V P Debate

thaibeachlovers

27 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Nevery claimed a halo, they generally don't fit very well.  Merely commenting on the general state of political discourse, not just here but in the world at large.  Lefties tend to be more dismissive and less tolerant than we proto-fascists.   

You seem to be quite tolerant of a guy who claimed immigrants were poisoning the blood of America, and they were also eating cats and dogs.

Seems your brand of tolerance is different to mine.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

This could take a while....

Experimental genital mutilation of children

I really don't know what you mean by this, but I would disagree with any "experimental" mutilations being done on anyone. I'm sure Harris has not suggested she is for anything like this. I don't even think circumcisions should be done, although I, myself, have been circumcised.

Leaving viable aborted babies to die
I disagree with this and am positive both Harris and Walz do, too. The recent law in Minnesota doesn't allow this in spite of the reports otherwise.

Removing children from parents who oppose trans programming
I disagree with this, and I am sure Harris does, too.

A fully open border

I disagree with this, and I am sure Harris does, too.

Taxpayer funding of boobs for trans prisoners

I disagree with this, and I am sure Harris does, too. I've never heard of this before.

Kneeling during the anthem

I don't care anything about this, and I am sure Harris doesn't, either.

No No to Deportation

I disagree with this unless it's done according to the law. Legal immigrants should not be deported. 

Ban on fracking

I'd be for this, but Harris has softened her stance on this, to my regret.

Ban on stoves and ACs

I disagree with this, and I am sure Harris does, too. I've never heard of this.

The green new deal

I'm for this.

Censorship

I am against this if it refers to expressing your opinion. I know something has to be done about all the false information posted on the Internet, but I don't know what. I don't think prohibiting will work because then it's just up to someone else to decide what is true and what is false. Social media is and will continue to present us with a big, big problem.

Higher inflation

I'm against this, but social issues are more important to me than economic ones.

War

I'm against this unless it is the last and only option.

Iran
I think they should be treated like any other country. I know they are being drawn into war with Israel, and I think we should stay out of this conflict as far as aiding either side with weapons or money. We should just try to help negotiate a ceasefire.

Anti-semitism
I am not anti-Jew or anti-Arab/Muslim and am not anti-Israeli or anti-Palestinian, but I think neither side is willing to live together in a two-state solution. I think we should not support either side and, as I said above, help either side as far as aiding either side with weapons or money. We should just try to help negotiate (force, if necessary) a ceasefire.

anti-catholicism
I am anti-religion, so in a way, I am anti-Catholic - at least as far as allowing any religion to impose it's version of morality on others.

Violence against women
I am against that, of course, and I'm sure Harris is too, but I probably don't know what you really mean by this.

Men in womens sports
I think as long as we have sports segregated into "men" and "women," that should be enforced - both ways. I don't think women should be allowed to participate in men's sports as they have in the past, like in golf. I think there needs to be a medical test to determine gender where that is challenged. What that test should be, I don't know, but I do think trans people (going both ways) should be allowed to compete if they pass that test.

Rioting
This is, of course, against the law. I oppose it.

So, I hope that answers your questions, but it probably will create others...

Fair enough, thanks for your reply, you apparently are living in a different reality than others. At least I now know what ya'll beleive.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You seem to be quite tolerant of a guy who claimed immigrants were poisoning the blood of America, and they were also eating cats and dogs.

Seems your brand of tolerance is different to mine.

Same in the general public. Research shows that Republicans tend to have more friends across party lines than Democrats. Most intolerant of differing political views were liberal women- no surprise there. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Same in the general public. Research shows that Republicans tend to have more friends across party lines than Democrats. Most intolerant of differing political views were liberal women- no surprise there. 

Research?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am stunned there are still people who think Trump is in any way suitable to be President again. The parade of senior White House officials who say otherwise stretches around a city block. You don't see any of them saying the same of Harris.

It's a good example where Vance gave an answer that sounded good making Trump sound like this maverick who came up with amazing independent thinking that the so called experts didn't like but of course the claim has little substance. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Was the 2020 election stolen?

I don't know was it? Why don't you just start a new topic! Is your hate for Trump so great that you think Walz and Kamala are the anwer to a better USA and world. They have to be the weakest choices we have ever had.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't have 91 criminal indictments against me. I'm not a felon. My worst offense is a speeding ticket.

So you don't have buildings  around the World named after you and you didn't marry a Russian supermodel and they aren't selling 100 000 $ watches with Lacessit written on them  ?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Fair enough, thanks for your reply, you apparently are living in a different reality than others. At least I now know what ya'll beleive.

@Yagoda, I am living in a different reality than others. 

I am 78 years old. I've seen a lot of things most people have not. I think the best issue you raised in your post was about Censorship.

All this information we get every day from Internet sources like FB/Meta, Instagram, X, and AseanNow Forums is doing a lot of damage to our society. The problem is no one knows for sure what they can believe!

An example is the terrorist attacks on 9-11 that destroyed two buildings in NYC and damaged the Pentagon. Now, do I know for sure that they really happened? No, I don't. I'd never seen the Two Towers before the alleged attack and have never been to NYC since to see that they are now gone. I only believe that because I take the word of the many of those who have reported on it. It could actually all be a hoax. But I do believe it happened.

