What is a good sandwich filler? except cheese or ham

scubascuba3

13 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Why please explain.......:coffee1:

There was a question in my head when I heard making sandwich more healthy - was... what type of bread is being used, how much bread are you eating in your sandwich(es)... what type of spread are you putting on, are you adding extra salt (which if you are worried about salt in ham - would be strange)...  What type of ham are you worried about, etc.   In the end it comes down to not just the filling, but the entire package...  Are worried about having one sandwich every once in a while... or is it your go-to meal...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Processed food like ham is widely known to be unhealthy, cheese will make you fat, depends how much you eat of course, now and again of both is fine

All food will make you fat if you eat to much, I eat New Zealand Chesse with no animal rennet, I buy 3 kg at a time from Makro lasts me months.

1 minute ago, jaideedave said:

555 From the Dexter series?

Cucumber sandwich. Peeled and sliced and be generous with the cream cheese. Keep refrigerated.Can't be that bad for you. 

not that delicious either

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

There was a question in my head when I heard making sandwich more healthy - was... what type of bread is being used, how much bread are you eating in your sandwich(es)... what type of spread are you putting on, are you adding extra salt (which if you are worried about salt in ham - would be strange)...  What type of ham are you worried about, etc.   In the end it comes down to not just the filling, but the entire package...  Are worried about having one sandwich every once in a while... or is it your go-to meal...

Use wholemeal brown bread, preferably sourdough.  Usually, I assume that means making your own.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

All food will make you fat if you eat to much, I eat New Zealand Chesse with no animal rennet, I buy 3 kg at a time from Makro lasts me months.

eating 3kg cheese are you overweight? because cheese is nice you can end up eating it all the time, i appreciate hardly anyone on AN admits to being overweight. What's your LDL?

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Best to avoid mayo as well, this is  a healthy thread

I don't sit and eat a whole jar of it, what is unhealthy about mayo ? going by you I wouldn't eat anything and starve to death, I've made it to 73 by eating food I enjoy and have never been over 65 kilos. In fact I have had Chesse sandwiches almost everyday of my life since I can remember. Cheese and Marmalade is also nice. Edit And I also smoke and drink beer. 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Love It 1