile driven than alcohol based on several factors related to how the two substances impair cognitive and motor functions differently.

1. Impairment levels: Alcohol significantly affects reaction times, decision-making, coordination, and judgment, which are all crucial for driving. It tends to make people more reckless and overconfident. In contrast, cannabis can impair reaction time and short-term memory, but users are generally more aware of their impairment and tend to compensate by driving more cautiously, such as driving slower or maintaining more distance from other vehicles.

2. Crash risk: Studies show that alcohol dramatically increases the risk of a car accident, especially as blood alcohol content (BAC) rises. With cannabis, while there is some increase in crash risk, the rise is not as steep as with alcohol. Moderate cannabis use, particularly at lower doses, is associated with a smaller increase in crash risk compared to the same level of impairment from alcohol.

3. Behavioral differences: Cannabis users tend to exhibit different driving behaviors compared to alcohol users. People under the influence of cannabis are more likely to avoid risky behaviors like speeding, whereas alcohol intoxication often leads to aggressive or dangerous driving.

4. Dose and impairment correlation: The correlation between dose and impairment is more linear with alcohol, meaning as blood alcohol concentration increases, impairment increases proportionally. For cannabis, impairment levels do not rise as predictably with dose, and some users develop a higher tolerance, mitigating the level of impairment.

However, both substances impair driving ability, and the safest course is to avoid driving under the influence of either. These points highlight why cannabis may be seen as less risky per mile driven, but it doesn't negate the dangers associated with cannabis-imp

aired driving.

So the links to credible sources I provided, and I have 20 more if you want, were all pure lies?

Clearly the pot has hit inside your head

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The problem with drug addicted is that they are in full denying and normalizing modus.

It begins with the softies and ends up with the hardies and or overdoses to trigger the sensations.

Nowadays most traffic accidents with runners are caused by doped. Worst crimes are caused by doped.

A few days ago in my country a drug addicted murdered his wife and nine year old child. When he recovered he told that he didn’t remember anything.

Many pothead tourists come to Thailand because it is easy to get and cheap. 

So I think a responsible country doesn’t need these dangerous and financial uninteresting kind of tourists.

In my country the traffic accidents due to drug abuse have doubled. Probably also because the testing is more frequent and accurate nowadays.

Alcohol makes you impetuous excited exuberant and of course unable to drive. When you have too much you get sick and if you are not an alcoholic it is just an occasional happening. Potheads on the contrary needs their regular daily doses, they simply cannot stop it. They need more and more and stronger and stronger drugs to get high. They are trapped in a vicious spiral ending in craziness

• Confused 1

You have to smile at all the deniers and obvious users of whatever drug sucks their boat. They say anything to make everyone believe that drugs are good and 'safe' to use.

Maybe they should just own up to addiction, look closely at themselves and admit that their little lives are ruled by whatever drugs they take.

Let's face it - they can't live without it!

Yes, It's called addiction!

Never taken them - never needed to in 80 years. 

But I can enjoy an occasional gin & Tonic, or a beer, or a glass of wine now and again, without feeling the need to steal a taxi!

All I have to do is sit back, and patiently wait for the deniers to tell me all about alcohol being  'just another drug'.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Legalising weed in Thailand, what could possibly go wrong?

Already legal in much of the western world.  What went wrong exactly?  Drunks and extended bar opening hours cause far more problems. 

Edited by shdmn
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

So, both of you think it impossible that someone consumes Marijuana and gets sufficiently high to do something as stupid as seeing a running car and thinking they'll go for a spin ????

Only if they're a very stupid person in the first place. Weed doesn't control you...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bundooman said:

You have to smile at all the deniers and obvious users of whatever drug sucks their boat. They say anything to make everyone believe that drugs are good and 'safe' to use.

Maybe they should just own up to addiction, look closely at themselves and admit that their little lives are ruled by whatever drugs they take.

Let's face it - they can't live without it!

Yes, It's called addiction!

Never taken them - never needed to in 80 years. 

But I can enjoy an occasional gin & Tonic, or a beer, or a glass of wine now and again, without feeling the need to steal a taxi!

All I have to do is sit back, and patiently wait for the deniers to tell me all about alcohol being  'just another drug'.

All drugs, including alcohol, can change the moods and actions of those taking them. Some more than others and some are prone to violence because of them. All drugs include prescription drugs, which actually kill more people yearly than many other illegal drugs do. This is from doctors who don't really care enough about their patients to keep a close eye on them and how they affect their lives and bodies.

I wouldn't think weed is considered totally "safe" to use, even among all the users worldwide like myself that use it daily or infrequently. Cigarettes, which are legal, kill people by the thousands yearly, and do affect moods in many. Alcohol of course kills thousands also, including in most of the fatal car accidents. Using weed occasionally isn't an addiction, nor is alcohol the same way. What others along with myself here are saying is that this man was obviously on something other than just the weed he admitted to,and or is already suffering from a mental illness, because being high on weed doesn't make people do such irrational things. Alcohol yes, along with just being someone already ":out there".

Again, we are only talking about weed and not other more dangerous drugs. Marijuana has proven to have it's worth, especially among cancer patients and those with ongoing pain, and I know many people again, who use it almost daily and aren't having any problems either in their careers, driving or inter relational. In fact it helps some of them cope with stress, which is a lot worse for everyone than just having a doobie now and then.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, still kicking said:

You get done for that in Germany

Also for the double parking, blocking traffic which usually comes along with the engine running! (Another good one is putting on the hazard lights... an admission of guilt ae clear as day!)

• Agree 1