Is Thailand Value for money

Celsius

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Dietary wise life is making a joke on us- healthy food just isn't tasty and enjoyable as food supposedly bad for us.

If I wasn't pre diabetic I'd still be eating loads of sugar. Don't and never cared about food any more than filling the petrol tank.

Favourite food is hot dogs. Saves on expenses as never a need to eat at restaurants, except fast food if in a rush. In Thailand I did eat at a restaurant all the time ( Gekkos in Chiang Mai ), bit of a dump but great food at not much more cost than cooking for myself. Lovely hot dogs too.

Food isn't bad for us unless we east junk food, especially all the time. There is a lot of delicious healthy and somewhat healthy food out there, as it's all I've ever eaten besides the occasional junk food. Try Texas BBQ, New York style pizza, Shrimp Scampi, Lasagne (homemade), Australian, Texas, or a myriad of other cheeseburgers, Broiled Swordfish, and a host of others who might have some extra calories but are still healthy food.

On 10/1/2024 at 6:25 PM, KannikaP said:

There are two words in The King's English......so do it if you do not like it here.

There are plenty of us who do like it.

Just curious ... Do the two words begin with the letters "F" and "O"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

For me, Thailand is far better value for money than any western country. It's not even expensive unless one wants to live like a nob, and eat at Dukes, LOL.

My hotel room all included was a zillion % better than the only thing I can afford back home for more than I was paying in LOS, which is only slightly above living in my car.

Had dinner at Casita Mexican restaurant last night 3 tacos, a coke and a free plate of chips and dips for 260bht. Not that expensive (£6.50). Couldn't finish the free plate, too full.

I often eat at Rajdarbar Indian restaurant, same price for chicken jalfrezi, naan bread and a coke.

Then there's the Au de Auf German buffet, again at the same price.

Can't beat eating out in Chiang Mai for good value food.

Pre dinner Leo at the jungle bar (next to mad dog) 80bht, post dinner beer at the moat house rooftop bar with some Thai guitarist singing Oasis songs another 80bht.

Around £10 for a night out!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2