Siamburi

bradiston

Siambury has high quality cheese for very inexpensive prices.....

Has anyone seen the price of cheese at lets say Big C......Its crazy crazy expensive.....Some one did not like Siamburys cheap cheese prices....

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

www.expatfoodsthailand.com 

I eat delicious steak 2 x a day. Anything frozen from NZ or AU is tasty and tender. 

Screenshot of Mail at Sep 27, 2024 at 12_09_27.png

I thought expatfoods was just the online orders and delivery arm of Siamburi.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

www.expatfoodsthailand.com 

I eat delicious steak 2 x a day. Anything frozen from NZ or AU is tasty and tender. 

Screenshot of Mail at Sep 27, 2024 at 12_09_27.png

Parmigianino? What's that? 😊

Other than that, the prices look good. Perhaps I'll take another look.

• Sad 1

Just now, bradiston said:

I thought expatfoods was just the online orders and delivery arm of Siamburi.

It is. I never go shopping in a proper store.  They bring it to my condo door. 

Look at the prices. I can buy expensive crap from Tops (steak) or I can buy from Siamburi. The beef comes to me as if it still has legs.

Delicious cooked well done. 

Tender as F&#k

Just now, NowNow said:

Parmigianino? What's that? 😊

Other than that, the prices look good. Perhaps I'll take another look.

I have no clue. It tastes good. My son likes it for his BalaKinase, but he apparently cannot say Bolognese. Who cares, he likes it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gobbler said:

Look at the prices. I can buy expensive crap from Tops (steak) or I can buy from Siamburi. The beef comes to me as if it still has legs.

Tender as F&#k

I'm think that you do shop in proper stores, as I'm sure that I've met you.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Some small piece of cheddar so they put the price right up

Can buy 3 kilos of NZ cheddar for around 700b in Makro, cheese does not go off that quick if you cover the end. 

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

I thought that it seemed a bit expensive for your taste. I expected it to be an English cheddar and know that you can buy 500 grams of Mainland cheese for around 260 baht. 699 denoted something a bit better. Seems not.

I used to buy a lot of cheese(together with other items) from Siamburi's. Especially when they had good deals on Greek Feta. Though once they sold out, they didn't come back in. Stopped making the journey after a while, especially as my cupboards are full of higher quality imported items now.

I've mostly given up cheese, it just makes you fat, occasionally i buy cheddar for cheeseburgers and some cheese on toast

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Can buy 3 kilos of NZ cheddar for around 700b in Makro, cheese does not go off that quick if you cover the end. 

The only problem with Makro cheese is you must buy huge kilos chuncks of cheese to get good value........Makro smaller sized cheese is almost expensive as Big C cheese...

It's much easier to find the bargains online.  I routinely order 4000b worth of food but only pat 2300 baht. 

I clean out the buy one get one and use online coupons. 

Why overpay? 

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Maybe you can start a non-profit cheese club for the pensioners. 😉 Six people can divide it up between themselves. No FDA necessary. 120 baht per 500 gram chunk. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

Tender as F&#k

Yeah, it looks like you nailed it. I still do Makro. Organic eggs, coconut milk, olive oil, belly pork, frozen fruit (apricots, strawberries, peaches) for shakes, that sort of thing. And they open at 6am.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've mostly given up cheese, it just makes you fat, occasionally i buy cheddar for cheeseburgers and some cheese on toast

Cheese doesn't make you fat. Stop it. 

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you are in good shape, it's easy to use up the excess calories. Though I cannot state that I eat either of those foodstuffs.

Just now, bradiston said:

Yeah, it looks like you nailed it. I still do Makro. Organic eggs, coconut milk, olive oil, belly pork, frozen fruit (apricots, strawberries, peaches) for shakes, that sort of thing. And they open at 6am.

Makro is fine until the greedy bastards turn off the aircon 2 hours before closing. I shop from my air c-nditioned office.  Hell, my son and girlfriend know how to prepare my coffee for the shopping experience.  It's normal to get deliveries from Tops, Villa, Lotuss' and Siamburi.  I buy the cheapest price for the same items. 

Just now, redwood1 said:

The only problem with Makro cheese is you must buy huge kilos chuncks of cheese to get good value........Makro smaller sized cheese is almost expensive as Big C cheese...

Yes but 3 kilos lasts me nearly 3 months and I eat it every day, that's why because of the price I don't buy the smaller size. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Coconut milk is sold freshly squeezed. I don't know anything about the packaged product. I guess better than nothing.

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

Yes but 3 kilos lasts me nearly 3 months and I eat it every day, that's why because of the price I don't buy the smaller size. 

Mainland Vintage 470 grams at Makro is relatively good value.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Maybe you can start a non-profit cheese club for the pensioners. 😉 Six people can divide it up between themselves. No FDA necessary. 120 baht per 500 gram chunk. 

Well actually years ago I used to go half with a friend but, he even complained about paying half. 

• Haha 1

For example, I can buy fresh herbs from Tops or Villa. What's the difference? Villa give me 30g instead of 15g from Tops for the same price. 

What, did you think I only cook those steaks in bad oil? I cook them in butter with fresh rosemary and Thyme. 

I distribute the shopping amongst all the top players. Lately Tops has been terrible, so I am phasing them out, but I will still drain them of bogos.

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

it's a false economy because you end up eating too much cheese

To Much ? I have one sandwich a day with cheese. 'You' may eat to much I do not, I buy a box of beer I don't drink the whole lot in one go, I'm not a greedy bustard.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NowNow said:

If you are in good shape, it's easy to use up the excess calories. Though I cannot state that I eat either of those foodstuffs.

Most people i see in Siamburi's are overweight, not healthy food all that stuff