BOI Wealthy Pensioner LTVor continue OA extensions

Has anyone who had been getting retirement extensions from an OA or O visa switched to the 10 year Long Term Visa established by the BOI?

I qualify and am seriously considering it.  50k for the 10 year period is reasonable considering everything you get.

I fly back to Thailand tomorrow and my extension is good until late November.

Already gathered up most of the paperwork to submit 

Any regrets from anyone who went this route?

I probably know over 50 people who have switched from an O or OA visa extensions to the LTR wealthy pensioner.

Not a single person has been unhappy with the switch, for the 50Kfee, you get a 10-year visa, with the 5-year permits to stay stamp, and a 5-year multiple reentry permit.

the LTR Visa is a great fit if you qualify, the insurance requirements are half that of an OA

You apply online through the ltr/boi website here

https://ltr.boi.go.th/

You don't have to wait for you to be back inside Thailand to begin the application process, right now I believe it's taking between 4 and 6 weeks for the approvals.

Edited by Tod Daniels
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tod Daniels said:

I probably know over 50 people who have switched from an O or OA visa extensions to the LTR wealthy pensioner.

Not a single person has been unhappy with the switch,

the LTR Visa is a great fit if you qualify, the insurance requirements are half that of an OA

You apply online through the ltr/boi website here

https://ltr.boi.go.th/

You don't have to wait for you to be back inside Thailand to begin the application process, right now I believe it's taking between 4 and 6 weeks for the approvals.

Good information.  I fly out tomorrow so I’ll probably just wait until I get settled back into the condo I’ve renting.

On the application I will then use my Thai address.

And work on a cover letter if it will help.