If Trump is re-elected what does it say about the I.Q of the average American?

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

The U.S. Electoral College doesn’t inherently favor one party by design, but in practice, it has recently benefited Republicans due to their strength in smaller, less populous states that are overrepresented relative to their populations.

So I imagine there will be zero appetite from the GPO to change anything if Trump wins

The devolved nature of the Electoral College also makes it more vulnerable to manipulation. 

I am sure that wasn't the design either, but as we saw in 2020 and will most certainly see again this time, if there are "bad faith actors" then it is vulnerable 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

The devolved nature of the Electoral College also makes it more vulnerable to manipulation. 

How so? 

7 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I am sure that wasn't the design either, but as we saw in 2020 and will most certainly see again this time, if there are "bad faith actors" then it is vulnerable 

Why are you sure that wasn’t the design? 

Are you against each state running its own elections? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/18/2024 at 4:47 PM, WDSmart said:

I'm an American and a US citizen. The most disappointing thing for me about Trump is that so many people (45% or more of voters)  support him. I don't know if they really agree with everything he says or if they are just angry and dissatisfied with their lives and have just been conned by him. Whichever it is, it's very problematic to think there is any hope for my home country going forward. 🥹

or just say that 45% of the population is stupid. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, NickyLouie said:

This really comes down to how stupid Kamala Harris (Joe Biden) supporters are.

Utterly shocking how gullible democratic voters have been.

Harris is not stupid, and the Democrats are generally not gullible. She just cannot answer a question without losing votes. 

Democrats want open borders, mass illegal immigration, more DEI,  higher taxes, more giveaways, men in girls’ showers and sports, and that is what Harris will provide.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NickyLouie said:

This really comes down to how stupid Kamala Harris (Joe Biden) supporters are.

Utterly shocking how gullible democratic voters have been.

Too bad we didn't catch up at either the Harvard or Stanford Alumni Weekend, eh? There's regional Mensa gatherings, so maybe there? We can do an Extra Krispy KFC bucket in honor of the felon (if he's not working the fry station at Macs after his upcoming November defeat, or already working laundry detail at Leavenworth).

Incidentally, the felon owns the older, non-college educated white male demographic, which is to say the kind of person the modern economy has obviated. For those with skills and talents, things have never been better. In fact, things have been so good, the successful---mostly Blue States---have been able to carry the loser Red States, funding States like TN, KY and WV's largest "employer": Social Security Disability Insurance, even when it's fraudulently claimed.

Those of us not beholden on other successful people to fund a mouth-breather lifestyle, have enjoyed what Biden-Harris have done:

---Highest economic growth since the late 1990s under Bill Clinton

---3 times the growth rate of the average G7 economy since 2020

---Highest rate of job growth ever

---First new domestic chip plants being built in decades

---Actual infrastructure improvements

---800,000 new manufacturing jobs

---Record stock market

---UE lowered from the 6.8% level the felon left behind

---End of the Recession the felon left behind

Now if somehow the felon wins and kicks out the kind of undocumented workers he employed at Mar-a-Lago and Bedminster, maybe there's a room cleaning or strawberry-picking job for you. It's even possible you could print and bind his Bible, lace his golden sneakers, or build those watches----but only if he moves production to the US from its current Chinese sourcing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't read the first 15 pages of petty bickering in this thread, so here are my thoughts as to why 45 or 46% of the US population will vote for Trump.  First let me show you a graph:

spacer.png

The Gini coefficient shows the level of economic inequality in a society, it is closely related to the amount of poverty.  During the 1930s (the great depression) the Gini coefficient was quite high. 

From 1945 to about 1980, the Gini coefficient was under .38.  Since then it has been over 40 and is only rising. 

Many Trump voters are older and remember the good old days, which I would refer to as the "US Golden Age", from 1945 to about 1980 or even 1990, when life was much more affordable for almost everyone.  Now the US has become a much more economically stratified society and the people who remember this "US Golden Age"  are tempted to vote for Trump, falsely believing that he will return them to the idyllic age of the mid-twentieth century. 