So, what else should I believe that I see reported on the Internet or on TV? Most of us have a few sources that we trust and believe whatever that source reports. That source for me is CNN

Just how this can be ameliorated, I don't know, but I do think it's very important that we try to come up with something that will at least warn people about possible fraudulent news.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, flexomike said:

I don't know was it? Why don't you just start a new topic! Is your hate for Trump so great that you think Walz and Kamala are the anwer to a better USA and world. They have to be the weakest choices we have ever had.

They may be weak choices, but ANYONE would be better than Trump! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So you don't have buildings  around the World named after you and you didn't marry a Russian supermodel and they aren't selling 100 000 $ watches with Lacessit written on them  ?

I lack the narcissism required.

I'll settle for my Thai GF. unlike Melania she doesn't look like she is sucking lemons whenever she is in public. I think it's safe to say I have got laid more often.

I use my phone to tell the time, watches are for insecure exhibitionists.

Have you placed your order yet?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Cheating "again"?

Do you think the 2020 election was stolen?

nobody give a flying fok, enough of your bs, damn I will be glad when this election is over

13 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

@Yagoda, I am living in a different reality than others. 

I am 78 years old. I've seen a lot of things most people have not. I think the best issue you raised in your post was about Censorship.

All this information we get every day from Internet sources like FB/Meta, Instagram, X, and AseanNow Forums is doing a lot of damage to our society. The problem is no one knows for sure what they can believe!

An example is the terrorist attacks on 9-11 that destroyed two buildings in NYC and damaged the Pentagon. Now, do I know for sure that they really happened? No, I don't. I'd never seen the Two Towers before the alleged attack and have never been to NYC since to see that they are now gone. I only believe that because I take the word of the many of those who have reported on it. It could actually all be a hoax. But I do believe it happened.

So, what else should I believe that I see reported on the Internet or on TV? Most of us have a few sources that we trust and believe whatever that source reports. That source for me is CNN

Just how this can be ameliorated, I don't know, but I do think it's very important that we try to come up with something that will at least warn people about possible fraudulent news.

Well you can vary your sources LOL

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I think it's safe to say I have got laid more often.

Its now tea time and people are about to eat , now you have got forum members thinking about You and Trump having sex and who has sex most often , Trump or Lacessit .

You may just have made many people lose their appetite .

Trump banging Melania and Lacessit banging his Thai Wife and who bangs more often , Trump or you .

Think I'll pass on tea tonight 

4 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Well you can vary your sources LOL

Yes, you can vary your sources, but how do you actually know what is fact and what is not? How do you decide?

4 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, you can vary your sources, but how do you actually know what is fact and what is not? How do you decide?

People use their intelligence to decide what is fact and what isn't .

They use their intelligence ,  they don't use their eyes to see things to make sure things exist .

I believe that the NY twin towers existed, even though I never saw them , I didn't need to see them to believe they existed 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Read lots of sources and keep an open mind

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yagoda said:

Read lots of sources and keep an open mind

I do that to an extent, and I've found CNN to be very reliable. 

I don't keep an open mind on things like child molestation and Trump.

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

They use their intelligence ,  they don't use their eyes to see things to make sure things exist .

I believe that the NY twin towers existed, even though I never saw them , I didn't need to see them to believe they existed 

What we call our "five senses"  are the only things you can depend on. Your intelligence is a grouping of concepts that are products of your intellect and, as such, are delusions.

34 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

But that's the existence of a building. For issues requiring intelligence, investigation and facts and evidence I'll go with those with a reputation - established  media backed up with evidence - not youtube guy saying what he thinks based on secret sources. By all means listen to the latter if you like - sometimes they'll have worthwhile things to say - but without evidence you can't really of course draw conclusions. Some get on here   saying there's election fraud or whatever based on so little actual evidence. I hear people say the concept of needing fact checking is like a form of censorship - that's  a slippery slope to simply saying nothing can be proven so I'll believe what feels right. Pure Trumpism. 

Let's not talk about Trumps tacky comments and lies about the twin towers and 9/11 - that's a consistent theme of Trump but a different story.  

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I do that to an extent, and I've found CNN to be very reliable. 

I don't keep an open mind on things like child molestation and Trump.

Then arent you concerned about the support of Kamala Harris for taxpayer funded trans surgery on male inmates, as well as her support for removal of children for parents who oppose sex change? How about her support for sex change suregery on minors?

You can research all of that

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

But that's the existence of a building. For issues requiring intelligence, investigation and facts and evidence I'll go with those with a reputation - established  media backed up with evidence - not youtube guy saying what he thinks based on secret sources. By all means listen to the latter if you like but be very careful to draw conclusions based on your 'intelligence'. I hear people say the concept of needing fact checking is like a form of censorship - well that is a slippery slope to simply saying nothing can be proven so I'll believe what feels right. Pure Trumpism. 

Let's not talk about Trumps tacky comments and lies about the twin towers and 9/11 - that's a consistent theme of Trump but a different story.  

Please stop going on about Trump

Trump, Trump Trump Trump Trump everywhere 

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Please stop going on about Trump

Trump, Trump Trump Trump Trump everywhere 

The interesting thing isn't Trump. He's pretty dull. The interesting thing is the part of human nature that made him a thing. Popular. Believed. Thanks for reading this comment indirectly about Trump. 

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its now tea time and people are about to eat , now you have got forum members thinking about You and Trump having sex and who has sex most often , Trump or Lacessit .

You may just have made many people lose their appetite .

Trump banging Melania and Lacessit banging his Thai Wife and who bangs more often , Trump or you .

Think I'll pass on tea tonight 

Do you always project your personal convictions as global imperatives?