Budget Room in Pattaya

Southsealad

My Grandson is coming to Thailand 30 September to 21 October and wants to stay in Pattaya.   I have no knowledge of Pattaya and room costs and would welcome some help in finding a budget room for him.  I saw a video on You Tube this week where a Brit said he had found a room in Katsiree House for £6 a night, but when I looked at the website it was about 800 baht nightly.

I am unable to give him the money for a room because my pension just about covers my own living costs, my state pension having been frozen since 2010.

I would appreciate any guidance on rooms with in the range of £6 to £9 per night that I could pass on to him.

Thank you

15 minutes ago, Southsealad said:

My Grandson is coming to Thailand 30 September to 21 October and wants to stay in Pattaya.   I have no knowledge of Pattaya and room costs and would welcome some help in finding a budget room for him.  I saw a video on You Tube this week where a Brit said he had found a room in Katsiree House for £6 a night, but when I looked at the website it was about 800 baht nightly.

I am unable to give him the money for a room because my pension just about covers my own living costs, my state pension having been frozen since 2010.

I would appreciate any guidance on rooms with in the range of £6 to £9 per night that I could pass on to him.

Thank you

First thing, ask mods to shift  this to Pattaya Forum. Second thought, you wont find that rate on .inet andthai style rooms longer term are 3k bht monthly( +-)

19 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Just search hotels or fan rooms in and around Soi buakhao.  Many for 500 b or less

2 hours ago, Southsealad said:

Thank you

Google is your friend: Agoda | Hotels in Pattaya | Best Price Guarantee!

If you search on Booking.com, you can find prices for the total time from 7 500 - 10 000 baht. That should be considered very cheap.

Thank you

Your grandson shouldn't be coming to Pattaya if he can't afford a half decent room for himself. 

Just give him 300 Baht a day beer money and let him learn how to Google.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Southsealad said:

Thank you

Look at short term monthly: https://www.renthub.in.th/en/short-term-rental/pattaya Daily at those prices will likely be dire. 265 to 395 baht per day.

You can find short term for as little as 4,000 baht monthly. Electricity will be charged separately and as such, a deposit will be taken.

• Thanks 1

I'd advice not to lock in long rental until he checks out the area, place, security and noise.

Hostels are worst, you never can leave anything there! Or maybe only if they have steel lockers and you got your own lock.

If he uses agents he should only pay for couple of night and then, if he likes it, make a deal direct with the owner. 

I've saved thousands on USD doing that during years. It works 90% time if the owner is Thai.

Later if/when I return I get same deal directly.