V P Debate

Seems a draw.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/10/02/live-jd-vance-and-tim-walzs-vice-presidential-debate/

Immediate post-debate polls by CNN and CBS News appear to indicate American voters are split on who won. 

According to a CNN instant poll, 51% of polled voters said Vance did a better job at the debate, while 49% picked Walz instead. 

Meanwhile, in its poll, CBS News reported 42% said Vance won, 41% said Walz won, while 17% said it was a tie. 

These sorts of things work beneath the immediate surface. Watch over the next few weeks for sound bites, images, memes, and clips to emerge that will wear down the immediate responses. In the end, a fixed image will emerge. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

These sorts of things work beneath the immediate surface. Watch over the next few weeks for sound bites, images, memes, and clips to emerge that will wear down the immediate responses. In the end, a fixed image will emerge. 

My take for what its worth!

JD exposed the bias moderator’s,

when they attempted to fact check , the migrant program  than he masterly put them in place with harris waving a magic wand to give the wavered status!

500,000 on harris watch.

Nearly 530,000 migrants came to US 'legally,' paroled into US under controversial Biden program: CBP and thousands of thousands into the small town of SPringfield, Oh.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nearly-530000-migrants-came-us-legally-paroled-us-under-controversial-biden-program-cbp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, riclag said:

JD exposed the bias moderator’s, when they attempted to fact check , the migrant program  than he masterly put them in place with harris waving a magic wand to give the wavered status!

500,000 on harris watch.

The 2 "debates" may change the landscape for future debates, with the "moderators" proving once again that they're biased and can't be counted on to adhere to agreements, nor decency.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, impulse said:

The 2 "debates" may change the landscape for future debates, with the "moderators" proving once again that they're biased and can't be counted on to adhere to agreements, nor decency.

They muted him , during his response 

to their bias.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, novacova said:

Walz friends with school shooters Freudian slip…

A nothingburger gaffe. Everyone knows it was a gaffe. If the gun nut magas push that as real, they only hurt themselves, because that highlights that they've got nothing to offer about gun massacres other than empty hopes and prayers. Go for it!

Edited by Jingthing

If I were a Democrat I'd just take the L and move on. 

Tim Walz was an utter embarrassment. As Frank Luntz said : "His line about making friends with school shooters is the worst line ever heard in a VP debate." 

My personal favourite - "why did you lie about being in Tianamen Square." 

"Well, I was a cyclist when I was a kid blah bah ( a few moments later )." 

"uhuhu, but the question was - why did you lie about being in Tianamen Square?" 

"Aye, eh - I mispoke." 

Idiot - and that goes for anyone trying to defend him. 

ps - for the less bright among you, in 1989 Hong Kong was  British colony. It wasn't part of China or under Chinese communist party rule. 

#justsayin'

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, novacova said:

Walz friends with school shooters Freudian slip…

Obviously, that was Walz misspeaking. He isn't friends with them, and he does not have some subconscious desire to be their friends. OTOH it does display that Walz is a lumbering slow thinker, unprepared, and doubtlessly panicking in his response.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, theblether said:

Tim Walz was an utter embarrassment. As Frank Luntz said : "His line about making friends with school shooters is the worst line ever heard in a VP debate." 

"Aye, eh - I mispoke." 

ps - for the less bright among you, in 1989 Hong Kong was  British colony. It wasn't part of China or under Chinese communist party rule. 

#justsayin'

Does even one person actually believe the school shooter gaffe was anything other than a gaffe? 

You focus on his weakest moments while you ignore his strong ones.

Indeed the knockout punch where he got sleazeball Vance to refuse to admit Trump lost in 2020. 

Frank Lunz is a notorious republican shill, but you knew that already.

Best scoring of the event.

Vance was slick and won on style.

But he lied constantly.

Walz had some cringe rough moments, but he held his own overall, got much better in the later part of the debate, and won on SUBSTANCE. 

So calling it even would be objective and fair.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jingthing said:

Does even one person actually believe the school shooter gaffe was anything other than a gaffe? 

You focus on his weakest moments while you ignore his strong ones.

Indeed the knockout punch where he got sleazeball Vance to refuse to admit Trump lost in 2020. 

Frank Lunz is a notorious republican shill, but you knew that already.

Look who just showed up. As I was saying about............

GVolk9rWQAArVEB.jpg

10 minutes ago, theblether said:

"Aye, eh - I mispoke." 

