Man Attacks Store Owner with Iron Pipe in Samut Prakan

webfact

S__86065203_0.jpg

BANGKOK - September 13th, police officers from Mueang Samut Prakan Station, together with rescue teams from Samut Prakan Hospital and Ruam Kuson Samut Prakan Foundation, responded to an assault in front of a grocery store on the main path of Soi Tai Baan 17, Tai Baan Subdistrict, Mueang District, Samut Prakan.

At the scene, Ms. Muey (surname withheld), aged 63 and the store owner, was found unconscious with a head injury and a severe laceration behind her ear, bleeding profusely. The responders provided initial first aid before she was transported to Samut Prakan Hospital. A blood-stained metal pipe was also found at the scene.

The perpetrator was identified as Mr. Suthep, also known as Tom (surname withheld), aged 33, who is the nephew of the injured woman.

After attacking his aunt with the pipe, Mr. Suthep attempted to flee but was apprehended by nearby residents. Mr. Suthep's statements were incoherent, resembling someone under the influence of drugs, so the authorities took him to the police station to calm down before proceeding with the legal investigation.

S__86065224.jpg

Picture courtesy: Daily News

Further background checks revealed Mr. Suthep had a history of drug involvement and was recently released from prison for theft just 2-3 days prior. He also had a history of psychiatric treatment.

At the time of the incident, Ms. Muey was watching television in front of her store when Mr. Suthep suddenly struck her with the pipe, rendering her unconscious. Nearby residents promptly surrounded and caught him, then handed him over to the police.

TOP Picture courtesy: Daily News

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-13

news-footer-3.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Further background checks revealed Mr. Suthep had a history of drug involvement and was recently released from prison for theft just 2-3 days prior. He also had a history of psychiatric treatment.

say no more .... :coffee1:    another nutter on the lose

Once again, it´s in the family. Before I settled in Thailand, I got to hear how much value Thai people put on family and how strong the relations are and that they all have the deepest respect for each other. It took me 2 weeks to figure out that was a fluffy cloud.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Further background checks revealed Mr. Suthep had a history of drug involvement and was recently released from prison for theft just 2-3 days prior. He also had a history of psychiatric treatment

About turn, back to jail for you.

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Once again, it´s in the family. Before I settled in Thailand, I got to hear how much value Thai people put on family and how strong the relations are and that they all have the deepest respect for each other. It took me 2 weeks to figure out that was a fluffy cloud.

What did you do with the other 13 days?

• Haha 1