Big bike forced off road by car on Bangkok highway - video

snoop1130

image.jpeg

A dramatic incident occurred on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road in Bangkok when a big bike was forced off the road by a car and ended up in the median strip’s bushes. The shocking footage was captured and posted on TikTok by user @noeyjirawadee.

The incident, which happened yesterday, October 10, shows the motorbike rider travelling in the middle lane behind a car. As the bike attempts to overtake, the car suddenly veers to the right, either attempting a sudden lane change or intentionally pushing the bike off the lane. This caused the motorbike to fall, and the rider was thrown into the median strip filled with bushes.

The car involved, which is believed to be a silver MG ZS, sped off without stopping to check on the rider’s condition. Fortunately, the motorbike rider was not seriously injured and received help from other motorists.

“At first, I didn’t catch what happened. I didn’t think my dashcam would record the event. When I got home and reviewed the footage, I saw it all. Based on what I saw, the car that hit the bike was a silver MG ZS (couldn’t see the licence plate). I want to send the clip to the motorbike rider, in case it helps. I feel guilty for not getting their contact number right away.”

The video shows the big bike riding steadily on the road until the abrupt manoeuvre by the car caused the collision. The rider, although shaken, managed to escape with minor injuries. The incident has garnered significant attention online, with many viewers expressing outrage over the car driver’s reckless behaviour and the subsequent hit-and-run.

Community members and viewers are encouraged to share any information they might have about the incident, particularly concerning the silver MG ZS, to assist in the investigation, reported KhaoSod.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

@noeyjirawadee ทีแรกมองไม่ทัน ไม่คิดว่ากล้องรถตัวเองจะเห็นเหตุการณ์ พอกลับบ้านมาย้อนดูถึงรู้ว่าถ่ายไว้ได้ทั้งหมด จากที่เห็นคาดการณ์ว่ารถยนต์คันที่ชนคือ MG ZS สีเงิน (มองไม่เห็นป้ายทะเบียน) อยากส่งคลิปให้พี่มอไซค์ครับ เผื่อจะช่วยอะไรได้บ้าง แอบรู้สึกผิดที่ไม่ได้ลงไปขอเบอร์ไว้ตั้งแต่แรก🥺 #รถชน #อุบัติเหตุ #วิภาวดี #รังสิต #มอเตอร์ไซค์ #รถยนต์ #ตามหาคนในคลิป ♬ คนใจสู้ - ซี ดาหลา & วงริสแบนด์

Source: The Thaiger

-- 2024-10-11

news-footer-3.png

image.png

1 minute ago, Watawattana said:

Attempted murder. 

I'm not so sure - it looks more like an utter idiot attempting to make a quick lane change and had no idea the bike was next to them. 

Regardless - the driver was a total ayhole for driving off like that - should get a ban for dangerous driving and fleeing the scene of an accident. 

Another point: I think motorcycles and not permitted in the central lanes (3 lanes in either direction) on Vibhavadi Ransit Rd.

There are a couple of problems here.

The motorcycle rider is illegally riding on that street. 

This means any car driver should (legally) not have to worry about motorcycles.

The car driver changes the lane. Probably he saw the car behind the motorcycle, and if he paid attention, then he knows that that car was in that position for "some time".

Unfortunately, with the blind/dead angle in most mirrors, the driver did not see the motorcycle rider in the mirror.

And, legally it was not possible that a motorcycle suddenly appeared in that place on the road.

So, I think there is a lot of blame on the motorcycle rider. And I say this as someone who rides motorcycle all the time, including on that road.

Personally, I try to ride with my bike so that I am as little as possible in any place which is in that dead angle of mirrors. Because anybody who ever drive a car and looked at that dead angle knows that there is a lot of space to put a bike and even a car and looking in the mirror, we just don't see it. That's the reason why we learn in driving school to turn our head. 

• Agree 1