What is a good sandwich filler? except cheese or ham

scubascuba3

9 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I have been known to make a grilled chicken, brown sauce, havarti, and tomato sandwich. 

9 hours ago, jippytum said:

Cumberland sausage with fried onions and brown sauce

8 hours ago, nikmar said:

bacon

pie

8 hours ago, Dan O said:

Shredded Roasted pork or chicken with coleslaw or thai salad. 

7 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Bacon Egg and Black Pudding + HP 

Above we have 5 of the members that missed the healthy part in this thread.

Edited by Gottfrid

34 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

And above we have a troll. Whats unhealthy about pork or chicken and veggies ? Not up to you standards porkie?

• Haha 1

Hummus.  I really like hummus, especially the varieties that can include roast peppers or eggplant. It is "fattening", but very filling. No need for any condiments since good hummus will be moist. For some added crunch I will put  lettuce leaves or  bell pepper slices in it. I often do it as a wrap, using the high protein thin wraps that Tops has. 

Just now, alex8912 said:

Sliced roast beef ( at Foodland) lettuce , tomato , mayo and spicy mustard on wheat. I wish I could find sliced turkey breast . It disappeared from foodland 4/5 years ago. 

Villa Market in Pattaya sells sliced turkey breast and very nice it is too.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Healthy part - is not eating 2+ sandwiches (or eating sandwiches often)... Havarti - the most 'expensive' part is around 70 calories per slice...   A single slice of 'sandwich' 'bread' is 80 calories, tablespoon of butter is 100+ calories....   And a sandwich is not generally the most filling...  basically the premise is wrong that somehow only worrying about the filling is going to suddenly make it healthy.  Healthy is focusing on the overall diet, not just the filling in a sandwich.  Also a good walk after eating the sandwich would not hurt.

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Here ya goCan buy at Villa Market & Lotus and prob Big C and others. Enjoy and stay healthy. 👍

PSX_20240925_075858.thumb.png.bf24ddd0e16c902e10ca4c9cb707e48c.png

PSX_20240925_075507.png.6ed674efcec533e43f6fac1a7d7a3999.png

You are joking right ?   

How on earth are they allowed to use the word "cheddar" in connection to this abomination?  

"plant based" it may be,   but it will never be  cheddar or indeed  cheese ,      Like wise the other product  " meat zero "  WTF ?

Why is it that these vegan freaks and the unscrupulous companies that supply them with this junk  nearly always feel the need try to dress it up as the food normal people eat 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

CUCUMBER!

Nothing like a cucumber sandwich during either the Hot Season or the Raining Season.

image.png.1cee7a7be9aff140529d5790b8386264.png

Presumably served at around 3pm along with a cup of earl grey ?     Using only the best bone china of course.

By the way those have to be the tiniest sandwiches I have ever seen , and for gods sake where is the crust?  don't you want curly hair ?     seriously though  I won't be coming to your house for high  tea  unless you seriously buck your ideas up,    

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, johng said:

The highly processed junk is not healthy  but they are pushing it to "save us" from "climate change" :shock1:

Do you remember some years ago , Paul Mcartney's    missis   ( the one with the wooden leg)   was suggesting that we farm rats for their milk  for the very same reason.   I can't for the life of me understand why that  idea never caught on ...honest 

Fortunately the mad woman effectively lost her voice when he divorced her,   a sad end to the relationship but not unexpected,  The rot started to set in one christmas,    she had asked for her own private plane for christmas, Paul generous as usual attempted to indulge her , but she was not too impressed with the "black and decker"  he bought her:cheesy:

• Confused 1

I dont eat beef in Thailand very much as its tough with Thai beef, and expensive for imported. But the wife was out last night so I made up my steak sandwich with some fries. Some brown gravy and mushrooms and onions really added to it.  

1557342_10151843935696266_1333047338_o.jpg

9 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Healthy part - is not eating 2+ sandwiches (or eating sandwiches often)... Havarti - the most 'expensive' part is around 70 calories per slice...   A single slice of 'sandwich' 'bread' is 80 calories, tablespoon of butter is 100+ calories....   And a sandwich is not generally the most filling...  basically the premise is wrong that somehow only worrying about the filling is going to suddenly make it healthy.  Healthy is focusing on the overall diet, not just the filling in a sandwich.  Also a good walk after eating the sandwich would not hurt.

First, butter must be a part of filling, right? Take it away, as there are many other things you can use instead.

5 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

First, butter must be a part of filling, right? Take it away, as there are many other things you can use instead.

Now take away one slice of bread... and use real bread... and it will be a more healthy option.  (I would make my own bread, but then there is way too much bread - so I rarely eat bread...).

Edited by bkkcanuck8

13 hours ago, Dan O said:

And above we have a troll. Whats unhealthy about pork or chicken and veggies ? Not up to you standards porkie?

Hmmm..... was it troll or porkie? Now, little Dan O, you don´t get the right to just take out 3 ingredients from what I quoted and make it all out of context. That´s just shows stupid behavior, and difficulties to understand. Is that how we should look upon you Dan O?

Now we correct this:

In the first sandwich, there was brown sauce and havarti, and not only veggies and chicken.

In the second it was cumberland sausage, fried onions and brown sauce. Seems to me, nothing of that is very healthy.

In the third it was bacon, which is not the most healthy part of pork. A lot of fat!

In the fourth sandwich it was shredded roasted pork and a suggestion of coleslaw, which is a rather fat filling.

As for number five it was bacon, egg, black pudding and added HP sauce. If you see that as healthy, you might want the get your head examined.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, now we have the full story of what you quoted three ingredients from little Dan O. Directly we can see that it´s a totally different story. Now please refrain from making such stupid mistakes in the future. Just for your information, one of your three ingredients are not especially healthy, and that´s pork, as many take the fatter part of it as choice for sandwich filling. Have we cleared everything up now, and removed the clouds you tried to cover it with?

Edited by Gottfrid

20 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Now take away one slice of bread... and use real bread... and it will be a more healthy option.  (I would make my own bread, but then there is way too much bread - so I rarely eat bread...).

So, it would be too much bread, if you make your own???? Huh? Please spread some sense over that chapter, but only a thin layer as we try to stay healthy. 😉 

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

You are joking right ?   

Why is it that these vegan freaks and the unscrupulous companies that supply them with this junk  nearly always feel the need try to dress it up as the food normal people eat 

NO joke..you "normal people" consume rotting animal flesh and their bodily fluids and we're the "freaks":cheesy: :cheesy::cheesy:

1 hour ago, Yagoda said:

A Wigan Kebab. 

Traditionally that would be   Three pies on a knitting needle      

But do you know what the wigan term   " Babbies  Yed "    ( "baby's  head"  in real  english)  refers to ?       lol its a steak and kidney pudding !   I have never been able to eat one since I heard that

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

Traditionally that would be   Three pies on a knitting needle      

But do you know what the wigan term   " Babbies  Yed "    ( "baby's  head"  in real  english)  refers to ?       lol its a steak and kidney pudding !   I have never been able to eat one since I heard that

See I was told it was a barm spread with a layer of gravy, then mash, then a pie, then peas, the the barm. I made an ersatz one at VLT Bar here in Siem they have good pies.