No Honey No Money

Chris Daley

1 hour ago, Chadnik said:

I stopped looking for that at 30. Have that convo with yer mates. Women in home country not any deeper you just share a language

Yet, Thai women are interested in outside culture, architecture, food, travel.

Drop all that crap and have fun.

That's indeed what I'm doing.

I greatly appreciate Thai women and the fun side they bring to the table.

• Thumbs Up 1

I must say and sorry for yet another post. Thai women are stunning. I just enjoy being out in central Bangkok and taking in all the beauties. Especially with upswing in skincare, aesthetic and douyin make up style .. now Thai women have their own competitive beauty style to much the Koreans and Japanese. As for 35+ there are boatloads of stunners. As I age I'm noticing older women more now and see many women I'd bag .. maybe not gf, defo not marry, but well into 40-50s. Some real 40+ hunnies on TikTok.

I've been around the region and no other women are so pretty, well put together. Singapore Chinese usually mid. Taiwanese ok.. Myanmar women are lovely but different vibe. For me young Viet women are dynamite.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chadnik said:

I can very much trust my wife with my money, around my family, carry herself in public. Most of all she's never, ever angry or upset with me. Totally chill. Shes a cheap date and also concerned about our expenses and my personal purchases.

Same with my partner thankfully. She occasionally splurges on the lotions and potions she buys to keep herself looking youthful (in her mind 555). Some of them I think are ridiculously expensive but I might spend the same amount on a big night out so can't really complain.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

True enough, Thai women stay younger looking for longer, but then it all comes at once.

There is a great choice for relationships, but the pitfalls are huge, there are some real criminals out there. But that does not mean you should settle for a 50 year old who does the washing up either.  If you go the relationship route it should be someone with whom you connect on many levels, who you really like to be with and who enriches your life. 

If you wake up next to her and think "My God, that face is a shocker"...that's not a recipe for happiness in my kitchen.

Yes but this depends on who you are, many do not care about this aspect of the couple that they only ask to be served at the table, while others desire other more intellectual aspects even if the difference in vision can be very different for our different origins, that can be stimulating but also presents risks of mutual incomprehension, and before venturing on this path it is good to know the Thai vision on many aspects that can be very incomprehensible for us, both in the religious and social aspect.

I believe that if you are lucky enough to have an intelligent person in an emotional relationship it could be wise not to want to impose yourself with your own ideas or concepts but to respect the visions of others to find a good harmony in the couple's relationships, after all having other visions to evaluate or discover are an enrichment to your own vision.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BE88 said:

Yes but this depends on who you are, many do not care about this aspect of the couple that they only ask to be served at the table, while others desire other more intellectual aspects even if the difference in vision can be very different for our different origins, that can be stimulating but also presents risks of mutual incomprehension, and before venturing on this path it is good to know the Thai vision on many aspects that can be very incomprehensible for us, both in the religious and social aspect.

I believe that if you are lucky enough to have an intelligent person in an emotional relationship it could be wise not to want to impose yourself with your own ideas or concepts but to respect the visions of others to find a good harmony in the couple's relationships, after all having other visions to evaluate or discover are an enrichment to your own vision.

Oh absolutely, it's highly subjective, I'm just giving my perspective, there will be people for whom emotional connection, domestic service, intellectual connection is more important and  of course good luck to them. I could not agree more that the empathy for the Thai perspective is very valuable.

And all women I have been with have enriched my understanding and experiences, so again, could not agree more.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

When your girlfriend starts to get a bit ropey, do you think you will trade her in for a new model?  That's the deal right.  Money for honey?  Last time I checked my money hasn't changed in value.

If it's purely financial and she genuinely says "You pay me or I go!", then I guess you might think about that when she starts to get less attractive, if you think your money can get you more.

If it isn't a purely financial arrangement, then it depends how attached you are to her and what you think of the commitment you made to her (and what assets you stand to lose).  You might want to think about kids, mutual friends, lifestyle, etc. also.

It's likely that most women would be playing some form of long game, or, if charging by the month, they would expect a much higher price.  They're not stupid.  You give them the money now, or they are guaranteed the money when you die.

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

If it's purely financial and she genuinely says "You pay me or I go!", then I guess you might think about that when she starts to get less attractive, if you think your money can get you more.

If it isn't a purely financial arrangement, then it depends how attached you are to her and what you think of the commitment you made to her (and what assets you stand to lose).  You might want to think about kids, mutual friends, lifestyle, etc. also.

It's likely that most women would be playing some form of long game, or, if charging by the month, they would expect a much higher price.  They're not stupid.  You give them the money now, or they are guaranteed the money when you die.