#justsayin'

A gaffe here and there or being picked up about where you were 35 years ago is one thing but not willing to simply say Biden won the election is something much worse in my opinion as it suggests not much character and trying to please his silly duffer boss. 

• Love It 1

Just now, Fat is a type of crazy said:

A gaffe here and there or being picked up about where you were 35 years ago is one thing but not willing to simply say Biden won the election is something much worse in my opinion as it suggests not much character and trying to please his silly duffer boss. 

Harris' fanatical supporters seem to hang on this point just as desperately as Trump's fanatical supporters do in the other direction. At this stage, however, it's a non-issue for the majority of the voters worried about illegal immigration, inflation, and housing shortages.

Just now, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Drivel. It's been a continuous lie by Walz. 

And as I said, Hong Kong was not China in 1989, he wasn't at Tianamen, no one who knows what happened at Tianamen would dare claim to have been there as what really happened was appalling beyond belief. 

Would you like an example? From a Chinese politburo source. 

"A brigade of semi-literate soldiers jumped a fence, and went on a mass orgy of rape. Female students were beaten to death and left with legs lying akimbo. Tanks were then called to run them over and pulverise them to mush. Gasoline was poured over the liquidised bodies and they were set alight. The soldiers then took great glee in power washing the remains into the sewers." 

This information is contained within British and AMERICAN official archives. 

And Walz lied about being there. Appalling. 

https://www.france24.com/en/20171223-10000-killed-chinas-1989-tiananmen-crackdown-british-archive

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, theblether said:

A minimum of 10,000 dead at Tianamen Square and you are excusing this clown for a "gaffe". 

Shameful. 

Why did you post a picture of black people? That's what I asked. You didn't answer.

9 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

He's playing to the base...

CNN Poll: Percentage of Republicans who think Biden’s 2020 win was illegitimate ticks back up near 70%

Also:   There has been an uptick in the share of political independents who feel that it’s at least somewhat likely, though, from 42% who felt that way last summer to 53% now.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/03/politics/cnn-poll-republicans-think-2020-election-illegitimate/index.html

It's okay if you have 70% who disagree with policy.  But you have a real problem if 70% don't trust the election results.  Not to mention millions and millions of Dems that don't trust the results, and over half (53%) of the independents.

His refusal is a neutral.  Won't cost him anything with voters who don't have the syndrome.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

He's playing to the base...

CNN Poll: Percentage of Republicans who think Biden’s 2020 win was illegitimate ticks back up near 70%

Also:   There has been an uptick in the share of political independents who feel that it’s at least somewhat likely, though, from 42% who felt that way last summer to 53% now.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/03/politics/cnn-poll-republicans-think-2020-election-illegitimate/index.html

It's okay if you have 70% who disagree with policy.  But you have a real problem if 70% don't trust the election results.  Not to mention millions and millions of Dems that don't trust the results, and over half (53%) of the independents.

His refusal is a neutral.  Won't cost him anything with voters who don't have the syndrome.

I call B.S.

It doesn't help with independents and swing voters. Pretty much the only voters in play.

I'll say it once again but clearer now for the dim of thinking. 

No sane man lies about: 

Witnessing the murder of 10,000 students. 

Witnessing the rape of hundreds of women. 

Witnessing thousands of bodies reduced to mulch by tanks.

Witnessing the remains being soaked in gasoline and set alight. 

Witnessing the remains being power-washed into the sewers. 

This is a filthy lie repeated for decades. An utterly horrendous lie. Just give it a rest;

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, theblether said:

I'll say it once again but clearer now for the dim of thinking. 

No sane man lies about: 

Witnessing the murder of 10,000 students. 

Witnessing the rape of hundreds of women. 

Witnessing thousands of bodies reduced to mulch by tanks.

Witnessing the remains being soaked in gasoline and set alight. 

Witnessing the remains being power-washed into the sewers. 

This is a filthy lie repeated for decades. An utterly horrendous lie. Just give it a rest;

What's with the picture of the black people? How does that relate to your rant?

Let's be honest...  Who do you think the Childless Cat Ladies listened more attentively to?

Vance, Walz Set for High-Stakes US Vice Presidential Debate

Edit:  Yeah.  I know.  It's not fair.  I look more like gramps than blue eyes, too.  I just learned to live with the reality.  Piercing blue eyes are gonna get the chicks.

Edited by impulse