Tell me why Pattaya to BKK by his

georgegeorgia

14 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I remember the good ole days when I thought it was cool to ride songtowhs

It's still cool. 

I've got a few Aussie mates come visit every year.

The boys like packing a few beers in the esky and go cruising, always a pretty chick to checkout on your journey. 🍺

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It's still cool. 

I've got a few Aussie mates come visit every year.

The boys like packing a few beers in the esky and go cruising, always a pretty chick to checkout on your journey. 🍺

You're talking joy riding in a private one. I can see that being fun.

10 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

You're talking joy riding in a private one. I can see that being fun.

No, the boys hop on the 10 baht public baht buses on beach road. 

They behave themselves. 

They also like to rent a side car motorbike, pack the esky, get the girlfriend to drive and go cruising around town. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/18/2024 at 8:25 AM, georgegeorgia said:

One of my interests is why people travel from Pattaya to Bangkok to save a pittance 

Again this morning in my Hotel I watched a retired couple from the USA complete with pushing their luggage bags order a Grab to take them to the North Pattaya bus station to go to Bangkok 

I actually heard him say to the reception would he have to order another Grab when he got to Bangkok to go to the hotel there or could they get the SkyTrain 

I'm thinking why? Why don't you just pay 1200 baht for a taxi car door to door ?

How much are you saving ,so let's look at it.

Grab probably 70-90  baht to bus station 

Bus to Bangkok 200 baht each ?

Then when they get to Bangkok another Grab -150-200 baht ?

So they saved 600 baht 

Please tell me if that's worth it and why do you travel by bus 

On 10/18/2024 at 8:25 AM, georgegeorgia said:

The bus ride to BKK from Pattaya is a very pleasant experience. If you're staying near Ekkamae, it makes total sense.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

And if using Bell bus service they send a mini van to your hotel and pick you up and take you to the North Pattaya bus station and there you take their bus to the airport.  Or of course just hop on a moto taxi .  I only have one carry on that is very portable and the bus works fine for me.  It is part of the experience even after 15 visits

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

The OP claims in another post that Thailand is too expensive for him.

Why the hell don't you just up and move to Cambodia then? Or Vietnam?

Stop with the sob stories here mate.

He doesn't even live here, he's just on holiday whereby every time he comes he complains about everything. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do a 4 night stay trip to Bangkok every month. Jomtien Airport Bus - Airport Rail Link - MRT to hotel which is across the road from the station. I find it an easy journey, reliable service and the cost saving over taking a taxi pays for half the hotel cost. Makes perfect sense for me.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

The OP claims in another post that Thailand is too expensive for him.

Why the hell don't you just up and move to Cambodia then? Or Vietnam?

Stop with the sob stories here mate.

Yes I'm a  very poor old man ,lucky I have members on here who drove me from Jomtien to Pattaya recently, complete with my Zimmer frame on the back of their motorbike and me hanging onto it ...another member here took me to the Buffet where we filled up the containers to take back to our rooms 

3 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

You proceed from a false assumption.  Many do not travel that way just to save a pittance.  Many just ravel that way for many reasons.

In my case, I only have a light carry on and I enjoy a bus ride and looking out the window.  The bus from pattaya north station to Ekamai is fine with me and gets me to a BTS station.  I am never in a hurry when on vacation.  I rarely have a hotel in mind and in advance and would always want to see the exact room first before I pay.  Also, often I am just wanting to get to or near a BTS station as I then poke around Bangkok.  And since the rail links opened and I am in no hurry I am quite content to take the bus then to the BTS and the rail link to the BKK airport.  I of course have taken a taxi a few times from my Pattaya hotel to the BKK airport if my flight is an early one or a late one and the busses are not running. But the last 7 trips I plan ahead and book flights that arrive and depart during the daytime when busses are running

Cheap Charlie

14 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Your praise for the bus is laughable.  First off, if you want a  guaranteed seat,  the cost is  Fare 143 THB + Online Service Charge 25 THB for Total  168 THB

I've not had a problem   just turning up "early" at the station and buying a ticket at the counter  143 baht  each way.

I drove my car and parked directly opposite the bus station on the road and it was still there when we got back.

On the way back from the Swampypoom  we

( wife and I)  did have to wait an hour as we just missed the previous bus  so we went to the food court  in which they can sell beer at all times even during the Ork Pansa  and other religious holidays..the trip "home" as always seemed much quicker than the trip out.

Roong_Reung_Tour.jpg.71a206ff93f6e9b5a891a1ce28d3602b.jpg

from Pattaya they don't care about seat numbers 

( see the scrubbed out number wasn't me)

just sit wherever you want first come first served...on the way back they did issue seat numbers so we sat  in those seats.

Edited by johng

5 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

In my case, I only have a light carry on and I enjoy a bus ride and looking out the window.  The bus from pattaya north station to Ekamai is fine with me and gets me to a BTS station. 

And I'm sure you're smart enough to get off at Udom Suk to save yourself from 20-30 mins of SukV Traffic 🙂 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thanks 1

They are smart those  Americans:)

and it’s good they take a solid Grab , not Bolt with lousy management who are never customer friendly and who we never support  riders,

The  Estonian company with American investors     use mostly  aggressive rude drivers, some  with criminal background, especially in Pattaya .

Bolt allow them use their  app and make  rides for Bolt with  fake car/motobike  plates.
Some Bolt  drivers even   threaten  customers if they don’t get tips or question their unsafe driving.

.When the complain is submitted , usually customers get silly  AI bot chat. it’s absolutely meaningless to complain to Bolt via chat:))

The complainers usually get low rating in app if they complain a couple of times to Bolt..

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

...another member here took me to the Buffet where we filled up the containers to take back to our rooms 

Party dude 🥳

Can I come next time, I'll bring the red Fanta and cup cakes 🙏

Please 

3 hours ago, johng said:

we just missed the previous bus  so we went to the food court  in which they can sell beer at all times even during the Ork Pansa  and other religious holidays

This would interest some of the AN members here who complain about the Buddha days not selling alcohol. 

These guys could hang out at the Suvarnabhumi food court. 

I regularly see many foreigners hanging out at Big C Extra food court. Lonely guys, hanging out all day with other foreigners. Kinda sad really, come to Thailand to live and sit in the food court all day talking to other foreigners. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes I'm a  very poor old man ,lucky I have members on here who drove me from Jomtien to Pattaya recently, complete with my Zimmer frame on the back of their motorbike and me hanging onto it ...another member here took me to the Buffet where we filled up the containers to take back to our rooms 

That's what pals are for Georgie. Don't let the sad old galoots on here get you down.

8 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

The bus from pattaya north station to Ekamai is fine with me and gets me to a BTS station.

How fast is regular bus? How early is the first one? Tnx

3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

And I'm sure you're smart enough to get off at Udom Suk to save yourself from 20-30 mins of SukV Traffic

Thank you - that's good info!

I just started to learn how to use bus, BTS, Metro etc plus how to get there early from Jomtien to catch flights from DMK.

24 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

That's what pals are for Georgie. Don't let the sad old galoots on here get you down.

Thankyou EK 

I enjoyed our time together the other day where you showed me how to fill up the plastic containers without getting caught 

27 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

This would interest some of the AN members here who complain about the Buddha days not selling alcohol. 

These guys could hang out at the Suvarnabhumi food court.

Ha Ha  well its kind of an option  but there are other options much nearer

to the Jomtien Bus station  along the Jomtien beach road  I'll not name the shop as I want to keep using their very good services  of alcohol at every time albeit sometimes disguised in a black plastic bag.