Advisor Urges Public Not to Criticise PM Paetongtarn for using iPad

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Jirayu Huangsap, an advisor to the Prime Minister, has asked the public to refrain from criticizing the Prime Minister for using an iPad to read speeches.

He clarified that while the Prime Minister often speaks without a script, international forums require accuracy. At these global events, world leaders must adhere closely to prepared statements, as such agreements cannot be altered in the way impromptu speeches might be.

Jirayu emphasized that Thailand is stepping onto the world stage, and he urged Thais to show support for their leader.

Jirayu addressed recent criticisms surrounding the Prime Minister’s use of an iPad during the recent Asia Cooperation Dialogue (ACD) summit.

He explained that the Prime Minister was following protocol typical for international agreements, where every word must be carefully read to maintain accuracy. According to Jirayu, this approach is necessary because international statements carry a weight that general speeches do not.

“Globally, citizens are more concerned about the substance and benefits of their leaders' actions rather than the medium they use to communicate," Jirayu said.

He stressed that these actions ultimately contribute to the country’s progress on an international level.

Jirayu also pointed out that the Prime Minister is comfortable speaking off-the-cuff at domestic events, but for significant global forums, prepared remarks are essential. He likened this to government policy announcements, where adherence to exact wording is required.

Jirayu concluded by urging the public to support the Prime Minister and work together to help Thailand advance on the world stage.

Picture courtesy: TNA

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-07

news-footer-2.png

image.png

Well she can’t make a mistake reading Daddy’s script can she. That’s why she needs it. 🤷🏼

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Slocum said:

She is wise to use a ipad...so little or no mistakes are made..she is not a demi god....better than the old Fool or idiot out there speaks and famble most of the time... That's why he lasted only 1 term...had to Bow out and make way for V.P....

I guess there will be mistakes on every other tablet than an ipad then. It has NOTHING to do with what piece of technology was being used. What a silly comment. 

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

NON-STORY made up by an idiot and being pushed by the press. Should be ashamed. Everyone uses notes. Well not everyone, that's true. Idiots don't. Notes are notes though and needed to keep on point. Hence bullet points. Reading verbatim is not a good look and you'll look like an idiot. Scripts and teleprompters are definitely not ideal but if that's the intellectual capacity of the orator then it is what it is. IMO as a leader you need to know what your talking about. This is an example and you should YT it. (censorship here is still very active so not sure I can post it). KAMALA: "32 day's, 32 days, 32 days........................................ when the teleprompter glitched. Gold. She's an idiot.

Who is the idiot? Kamala or you? Anyone here can make it up! MAGA Trumpy.

1 hour ago, ericbj said:

Incomprehensible why, at an important international event, she should be expected to blather whatever thoughts may enter her head on the spur of the moment.

Notes of a prepared speech, whether anything from brief mnemonics to full text, are essential in such instances for those without an infallible, encyclopaedic memory.

English still tends to be regarded as THE international medium of communication.  Not yet displaced by Mandarin.

...and not even farsi, i.e. persian!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

using an iPad to read speeche

Typically teleprompter are used for critical speeches but they are obvious, distratcting and don't have unique digital aids that an iPad has. Out with 20th century electronics and in with 21st century electronics.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

What on earth is the complaint here?

That the PM is using a prompt or that she is using an iPad.

I realise that using an iPad shows poor taste, but it is a personal preference.

All world leaders use prompts.

Is she a WORLDLEADER" ?
What has she done for this world yet ?

3 hours ago, BerndD said:

Who is the idiot? Kamala or you? Anyone here can make it up! MAGA Trumpy.

Thanks for your reply.  Fantastic question. Well I'm not an idiot so I guess Kamala is. Maybe I'm being to harsh on the current VP because as everyone knows she grew up in a middle class family. "Vice President how will you tackle inflation?" "Well I grew up in a middle class family ................................................................ ..............................................................................................................................................................................................

Edited by dinsdale
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, chuang said:

Thailand is under threat with the worst deluge...all these clowns are more interested in scoring for political points...a bunch of morons 😞 😞 😞 

Yep but a bunch of powerful and dangerous morons. Dangerous enough to do extrajudicial killings. Thaksin and Prayut guilty of this. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

lets not forget the previous PM Invited Lavrov to Thailand with hand shakes all around. 

Thailand Prime Minister,  previous or current can invite whomever to visit. 

Need no approval from anyone or any country. 

What is the issue ?        I see none