Fatal Dog Attacks in Thailand Prompt Legal Reevaluation

webfact

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

It's a no brainer.

1) Stray dogs, collect and destroy, pests.

2) Dog attacks, collect and destroy, if owner identified, sue for damages

3) Chip each and every dog

4) Each and every dog must be registered with local council, recording owners details.

5) They should never be let out on the the streets, if they do the dog shuold be put down immediatley

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I think you missed the "joke".

He's a PitBull hater pretending to be an owner. In other words, he is trolling.  

That's a big assumption. Do you know these people well, personal long time friends?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And please don't tell me it's all about training. Pitbulls are aggressive, they bite, they try to kill. Training won't totally cancel their aggressiveness and the danger they pose

This is what I have read, you can train and condition the dog as a puppy but that is No guarantee he won't bite someone in the future.  

Maybe the owner should be put in a pin with some aggressive breed dogs he does Not know and see if he has different feelings about these dogs, that is if the dogs decide to let him survive.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

No such thing as a bad dog,just bad owners.

I have had a pitbull since he was a pup and he's only bitten me 5 or 6 times.Each time it was my fault.

How about Bad and aggressive stray dogs without owner......who is at fault ?..... unbelievable and irresponsible remarks.....it's all about yourself......Simple

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So what? You just admitted you pitbull has bitten 5 or 6 times. Proof that he bites.

Then you say it's your fault. So why do something that you know will stir the dog to bite?

And what about if you're away from the location? good chance the dog will bite anybody.

And please don't tell me it's all about training. Pitbulls are aggressive, they bite, they try to kill. Training won't totally cancel their aggressiveness and the danger they pose.

My Fluffy wouldn't hurt a fly.

• Haha 1

"................prompting renewed calls to review the country's pet ownership and public safety laws."

I feel another Committee coming on!

The main problem is contending with the Thai Buddhist logic that all life is sacred, but as a previous poster pointed out, that does not seem to apply to chickens!

Damn dogs are the curse of Thailand, not just the soi dogs and homeless strays but even dogs that belong to people and roam around outside. What's needed is a mass culling, not a few dozen, but hundreds of thousands of them, caught and killed. But I know it ain't going to happen. Friends of mine in Australia who have been to Thailand for short holidays, a week at Koh Samui or Phuket, they all tell the same story about the fkn dogs.

• Thumbs Up 1

There might be a reason, why in the Northeastern part of Indochina all meat is being cooked and hence it might be time for meat balls, in local lingua ลูกชิ้นพิทบูลหรือลูกชิ้นร็อตไวเลอร์

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

I have had a pitbull since he was a pup and he's only bitten me 5 or 6 times.Each time it was my fault.

And, when it finally ends up killing you, after giving you '5 or 6' warnings, it will also be your fault.  Back to the topic, all stray dogs need to be rounded up and put down.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

So what? You just admitted you pitbull has bitten 5 or 6 times. Proof that he bites.

Then you say it's your fault. So why do something that you know will stir the dog to bite?

And what about if you're away from the location? good chance the dog will bite anybody.

And please don't tell me it's all about training. Pitbulls are aggressive, they bite, they try to kill. Training won't totally cancel their aggressiveness and the danger they pose.

Pretty sure he was being facetious. 

Also, there are aggressive breeds and it's not always the owners' fault. 

Any dog that bites and kills a human, must be put down. If Thailand still allows these animals to just get transferred,

the country will always be a third world country in my eyes.  I cannot believe that the people with the most powere would 

allow a killer dog to keep living. Just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

The dog problem is seriously out of hand in Thailand! It is dangerous and is a threat to all! It is time to clean up the country and also look at all these huge dangerous dogs that can kill anyone within seconds!! No one need them! Many countries have banned certain dogs. Owners must also be responsible for whatever harm their "pets" are inflicting on others. Jail in worst cases!

9 hours ago, webfact said:

While local authorities are responsible for managing stray animals, proving negligence can be legally challenging.

There we go Make that a  Law that the local authorities Pay for the  damages/ bites that the Soi dogs inflict.  than they will soon eradicate the Vermin . Me think that will work .

2 hours ago, newnative said:

And, when it finally ends up killing you, after giving you '5 or 6' warnings, it will also be your fault.  Back to the topic, all stray dogs need to be rounded up and put down.  

No chance of ever killing me because i'm well hard.

That's the reason i got a pittie in the first place.

10 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

let us know when #7 happens.  and how many stitches you got

10 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Actually a very simple thing to fix. Make 3-4 persons responsible for the stray population, and not all officials. Then we know who is neglecting their duties.

put a bounty on them ..    100baht per carcass

after a few days of pop/bang ..  the streets will be safer and quiet

• Love It 1

10 hours ago, watchcat said:

5) They should never be let out on the the streets, if they do the dog shuold be put down immediatley

Totally agree, our dog is always inside the front gate, he's only a little thing, but when the courier comes and drops off parcels, I told him to close the gate because I didn't want the dog going on the road to either get hit and killed or bringing down a motorcycle rider, he just gave me that LOS smile.

I told the wife, best you tell him next time, she's my pet dog, and she gave him a real nice barking, gate is always closed now, didn't ask her what she said, but he doesn't know she all bark and no bite.....LOL

14 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

he would have bitten me only once .... 555

8 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

No such thing as a bad dog breed. Just bad owners.

And it looks like this committee will address that issue.

American people kill more people per year than American Pitbulls.

I have never seen an American Pitbull pull off a mass shooting. 
They are inherently more dangerous but everyone wants to kill all the dogs. 

I suggest if you do not like stray dogs then Thailand is not for you. 
Nothing worse than when an uninvited immigrant shows up and wants to change the culture to be like their country.

No such thing as a bad dog breed. Just bad owners.

And it looks like this committee will address that issue.

American people kill more people per year than American Pitbulls.

I have never seen an American Pitbull pull off a mass shooting. 
They are inherently more dangerous but everyone wants to kill all the dogs. 

None of that means that pitbulls are OK / OK to be inside houses / OK to be near children or adults.

They are vicious, they aim to kill.