Advice me on car window tint

42 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Because he thinks it looks......cool 😂

I have a BLK truck , sick of boring white , yeah it’s tough to maintain but it does look Cool , my condo building parking is incredible  and spacious, I  use the bike most days 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, novacova said:

None on the windscreen and front doors, high visibility is an imperative. 35 for the rear. The vehicle is going to get hot no matter what is done unless it’s setting in the shade, don’t need window film & have nothing to hide 

Then there is the UV damage caused to interiors. Must have tint all around with 100% UV protection. The shading is up to you!

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, jvs said:

Well mister arrogant if you have been living here for ten years then why do you need to ask about tint?

You already know it all!

I am certainly not a Sunday church driver but i have been living here for a few months already and most old timers on here know a person who was killed in traffic.

No need to talk you any further.

If you live here few months I don't take you seriously 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Pattaya420 said:

In Europe cops got special gear to measure how much light goes through.

They don't in Thailand. 

I'm not so sure about that... I recall stories a few years ago (around the year 2000) where people were checked and charged for having tint that was too strong. 

What surprised me most about such reports, is that such testing was not more frequent, the Police could make an absolute killing fining people with dark tint. 

Then there is this article from The Tiger (year 2000)... that discussing the 'tint law' - which was stated that tint blocking more than 40% light is illegal. 

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/Crackdown-tinted-glass-cars

T'was yet another announcment of a crackdown after which nothing happened !!! 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm not so sure about that... I recall stories a few years ago (around the year 2000) where people were checked and charged for having tint that was too strong. 

What surprised me most about such reports, is that such testing was not more frequent, the Police could make an absolute killing fining people with dark tint. 

Then there is this article from The Tiger (year 2000)... that discussing the 'tint law' - which was stated that tint blocking more than 40% light is illegal. 

Driving daily 10 years. Never stopped in a car apart going through checkpoints few times. Do u know most cops drive here scooters? How they going to check windows tints? Not to mention I can accept ticket so basically it's not my concern at all. Please think for urself and not what u read on fake news Thaiger who were saying THC is illegal when weed got approved..... 😁

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The AN search function is working much better since the forum upgrade, so I did a search on "window tint" and came up with a dozen or so threads, with probably 100 posts.  Several stories from guys who blamed their accidents on dark tinted windshields, and other guys whose GFs blamed their accidents on dark windows.  I believe them, since I actually removed the film from my windshield because I didn't feel safe driving at night.  I may have been able to replace it with a lighter tint, but no added tint didn't bother me at all.   The windshield and windows themselves had some tint to them, even without a film.

I didn't stick with the search diligently enough to find any posts about any popo crackdowns, but I recall some from the past.  I got to Thailand in 2011 so my personal memory only goes back that far...  And my brain leaks when I sleep so I may have forgotten even more.

Edited by impulse
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, impulse said:

The AN search function is working much better since the forum upgrade, so I did a search on "window tint" and came up with a dozen or so threads, with probably 100 posts.  Several stories from guys who blamed their accidents on dark tinted windshields, and other guys whose GFs blamed their accidents on dark windows.  I believe them, since I actually removed the film from my windshield because I didn't feel safe driving at night.  I may have been able to replace it with a lighter tint, but no added tint didn't bother me at all.   The windshield and windows themselves had some tint to them, even without a film.

I didn't stick with the search diligently enough to find any posts about any popo crackdowns, but I recall some from the past.  I got to Thailand in 2011 so my personal memory only goes back that far...  And my brain leaks when I sleep so I may have forgotten even more.

Mind most this drivers are seniors 60y old+

I am younger and with sharp eyes and mind.

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Lot of old croney butthurt whingers on this forum... many do not even live here.

Ignore them.

Yeh and they think everyone here is old with impaired vision.

I just trying explain not everyone is, so there's different factors to it. 

And yeh that's what I noticed after making this post 📯 

Edited by Pattaya420

On 9/12/2024 at 3:35 PM, 4MyEgo said:

I had a dealer put tint on for me on my new car, 6 months later I had a mole removed from my face which wasn't there before.

The doctor advised me to check the tint and if it wasn't UV, to get it removed and replaced with UV tint which I did.

Even though the majority of UVB and UVA light (over 90% and 70%, respectively) is blocked by car window glass.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Pattaya420 said:

Yeh and they think everyone here is old with impaired vision.

I just trying explain not everyone is, so there's different factors to it. 

And yeh that's what I noticed after making this post 📯 

They just like to whinge about what they feel is not ok in their own little bubble.

The vision impairment is tunnel,  magnified by their own self pity and butthurt.... likely from spending too much time in their mom's basement in some cold arse country !

Edited by Ralf001
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

They just like to whinge about what they feel is not ok in their own little bubble.

The vision impairment is tunnel,  magnified by their own self pity and butthurt.... likely from spending too much time in their mom's basement in some cold arse country !

Couldn't say it better.

🏆 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Even though the majority of UVB and UVA light (over 90% and 70%, respectively) is blocked by car window glass.

Link.....

Here's just one for you, and there are plenty more it's no hard to find the confirmation...

"Windshields (laminated glass) block the majority of UVA radiation. Bernstein et al. found that windshields block 98% of the UVA radiation as measured by ELSEC® UV Monitor (Littlemore Scientific Engineering, Dorset, UK) (which measured 300- to 400-nm UV wavelength range) 31. Moehrle et al. looked at transmission of solar radiation through three different types of windshield glass, which were blue, green, and infrared reflective glass on a sunny day, in Germany during the month of July. For all types, only UV longer than 380 nm was transmitted as measured by spectrophotometry (280–390 nm) 32. Hampton et al. looked at a sample of vehicle glass that represented the type of glass used in vehicles in the UK; they found that the total amount of UVA transmission through laminated glass ranged from 0.6% to 9.7% depending on the color of the glass 33.

Side and back windows, which for most automobiles are made up of tempered glass, blocked almost all of the UVB radiation but only 21% of UVA radiation..." 

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/phpp.12022

https://www.skincancer.org/blog/surprising-danger-planes-trains-automobiles/#:~:text=While glass blocks UVB rays,sunlight shining through the glass.

"Laminated glass is made from laminated plastic between two layers of glass, which is known to block 98–99% of all UV light".

https://www.wearshade.com/articles/uv-radiation-through-windows#:~:text=Laminated glass is made from,front side of your face.