Should A Woman Be Allowed to hold the office of President of the USA?

fittobethaied

6 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Probably not.

They are generally lazy and too emotional. And lack the intellect to handle large sums of money or problem solve.

There has been a few in the past in some countries. It has always been a complete disaster.

They should be banned.

What a load of cobblers and almost as bad as the OP.

BTW OP. Is your god catholic, protestant, CSFC, Russian orthodox, Greek orthodox or any other brand of so called christian religion?

Why do you believe that your god is more important than any of the other hundreds and thousands available to worship?

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

Thank you for your comment CharlieKo! Actually, it's not a matter of ability and the will of the people, but a call to obedience and the Will of God for our nation. Certainly, over the span of history there have been women leaders who have been held up as being top female leaders with outstanding accomplishments; but the question remains, would the country have been better off having the favor of God on them instead of having God take a back seat and turn HIS face away from them? When you study these so-called accomplishments, they are for the most part policy advancements that are totally against the Will of God for any nation. Having a male leader with a heart that leans to the Will of God and who is willing to take a firm stand for righteousness in any country....this is a country that will prosper and enjoy the favor of God for the sake of the elect of God. If God's people continue to be apathetic and not forcefully reject a woman for the Presidency, you will see the USA fall into total chaos. When we sat on our laurels and allowed a female to be second in command, that was only the beginning of sorrows for our nation. 

But there's plenty of folks who don't accept the Christian dogma and don't accept that this dogma ultimately has any right to 'rule' anything.

The US has many good productive muslim people, they have rights too. And that also means that Christian beliefs cannot / should not be totally and dogmatically forced onto muslims.

Let's also not forget that the founding fathers strongly embraced that there must be separation of religion and politics. 

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Cameroni said:

He may well be real. You can't know either way. Maybe you're in for a shock when you arrive at the pearly gates.

I'm sure many people in Thailand have had a shock on reaching what they thought were the 'pearly gates.'

14 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

it is the "elephant in the room" so far as this upcoming election is concerned

Well, the "elephant" is the political symbol for the GOP/ MAGA led by "protector of women" DJT. 

• Like 1

Hitler was a soi disant “Christian”. Burning women for “witchcraft” was a “Christian” activity.

Too bad so many “Christians” do not follow the supposed teachings of Christ.

’Nuff said.

l don't see why not. If the right candidate comes along in the future.

The male front runners are  nothing to get ecstatic about. 

However the replacement for Joe is not suitable this time around. Not even close. 

Personally, I am not against anyone qualified to be the president of the US.  Woman should have that right too.  Those that speak about this in terms of religious beliefs, should read the US constituition  about separation of state and religion.  As  long as one is a good person, will back the US Constitution oath faithfully, and honor the freedom rights of the US citizens, and work

without any corruption, I would support that president, no matter the sex or race or whatever.  However, the rich and powerful seem to have taken over completely in selection of the candidates, based (IMHO) on what the winning candidate will provide them with ever increasing rewards.  Current candidates should never even have come close to being a candidate for the presidency in my opinion.  But I am only 1 vote so I refuse to give it to either of them!

17 minutes ago, jippytum said:

l don't see why not. If the right candidate comes along in the future.

The male front runners are  nothing to get ecstatic about. 

However the replacement for Joe is not suitable this time around. Not even close. 

Whereas Trump is? Really?

16 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

This is a question that the entire world is afraid to ask in this day and age of women's rights and gender equality; but in my estimation, it is the "elephant in the room" so far as this upcoming election is concerned. I am a Christian, and in the Christian ethos a woman would not be allowed to hold that office. The Holy Scriptures make it perfectly clear that there is a line of authority in God's Kingdom, and a woman is not to have spiritual authority over a man. The Head of the woman is the man, and the Head of man is Jesus Christ. This goes for marriage and the household and even in the church where women are not to hold the position of Deacon or Pastor and having spiritual authority over the men. I simply cannot imagine that God would bless a woman and her nation when the population goes against the Laws of God and elects a woman as President. HE will only work within His own framework of authority. We all know intuitively that having a woman as Commander in Chief is just not natural, and I firmly believe that a nation will never be blessed when a woman is in charge.

If you follow politics at all, you will see that our House and Senate are filled with women who are at odds with everything that is good and Godly for our country. They simply don't have the wisdom that is required to fulfill the calling to these higher offices. Even King Soloman, the richest and wisest man in his time, said that in all his dealings he never met a wise woman. The only thing that could be worse than having a woman as the leader of any nation would be to have a boy king, and historically that has been proven time and time again. I am deeply concerned for the direction that our country is headed, and I am totally convinced that if a woman is elected as President of the USA, then we will have done a grave injustice to ourselves.

