Internet connection

11 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Can you please tell us what is the 4G+ router you have, or show us a picture maybe?  50 MBPS is quite good enough for most people!

Please, Mbps, not MBps. There's an 8 fold difference.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, CanadaSam said:

Thanks, Bradiston, please explain, I thought both meant Mega Bytes Per Second, or am I wrong?

Mb is Megabit. MB is Megabyte. There are 8 bits in one byte. It's called an 8 bit word. Each bit can have a 0 or 1 value. Binary system!

• Thanks 1

https://www.nperf.com/en/map/TH/1153269.Hua-Hin/19345.AIS-Mobile/signal?ll=13.373587513919782&lg=101.12091064453126&zoom=8

Hopefully this link works.  I randomly chose Hua Hin to generate the link, but the map can be zoomed out, moved and re-zoomed in to the user's preferred place. I found it a useful comparison tool when choosing a supplier when I was looking.  I found one supplier that was pretty useless in my area so was able to avoid them.

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2024 at 9:14 AM, NowNow said:

Unlikely. Plus there is no more NT Thunder 12 months. 1,3 & 6 month SIM are being phased out.

Is this confirmed?  I thought I spotted annual ones back on sale from a supplier I've used before (as well as a couple I haven't) although they haven't reappeared on the official sales page.

https://www.lazada.co.th//products/i2482654262-s22861344002.html

Just now, treetops said:

Is this confirmed?  I thought I spotted annual ones back on sale from a supplier I've used before (as well as a couple I haven't) although they haven't reappeared on the official sales page.

https://www.lazada.co.th//products/i2482654262-s22861344002.html

That's a different product, with a different name.

200GB monthly limit and then slowing down to 1Mbps.

2 minutes ago, NowNow said:

That's a different product, with a different name.

200GB monthly limit and then slowing down to 1Mbps.

OK, thanks I hadn't picked up on all the details.

Still seems good value and seems to indicate they aren't losing the frequency band, which was mentioned in another thread as the reason for the discontinuation of the original product.

2 minutes ago, treetops said:

Still seems good value and seems to indicate they aren't losing the frequency band, which was mentioned in another thread as the reason for the discontinuation of the original product.

It's their band, but they have an agreement with DTAC and get to use the infrastructure under it.

4 minutes ago, treetops said:

In addition, it looks to be a white label product, a kind of pseudo-MVNO. Rather than dealing directly with NT.

On 10/12/2024 at 11:51 AM, KhunBENQ said:

I once had a DTAC one year SIM. On the road it had more outages than the AIS (GOMO) that I have now.

My DTAC annual SIM has had very few outages ever.

On 10/16/2024 at 6:47 PM, bradiston said:

Mb is Megabit. MB is Megabyte. There are 8 bits in one byte. It's called an 8 bit word. Each bit can have a 0 or 1 value. Binary system!

I know it is confusing. Internet and transfer speeds are usually quoted in Mb/s, whereas storage is in MB or GB or TB.

I get 1 Mb/s internet from 3BB, not always that but quite good, and save my data on a 1TB SSD.

11 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I know it is confusing. Internet and transfer speeds are usually quoted in Mb/s, whereas storage is in MB or GB or TB.

I get 1 Mb/s internet from 3BB, not always that but quite good, and save my data on a 1TB SSD.

I think you are getting more than 1 Mbps from 3BB. 1 Gbps perhaps?

Edited by Mutt Daeng

15 hours ago, KannikaP said:

That is just people around here being too anal.  Stating the speed is always assumed Mb even if someone types it as MBPS or whatever.

Edited by shdmn
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, shdmn said:

That is just people around here being too anal.  Stating the speed is always assumed Mb even if someone types it as MBPS or whatever.

See my apology above. 1 Gb/s from 3BB.