Koh Samui Villas Encounter Demolition Delay as Legal Dispute Unfolds

webfact

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Foiled in their efforts, municipal official Pallop filed a formal report with Bo Phut Police Station to escalate the situation legally. Meanwhile, the Fourth Army Area Command underscored an urgent need to enforce administrative protocols, maintaining that the villas must eventually face lawful dismantling.

I wonder who the developer is?

Back in 2009 I accompanied my then accountant to the municipal buildings on Samui in order to obtain a yellow house book and pink card the conversation was in thai my accountant ushered me to the exit door and on leaving the building she informed me I could obtain the documents if I coughed up 25,000 baht  I obviously refused as I knew what the actual cost was , which depending on provenance can be between 200 and 500 baht . I no longer live on Samui I have my yellow book and pink card which cost me less than 500 baht . This case could go on for the next 20 years unless a financial settlement can be reached !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Back in 2009 I accompanied my then accountant to the municipal buildings on Samui in order to obtain a yellow house book and pink card the conversation was in thai my accountant ushered me to the exit door and on leaving the building she informed me I could obtain the documents if I coughed up 25,000 baht  I obviously refused as I knew what the actual cost was , which depending on provenance can be between 200 and 500 baht . I no longer live on Samui I have my yellow book and pink card which cost me less than 500 baht . This case could go on for the next 20 years unless a financial settlement can be reached !

Unfortunately, it is common practice in Thailand that many civil servants wanted an extra payment for their services, which goes straight into there own pockets.