When I get continual questions about "what do you do? etc, I just don't answer. Telling anyone about your finances is a mistake unless you are alreadt in a committed relationship (years). You can't play a long game if you don't know what winning means.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

When I get continual questions about "what do you do? etc, I just don't answer. Telling anyone about your finances is a mistake unless you are alreadt in a committed relationship (years). You can't play a long game if you don't know what winning means.

But be realistic. Though I agree a bit you've got to sell yourself a bit at some point to seal the deal with some girls - who may not be total gold diggers but simply after a secure relationship and secure future. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

But be realistic. Though I agree a bit you've got to sell yourself a bit at some point to seal the deal with some girls - who may not be total gold diggers but simply after a secure relationship and secure future. 

If you're using money as a bargaining chip that's not a secure relationship. You can run out of money. You can also have loads, but never enough.

The world is full of grey areas, however. Many people need to compromise and use the cards they have been dealt.

Time waits for no man...

The chance to propagate your genes can be based on luck or skill and if you get that lucky break, why not take advantage of it?

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Even though my wife is very smart, I do not get much intellectual stimulation from the relationship.

Part of breaking free from the Liberal West and Feminism is understanding the role of the sexes and leaving things like intellectual stimulation and friendship for men. The major reason relationships are failing is because women are trying to impose on male spaces and weak beta men are giving in to them instead of keeping both sides in their place.

Not only will women walk all over you if you let them they're insert themselves where they're not needed and compete you with in areas where they have no business being. Thai women have been much more accommodating in this regard which is why they're easier to deal with for me.

• Sad 3
  • Agree 2

Been with my wife nine years now, as a friend and married. I still marvel that she agreed to marry me. I am not a “catch”,  I think. I have an okay income for Thailand, but far from hiso.

I have also become a bit disabled, but she takes adequate care of me, though she frets lest I become more so as she is tiny and I am not.

She says I have a good heart. In my poor way I will always try to do my best for her.

I have a pretty and pretty game partner.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

I agree with much of what you said, but Thai women can be incredibly combative, too.

But at least arguing with an intellectual with your own culture you might be able to reason with her.

Try arguing with a buffalo from another culture.  It just becomes: I am Thai, I know. You are farang, you don't know. 

And that is part of the qualification process. You spend alot of time with up front, to determine what she is made of, and if she deserves your attention and devotion. And the moment you see she is combative, neurotic, very jealous, immature, or difficult, you run for the hills.

Unless you want all that and need the drama. I know some men who would not know what to do with harmony. 

Edited by spidermike007

16 hours ago, Cameroni said:

That's how I see it as well, the only downside to convos with friends, is that you don't live with friends 24/7 but with the girl. Would be nice if she could also talk about philosophy, but if that is the case, indeed  they then do bring their own problems into the relationship.

The worst is the physical deterioration, from age 50 the face of a woman will look quite different to when she was 24. You really do need to decide if you can wake up to that day in day out. 

That is part of the process. Mine is getting older, but I still find her beautiful, and there is so much more than just the sex, these days. The history, the familiarity, the mutual support, the kindness, her humor and affection. The list goes on. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Part of breaking free from the Liberal West and Feminism is understanding the role of the sexes and leaving things like intellectual stimulation and friendship for men. The major reason relationships are failing is because women are trying to impose on male spaces and weak beta men are giving in to them instead of keeping both sides in their place.

Not only will women walk all over you if you let them they're insert themselves where they're not needed and compete you with in areas where they have no business being. Thai women have been much more accommodating in this regard which is why they're easier to deal with for me.

Totally agree. I think a large part of the equation is the erosion of femininity in the west. It has gotten so bad, that masculinity is now considered toxic. This is an existential threat to civilization, no doubt. It is me-too, and uber-feminism that has been the real nuclear bomb to relationships and a woman's ability to express herself, have sex freely, date normally, manifest the incredible dignity within femininity, and relate to men, in a healthy manner. It seems to contribute to an extremely unfulfilled female gender, and has resulted in making life very difficult for most men in the West. With Covid, things got even worse than before. A real life Zombieland. Thankfully, little of that toxic nonsense has reached the shores of Thailand. Women here seem to intuitively know how powerful their innate femininity is, and they use it to the fullest. I am very thankful for that. I think many have simply rejected alot of mind numbingly wrong headed Western notions, that women are saddled with. 

The most important aspect of this, that most Western women cannot see, nor understand, is that most Asian women are very comfortable manifesting the dignity and beauty within femininity.

For most men, that is incredibly appealing, and a hugely refreshing change from what they have become used to, and learned to tolerate.

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

No Honey No Money

You have it mixed up. It is no money, no honey.

If you have no honey, usually you have more money. 

I thought it was "No Money, No Honey" for the man's side, ie if you have no money hard to get honey. 

And so "No Honey, No Money" would mean if the woman stops providing the honey, the man stops providing the money.