Non- Citizen in Arizona says he was erroneously registered to vote after renewing his DL

riclag

15 hours ago, riclag said:

“The question is,How many more”?

Because of a data glitch that impacted nearly 98k voters.

abc affiliated source 6 minutes clip

Because less than qualified (lots of reasons, laziness #1)people fail to do their jobs in a professional manner.  This attitude and perfoirmance is the main reason so many citizens do not appreciate govt (all levels) employees!  That is my opinion anyway.  On top of that, whenever someone writes an online registration of any type, it should be all inclusive of necessary details.  If a driver's license is used for voter registration, then a citizenship question should be part of the online registration - 98K for sure in fault!  What a stupid error for no reason.  No wonder so many MAGAites believe all that Trump says be it

true or false.  And yes I am well aware, she is no better than him.  We the citizens will be the losers again!  That is my opinion too.

• Thanks 1

People used to take a pride in their work and in doing a good job - but that was before private equity got involved where all the guys at the top care about is money and their workers are just cogs in the wheel. 

Underpaid, overworked, managed by people who don't care as long as they've hit their sacred KPIs, is it any wonder there are mistakes? 

• Like 1

Much ado about nothing. The OP's MO it seems. Little boy crying wolf comes to mind.

Filthy Belgians coming to our great country and poisoning it.

Although incorrectly registered, this individual has never voted. Furthermore, all people who register to vote in Arizona swear under the penalty of perjury that they are a United States citizen.

Editor's note: An earlier video version of this story misstated the consequences for non-citizens registering to vote. When someone registers to vote, they have to affirm their U.S. citizenship under penalty of perjury. 

The man is speaking out after the Maricopa County Recorder's Office found last week that a 20-year-old computer coding error didn't report if 98,000 voters provided proof of citizenship when they registered. The man is concerned there could be more non-citizens registered to vote. 

According to the Arizona Secretary of State's office, most voters affected by the error are older and lean Republican. All received driver's licenses issued before 1996. The office provided a one-page explainer of the problem.

https://www.12news.com/article/news/politics/elections/decision-2024/non-citizen-living-in-arizona-renews-drivers-license-suddenly-registered-to-vote-in-maricopa-county/75-988ef4fb-39df-4d04-bfd0-8706dcaab7ca

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/25147529-azsos-external-one-pager

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Presnock said:

Because less than qualified (lots of reasons, laziness #1)people fail to do their jobs in a professional manner.  This attitude and perfoirmance is the main reason so many citizens do not appreciate govt (all levels) employees!  That is my opinion anyway.  On top of that, whenever someone writes an online registration of any type, it should be all inclusive of necessary details.  If a driver's license is used for voter registration, then a citizenship question should be part of the online registration - 98K for sure in fault!  What a stupid error for no reason.  No wonder so many MAGAites believe all that Trump says be it

true or false.  And yes I am well aware, she is no better than him.  We the citizens will be the losers again!  That is my opinion too.

Thanks for your opinion in recognition of the work ethics of government bureaucracy. No sarcasm intended !!!

On 9/25/2024 at 2:35 PM, riclag said:

“The question is,How many more”?

Because of a data glitch that impacted nearly 98k voters.

abc affiliated source 6 minutes clip

The quote was from the Nbc local affiliate anchor!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, rasg said:

I doubt it was a stupid error for no reason. The person who made the "error" knew exactly what they were doing.

They are allowing illegals to have driving licenses so they can swing the vote. How many illegals now? It's millions.

Where does it say that he is illegal? Or is that something that you made up on the spur of the moment?