Siamburi

bradiston

6 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Coconut milk is sold freshly squeezed. I don't know anything about the packaged product. I guess better than nothing.

Not the same as coconut water. And I can't be running out into the street to find a vendor whenever! I use it mainly for cooking, stews, curries, and also shakes. It's almost carb free. Long shelf life (no additives). Same as cheese and butter. You can eat as much as you like. Ask keto!

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Most people i see in Siamburi's are overweight, not healthy food all that stuff

Who is talking about other people? Why concern yourself with them?

I wrote: If you are in good shape, it's easy to use up the excess calories. Though I cannot state that I eat either of those foodstuffs.

Cheeseburgers and cheese on toast don't sound like healthy choices. Looks like there is a fat person inside you trying to get out 😊

Most people i see in Siamburi's are overweight, not healthy food all that stuff

Are you one of them ? As I have said before I have eaten cheese nearly everyday for

73 years since I can remember. and I'm just 62 kilos. I don't worry about my cholesterol either, up to me. how much do weigh ??

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe you've got ketosis going on, body thinks you're dying

It's odd, that, because on an annual checkup they test for ketones. If the reading is high, they start to panic. Of course, it's a sign the body has adapted to a sugar free, or even carb free, diet.

29 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Can buy 3 kilos of NZ cheddar for around 700b in Makro, cheese does not go off that quick if you cover the end. 

Ummm, 233 THB per kilo? Or 700 THB per kilo. I don't buy NZ dairy produce. I was brought up on Anchor in boarding school. Put me off for life!

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Can buy 3 kilos of NZ cheddar for around 700b in Makro, cheese does not go off that quick if you cover the end. 

Great price I give you that. But its pretty ordinary to be fair, had some myself. More rubbery than flaky but everyone has different tastes. Its good to cook with I find.

7 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Are you one of them ? As I have said before I have eaten cheese nearly everyday for

73 years since I can remember. and I'm just 62 kilos. I don't worry about my cholesterol either, up to me. how much do weigh ??

You sound unhealthy, get your blood checked. I'm 72kg, fit though, do loads of exercise

2 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Not the same as coconut water. And I can't be running out into the street to find a vendor whenever! I use it mainly for cooking, stews, curries, and also shakes. It's almost carb free. Long shelf life (no additives). Same as cheese and butter. You can eat as much as you like. Ask keto!

When I go to the market, I buy it freshly squeezed. I haven't tried freezing it. But the vendor seemed to think that it wasn't a good idea. 

But if you ever drunk fresh cow's milk and compared it to UHT milk... you would choose fresh every time.

You sound unhealthy, get your blood checked. I'm 72kg, fit though, do loads of exercise

I'll bet you don't flinch when buying food off the street. 

Rancid oils. Temperature is too low, as it is proven by the oil dripping from the food you are eating. 

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

sorry to break it to you, of course it does along with other fatty junk

Check it out, scoob. Processed cheese is junk for sure. No way is Brie, Camembert, mature cheddar, nor any decent English, French, Italian or other "continental" cheese junk. An extremely important food. Hundreds of different types. Goat, sheep, buffalo, cow. So many myths around. It's carbs that kill you.

1 minute ago, bradiston said:

Check it out, scoob. Processed cheese is junk for sure. No way is Brie, Camembert, mature cheddar, nor any decent English, French, Italian or other "continental" cheese junk. An extremely important food. Hundreds of different types. Goat, sheep, buffalo, cow. So many myths around. It's carbs that kill you.

It's worrying that kills you 😊

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, NowNow said:

When I go to the market, I buy it freshly squeezed. I haven't tried freezing it. But the vendor seemed to think that it wasn't a good idea. 

But if you ever drunk fresh cow's milk and compared it to UHT milk... you would choose fresh every time.

I never saw coconut milk in Ratanakorn. Water, yes. I don't freeze it. It has a long shelf life unopened, and I keep mine in the fridge once opened. It has a lot of oil in it which comes out when you cook with it. You know a paneng curry? That creamy texture? In southern Thailand they use it much more than Issan or the north.

26 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe you've got ketosis going on, body thinks you're dying

Maybe a 100g gold bar will fall from the sky and hit me in the head.  

Maybe maybe maybe

I am diabetic and have to eat this way. 

Just sat down with my cheese and pickle sandwich and out of interest weighed the cheese, I put in it, 5 grams according to my maths that's 600 sandwiches from  3 kilos. 

I will eat half a fisherman's pie tonight brought from expat foods. 

2 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I never saw coconut milk in Ratanakorn. Water, yes. I don't freeze it. It has a long shelf life unopened, and I keep mine in the fridge once opened. It has a lot of oil in it which comes out when you cook with it. You know a paneng curry? That creamy texture? In southern Thailand they use it much more than Issan or the north.

If you didn't see it, you weren't observant enough. Between the meat section and the fruit and vegetable section, At the front they have all of the different pastes. At the back, the coconut flesh squeezing device.

Something like 30 to 35 baht for 0.5 litres. But for some reason, they often throw in another half litre for free.

8 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Yours is Ultra Heat Treated. UHT. Not tasty, but better than nothing.

4 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

Maybe a 100g gold bar will fall from the sky and hit me in the head.  

Maybe maybe maybe

I am diabetic and have to eat this way. 

If you're type 2 you should be trying to reverse it. Type 1 yeah you have to live with it

16 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

No thanks, you are overweight not me. I don't want to waste food by exercising, I'll have a 'power nap' later after my glass of full fat milk and a ciggy. 

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

No thanks, you are overweight not me. I don't want to waste food by exercising, I'll have a 'power nap' later after my glass of full fat milk and a ciggy. 

at 72kg I'm nicely in the healthy BMI range. Your 62kg seems very low unless you are small

2 hours ago, NowNow said:

If you didn't see it, you weren't observant enough. Between the meat section and the fruit and vegetable section, At the front they have all of the different pastes. At the back, the coconut flesh squeezing device.

Something like 30 to 35 baht for 0.5 litres. But for some reason, they often throw in another half litre for free.

Huh? Tucked away behind one small stall between meat and veg? The meat stalls turn my stomach. The stench is terrible. I'm usually there about 2-3am getting veg and herbs. Always sweet basil  (ho la pa), dill if I have some salmon. I buy a whole side and cut it into portions and freeze. Maybe an avocado or two, maybe an apple or two. I got 3 granny smiths for 20 THB there recently. They were good, too. Amongst the kiwi gala and Chinese imports.