The sad truth is that the US Golden Age didn't end because of dark-skinned immigrants, or woke LGTQ... people, or the end of predominant Christianity, it ended because the the unbridled greed of the top 1% and a complicit congress that aided them in the endless pursuit of wealth.  Trump is one of the 1% and his tax breaks only made matters worse.  He may win the culture wars, but his followers will end up betrayed and broke.

To be honest, I don't think that Harris is much better, but after voting for Bernie a few times, I don't really see much hope for the future of the US regardless of who wins.

19 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Too bad we didn't catch up at either the Harvard or Stanford Alumni Weekend, eh? There's regional Mensa gatherings, so maybe there? We can do an Extra Krispy KFC bucket in honor of the felon (if he's not working the fry station at Macs after his upcoming November defeat, or already working laundry detail at Leavenworth).

Incidentally, the felon owns the older, non-college educated white male demographic, which is to say the kind of person the modern economy has obviated. For those with skills and talents, things have never been better. In fact, things have been so good, the successful---mostly Blue States---have been able to carry the loser Red States, funding States like TN, KY and WV's largest "employer": Social Security Disability Insurance, even when it's fraudulently claimed.

Those of us not beholden on other successful people to fund a mouth-breather lifestyle, have enjoyed what Biden-Harris have done:

---Highest economic growth since the late 1990s under Bill Clinton

---3 times the growth rate of the average G7 economy since 2020

---Highest rate of job growth ever

---First new domestic chip plants being built in decades

---Actual infrastructure improvements

---800,000 new manufacturing jobs

---Record stock market

---UE lowered from the 6.8% level the felon left behind

---End of the Recession the felon left behind

Now if somehow the felon wins and kicks out the kind of undocumented workers he employed at Mar-a-Lago and Bedminster, maybe there's a room cleaning or strawberry-picking job for you. It's even possible you could print and bind his Bible, lace his golden sneakers, or build those watches----but only if he moves production to the US from its current Chinese sourcing.

Wow, you seem to have a really high IQ, you must be a leftist, yes? 

As such, you support “…open borders, mass illegal immigration, more DEI,  higher taxes, more giveaways, men in girls’ showers and sports, and that is what Harris will provide.”, correct? 

I understand how mass illegal immigration benefits the rich, but can you explain how it benefits the working poor and middle class?

To me it seems like they put downward pressure on wages, upward pressure housing prices and over burden *schools, hospitals, government benefits and social services. 

*Not in rich neighborhoods of course. 

10 minutes ago, Callmeishmael said:

I didn't read the first 15 pages of petty bickering in this thread, so here are my thoughts as to why 45 or 46% of the US population will vote for Trump.  First let me show you a graph:

spacer.png

The Gini coefficient shows the level of economic inequality in a society, it is closely related to the amount of poverty.  During the 1930s (the great depression) the Gini coefficient was quite high. 

From 1945 to about 1980, the Gini coefficient was under .38.  Since then it has been over 40 and is only rising. 

Many Trump voters are older and remember the good old days, which I would refer to as the "US Golden Age", from 1945 to about 1980 or even 1990, when life was much more affordable for almost everyone.  Now the US has become a much more economically stratified society and the people who remember this "US Golden Age"  are tempted to vote for Trump, falsely believing that he will return them to the idyllic age of the mid-twentieth century. 

The sad truth is that the US Golden Age didn't end because of dark-skinned immigrants, or woke LGTQ... people, or the end of predominant Christianity, it ended because the the unbridled greed of the top 1% and a complicit congress that aided them in the endless pursuit of wealth.  Trump is one of the 1% and his tax breaks only made matters worse.  He may win the culture wars, but his followers will end up betrayed and broke.

To be honest, I don't think that Harris is much better, but after voting for Bernie a few times, I don't really see much hope for the future of the US regardless of who wins.

When did people in the US start being greedy?

Why is it greedy for one to try and keep their money, but not greedy for another group to try and take that money? 

Does anyone really believe that the government having more money will improve life for middle class Americans? If so, how?