Its too expensive I may leave

When you started sniffing the women patients bedpans all went up$hit river from then on G boy! Give up, go awol, overstay, hit the slops and the skids, you will be  GGJohndoe by xmas!? Keep us regularly posted tho, loving the story so far!! 

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes today I will visit two new doctor clinics 

I noticed there is a new one now in Jomtien , opposite the complex area 

Beautiful looking white & blue colours 

I took a picture 

Running out of PrEP or PEP. or need an antibiotic shot?

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

How do you afford to retire you guys who only have a small Government pension ??

As I have pointed out numerous times. Retiring abroad is not something that is possible for everyone, and has never been. Also never going to be. There are people that are saving, investing, have good education and work as well as take out extra retirement savings plans. Here we have the different groups who can afford to live in comfort abroad without worries.

There are no, or only dumb people living on fantasy clouds that are trying to retire in Thailand on only a small government pension. That goes for Australians and all other nationalities as well. To retire abroad on only such income is not possible or just foolish. People who wish to retire abroad need savings and side incomes. Alternatively, just be rich!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

What do you mean 2.20. out?

Does anyone know the answer please !

If I received 2173 baht for $100 how much would 100 baht he in Australian dollars?

Is this the same person that keeps going on about how analytical and academic he is and he only wants intelligent people to answer his posts 😆 

How do you not know such simple math as:

100 ÷ 21.73 = $4.60

Btw if you go to a TT Exchange today you can get 2217 baht for A$100 so 44 baht more than the exchange you use giving 2173

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Shocked tonight to cash my Australian dollars to get a lousy 21.73 , 2173 baht  $100

Can someone please calculate maybe a mathematical expert how much is 100 baht in AUD please !

Now I have been advised by another visitor in my hotel to go to Vietnam that's where he is moving to 

Please how do you Australian expats survive on old age pension here when prices here in Thailand are comparable to Australian prices after the exchange 

I paid nearly $6 for a 6 inch subway ,same price in Australia 

Gone are the days of buying cheap shoes and clothing here in Thailand 

Nearly $5 for a pair of thongs and I don't mean underwear! Please !

The thongs that go on your feet 

Is Vietnam cheaper,I still have 3 weeks to go on my work leave , I feel like I should go back to Australia where it's cheaper .what an expensive place 

How do you afford to retire you guys who only have a small Government pension ??

Why don't you look up the exchange rate on the internet....spot rates are there for almost all currencies. 

You are right Thailand has become very expensive indeed....only labour is cheap and accommodation which was very cheap has crept up. I spend less than 179 days a year in Thailand and the rest in my second home where better quality goods and food cost much less than Thailand. 

I am shocked that you are still working....by your posts I imagined you were about 80 years old.

2 hours ago, G_Money said:

“your transphobic & Islamophobia “

What makes you think that?

Who cares about transphobic? Not me that's for sure. He can be anything he wants.

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
16 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

with the millions of bigger spending Chinese and Russians here now  I doubt any of the Thais will notice the thrifty Aussies pensioners are missing.

I certainly won’t miss them.

Hear, hear

Crikey, I think this is the first time I've ever seen you agree with someone. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Thankyou for sympathy 

You could always donate me a few drinks in a bar 

The first thing to do if you are poor,  stop drinking, it may prevent you from making bad decisions leading you further down in poverty. 

2 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Been saying all this for the past 4-5 years on this forum and laughed at, it all came out so far to be true once again. Last but not least the only thing Thailand really had VS others was the nightlife and girls, that also kind of died + huge inflation. Oh yeah and the street food but also removed + expensive + small portions.

Nightlife hasn't died and street food portions are the same size for years, prices similar to pre-covid, try somewhere else in Thailand

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Shocked tonight to cash my Australian dollars to get a lousy 21.73 , 2173 baht  $100

Can someone please calculate maybe a mathematical expert how much is 100 baht in AUD please !

How much pension will you receive , then we can work out whether you would be able to afford to live in Thailand and where .