Russian fined 5,000 baht after driving dangerously on Koh Samui - video

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Nissan Fairlady either 350Z or 370Z, not that expensive. 

From about NZ$14,000 (286k baht) to NZ$20,000 (400k baht). 

Quite a lot more money here than in NZ, USA, Canada, UK etc.

https://www.one2car.com/en/cars-for-sale/nissan/370z

Still nowhere near a "Supercar"  or "Luxury".   Ricemobile is what they call them where I come from.

A Thai friend of ours has one.  Was around 1.5 million baht.   It is slammed, with ridiculous camber settings, like 30 degrees or so.   I don't know how he drives it around on these roads.

• Love It 1

13 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

How can a russian at 30 afford a motor like this ?

Just because your life sailed by, does not mean others can´t be successful. However, most of the money from rich Russian comes from criminal activities and cryptocurrency

Edited by Gottfrid

1 hour ago, RonJr said:

That's actually a huge fine way more than a dwi for example is 2500 baht to get out of jail 

Please read the news and try understand. He was fined for not reporting change of color on his car. That´s a fine of 5 000 baht. They did not fine him for reckless driving, which they also should have done. Understand now!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stoner said:

i would say more like boulders rather than stones. any police from the west would have a nervous breakdown after 15 minutes of trying to police the roads in thailand.

i would take the drivers license away from a large portion of the population. that's just me though.  

I think I will agree with that. First I would re-vamp the driving school up to standards, though. As there is not much they need to do o get a license.

Yes absolutely no doubt the guy is a Knob and should be fined, license suspended etc.  However how is this different than 50% of Thai drivers, who by the way are the worst drivers in the world!

I don't see the boys in brown arresting car and bikes travelling the wrong way down the road, running red lights etc, etc, etc!!!

52 minutes ago, n8sail said:

Quite a lot more money here than in NZ, USA, Canada, UK etc.

https://www.one2car.com/en/cars-for-sale/nissan/370z

Still nowhere near a "Supercar"  or "Luxury".   Ricemobile is what they call them where I come from.

A Thai friend of ours has one.  Was around 1.5 million baht.   It is slammed, with ridiculous camber settings, like 30 degrees or so.   I don't know how he drives it around on these roads.

That is stupid money... but TiT. 

A very impractical car, but then I've got a KTM 690 SMC R back in NZ, and that's a very impractical motorbike.  Fun to ride but terrible on long trips. 

Same possibly applies to this car is it's hot those annoying fat arse pipes on it. 

• Like 1

Criminal and a lot more and never change. Russkies big heros outside their country but in Russia nothing but big sheep not a word of protest against their dictator Putin.

Next time 50,000 baht fine deportation straight to Ukraine and problem solved forever, dead within one month.

• Thanks 1

Russia and Ukraine are some of the most corrupt countries in the world, corruption is how the business is getting done there. They landed in good places, Samui and Phuket, guess which colour of envelope is the most loved here. From time to time a local files a complaint, the most likely outcome is an increase of the envelope size. Soon it will start looking like pre-Chinese Sihanoukville here, until they step on a big enough toe.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, he should have a bigger fine, as he was not fined for his driving. So, should even a lot of Thai drivers, and should definitely stop commenting on foreign drivers. Thats like throwing stones in glass house

Yes, he should have a bigger fine, because he is Russian! :shock1:

But his family name suggests that he is an Ukrainian. Ukrainians must be exempt of all fines. They are sacred people, victims of Russian aggression :coffee1:

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Russia and Ukraine are some of the most corrupt countries in the world, corruption is how the business is getting done there. They landed in good places, Samui and Phuket, guess which colour of envelope is the most loved here. From time to time a local files a complaint, the most likely outcome is an increase of the envelope size. Soon it will start looking like pre-Chinese Sihanoukville here, until they step on a big enough toe.

Yes, absolutely!

34 minutes ago, gearbox said:

FYI: international corruption index: now: russia 137, Ukraine 116 was 130( great improvement since the war) Thailand 101 Canada 14 out of 280 countries…

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Yes, he should have a bigger fine, because he is Russian! :shock1:

But his family name suggests that he is an Ukrainian. Ukrainians must be exempt of all fines. They are sacred people, victims of Russian aggression :coffee1:

He is russkie as his name means something to do with balls in russkie .so he had balls to drive stupid and now should be deported before he kills somebody 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, stoner said:

i would say more like boulders rather than stones. any police from the west would have a nervous breakdown after 15 minutes of trying to police the roads in thailand.

i would take the drivers license away from a large portion of the population. that's just me though.  

From the ones that have one of course. It's not easy to tell who has one and who doesn't. I've seen a lot of posts on here over the years regarding Thai family members not having a licence though. 

You'd also need effective enforcement for the ones who'd lost their licence and those who never had one in the first place.

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

My opinion, anyone with a car like that that is arrested or charged should get an automatic look as to how they paid for the car if they own it and where the money comes from

Damn there's some jealousy in the thread, it's not even an expensive motor, we aren't talking Lambo prices here, a nice new mid level 4x4 is about the same price are we looking into all them too

• Like 1
  • Agree 1