I am certain that I will receive tremendous pushback on this which only goes to show how we have been deceived by the rise of feminism over the past decades. There was a time in history when the Christian churches even preached on this topic from the pulpits of America, and it would have been unheard of to elect a woman as President. Sadly, in this age even the churches have been intimidated by the secular culture and are deathly afraid of being called out and cancelled for standing firm on this topic. Preachers are all but silent on the matter.....being afraid of losing their positions and having their church's non-profit status removed by the government and even being closed down for going against the culture and propagating so-called hate speech and intolerance. God's Word is the same yesterday, today and forever more, and HE is unchanging. For me, this is not a matter of opinion, but it's a question of obedience to God. As for me and my house, we will always serve the Lord and put Him and HIS WORD first in all of our decisions. 

In support of my position, I offer for your consumption an article that will explain my point further and offer Scripture references to support my claim. 

https://truthonlybible.com/2016/11/03/does-the-bible-allow-a-woman-to-be-president/

Your statement fails at the first hurdle; the entire world is not afraid to ask this ridiculous question. Around one third of UN member states have had female leadership. Fewer people than you would admit hold the position that a woman can't lead a country. Christendom be dammed for all its backwards BS.

Here we are in 2024 still being bombarded by the sexist and racist views of the members of a cult of death that leverages the worst human trait known, faith. Have you any idea how freaking ridiculous you are quoting king solomon? He might just have been a bit a douche. Remember cheeto-jesus calling the head of Germany stupid? You know, the woman with a PhD in quantum chemistry? 

Consider this, if jesus turned up again, dressed like a hippy, preaching brotherly love and care for 'the other', turning the other cheek and promoting universal healthcare, people like you would hand him over to ICE and claim he was bused in from a mental asylum. 

I really hope Harris wins and gives all you old gits heartburn.

I didn't read most of this thread.  Just my vote - I have no problem with a woman president.  I do not like the two candidates we have had to date (Hillary and Kamala) but that is more to do with their politics and qualities than gender.  If for example Condolezza Rice ran I'd be 100% OK with her as president. 

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, jimmybcool said:

I didn't read most of this thread.  Just my vote - I have no problem with a woman president.  I do not like the two candidates we have had to date (Hillary and Kamala) but that is more to do with their politics and qualities than gender.  If for example Condolezza Rice ran I'd be 100% OK with her as president. 

Condoleeza Rice would be unacceptable to many because of her status as a single woman. She reportedly had a cat named Sheba and co-owned a home with another female faculty member when she taught at Stanford. She is from Alabama and there are many people in the home state who will never vote for  anyone who has her pigmentation.

Message for the OP - you are not a Christian.

You are a bigot, whose ideas belong back in the Middle Ages.

Look at the alternative - a felon who flogs bibles without being able to quote a single verse from it. A sexual predator.

You are disgusting. FITH.

• Like 1

I thought the USA is made of people from many faiths... 

As for me, as long as her work is done in the kitchen, and the house is clean, I don't care what she does in her spare time. [just kidding before you get your undies in a stitch] 

Personally, I rule out listening to any deity, if he had 33 years to say owning other human beings is bad, but instead went off on tangents about gambling in church or spent his time doing parlor tricks with loaves of bread and fish. Penn and Teller can top whatever tricks that guy did.

If slavery is part of some Master Plan, maybe it's time for Plan B?

When I glance though what are considered by their various cults 'holy books', and I see I am more moral than anybody's deity, I realize the bar for deity is set really really low. Good thing the US Founders went out of their way to separate superstition from State.

By the way, "morality" emerges from civilization, not any deity's admonitions. I don't think Moses came down the mountain with his stone tablets and said, "Bad news, guys. No more killin' and stealin'."

Deities are only good for useless and superfluous rules, like demanding you worship them, thank them for everything, give them at least one day a week, or where you can or cannot put your male appendage.

Also, why all the fuss and fanfare about virgins, as many faiths champion them. I think too many guys are worried 'she' might know you aren't packing anything impressive down there. Frankly, when I was just entering the mating game as a teen, I remember what engaging with a virgin was like, and I would not want to experience that again. Give me a woman who knows what she likes and how best to achieve it.

Keep your own handmaiden barefoot and pregnant if you want, but in 2024 society has to be open to utilizing all of its resources, no matter what chromosome combo they have nor how genes express themselves in appearance.

Edited by Walker88