Getting back from NongKhai to BKK

Stevey

As I write I’m on a bus to Udon. 

Red lights are counting down from 116secs. We left the house after packing and putting the bikes safe etc. Got on her sisters Honda Wave 125i and set off for Phonphisai. Normally so far another one of her family is always tagging along because they need to go to town or last time when it was really hot her dad would let her drive the car back cause she kept pranging it. So this time I said it just us. We got to the Yamaha bike shop lights at before 17:00 where we were informed all buses to Udon were finished , Sunday. So i ended up luckily getting a big coach to NongKhai to get a mini bus to udon. It’s cutting it fine but has to do the same last time coz i missed the last bus but that was 1730. 

The bus from NongKhai turned out to be slow and were crawling down the NK to UD highway and have stopped once already to wait for non existent passengers. Maybe this is the time my luck has finally run out. It’s 18:37 and flight leaves 19:40 so unless we’re closer that I think I’ve got no chance. Gonna have to try and book another late flight now enroute

Ok so when the slowest bus from hell/ NK arrives at the PTT station left side and it was 19:00 , flight leaves 19:40 I jump off when it stops to let off one of those girls whose wearing a back pack, you’ve seen them. I call the driver a <deleted> and ask him if he could have gone slower. He didn’t kao Jai and I walked about in a panic looking for anyone who looked like a Moto Taxi, that’s basically anyone with a motorcycle. I walk up a  set of noodle stand begging for mercy then ideas. The main noodle woman appears to be summoning a taxi of some sort but after a crucial 7 mins she looks at me like what do you want to eat ? I walk away and challenge two lanky guys just getting on a Yamaha Xmax 300 as to why they couldn’t get me to the Airport for a cool 500baht. “Mee Tulah“ was the response “ busy “ … young people !!! So I walk on and see an old guy. Go to the airport 500baht ? 500 baht ? He replies. 500baht I say. Let’s go he says and we get in Suv. We go through my life story on the ride and he reveals he’s a police man which appeared correct as the security on entry to the airport stop checks saw something on his van that made them step back as he stopped and off we went we pulled up at the departure end off the drop off so couldn’t. Of asked for more. Thanks and 500baht were parted with and I ran in to the Thai lion check in Me: “ big problems “ Them: Doors on Aircraft close already sir, try Air Asia “ And looked away , our beautiful relationship now over as although i had paid the niceness was at an end early as I wasn’t going to the next step, checking in. 

Next to Thai lion desk is Air Asia. They must be full cos they didn’t come up in the Trip.com App, no one did. “ where you going Sir ? “ . “ Bangkok “ .” 20:30 sir “ 

I’m on it now and it’s 20:20. 

I think the moral of the story is to do exactly I did but purchase an expensive fully flexible ticket that you can cancel if you manage to get to the one you booked first. 

So I arrive at Don Mueang and loiter a bit. Picked up a couple of small bottles LaoKao and a 3 big beers cans from a shop in the aDon Mueang airport and get the shuttle to Swampy. Checked in my bag with the LaoKao and make my way down to the magic Food court on Level 1 and have a couple of beers and some different meals. As I’m a experienced traveller I have another check of my boarding pass for the Gate close time which says 01:15am I look at my phone and see that give me 15mins to get from level 1 to 4 up the elevator thru security check , passport out of Thailand and all the way to gate 4. 

Made it with 2 minutes to go. What a ฟanker. 

There should be more time from check in until the gate closes for you to enjoy the airport experience. 

If I was travelling from Nong Khai on public transport to Bangkok, I'd be leaving the day before and spending the night in town or at least hire a taxi/van to take you there direct.

You seem to be blaming everyone else other than yourself.