Drunk Crashes Into Motorcycle, Killing Two 14-Year-Old Girls in Tragic Wrong-Way Collision

Georgealbert

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:
13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

When the government provides the police service and individual stations with sufficient budget and equipment only then will the officers be able to get out and do the job so many posters complain about them not doing.

Valid point - and it leads to the deeper discussion of taxation and public funds.

But, as graft is so systemic, even if police offers receive competetive salaries, will graft ever disappear ?... 

I wasn't referring to graft or salaries, I was pointing out that the reason there are no police patrols that could pick up the offenders and maybe make the roads a little safer is because the police stations are not provided with the equipment with which to do it.

• Haha 2

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

I wasn't referring to graft or salaries, I was pointing out that the reason there are no police patrols that could pick up the offenders and maybe make the roads a little safer is because the police stations are not provided with the equipment with which to do it.

Nothing to do with apathy ? 

Sitting in an AC box while MC after MC jumps a red light - what more equipment is needed for that & many other aspects of policing the roads ?

The police all have motorcycles but we never see them pulling over vehicles for driving dangerously etc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The position of the pickup in the photo is likely irrelevant, it could well have been parked there at the side of the road after, and away from, the impact, not to mention the results of kinetic energy -  vehicles rarely stop dead, pointing the same way as before the impact, after an impact at speed.

Ok then, we will ignore what the report actually said and the photographic evidence because you want to argue as usual.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:
5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The position of the pickup in the photo is likely irrelevant, it could well have been parked there at the side of the road after, and away from, the impact, not to mention the results of kinetic energy -  vehicles rarely stop dead, pointing the same way as before the impact, after an impact at speed.

Expand  

Ok then, we will ignore what the report actually said and the photographic evidence because you want to argue as usual.

Two trolls trolling each other. 😵‍💫

It's like two AI chat bots having a conversation... 🙄

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Why the victim blaming?

Maybe the parents did not know?

The fault here is 100% the drunk driver.

true, my parents had no idea of about 90% of the stuff i got up to when i was a teenager. more effective policing and enforcement of existing legislation would go someway to changing what is a dreadful behavioral cultural on thai roads, and i include foreigners as well as locals in this.

Inflammatory posts and replies contravening our Forum Rules have been removed:

8. You will not post vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9. You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages. You will respect other members and post in a civil manner. Personal attacks, insults or hate speech posted on the forum or sent by private message are not allowed.

9 hours ago, proton said:

Why don't they teach road safety and how to ride bikes for the older kids in schools? Far more use than a lot of the nonsense their heads get filled with.

Being taught road safety to school kids and how to ride bikes somehow absolves drunk drivers going the wrong direction on a roadway?