Public health should be distrusted - the return of mask mandates...

A 'hitting the nail straight on the head' short article by dr Vinay PRASAD, commenting on the return of mask mandates in some US counties.

image.png.c5fe132b67949c6212860418c291d674.png

Source: https://www.drvinayprasad.com/p/public-health-should-be-distrusted

= = =

Starting Nov 1, a number of Bay area counties will reimplement mask mandates. A 2 year old will soon be forced to mask in the gift shop of a hospital in Santa Clara county for example.

d2bfe4ad-8732-481c-bf60-3df38712df56_1007x974.thumb.webp.f1ebfcf83e3067b20002b59681ab502b.webp.5588586a02650d9521c564cba766db8d.webp

We should be very worried about the role and accountability of public health.

First, to be clear, there is no high level evidence this policy slows the spread of respiratory viruses either in hospitals or in communities.

Second, there appears to be no justification for why this starts Nov 1. The summer covid bump has recently subsided, and there is nothing magical about November.

Third, there appears to be no consideration for the harms of the policy, including dehumanization, loss of morale and trust in public health.

Fourth, it is no coincidence that the counties and locales doing this are extremely left of center. Masking is a delusion that has captured the left.

What can we do?

Guidelines typically have a carve out for people who can't tolerate masks, and last I checked that can be any of us. I would encourage people to develop an intolerance to masks. It's fair to say that kids aren't able to do it.

Next. I think you should write to your politicians and public health departments and demand they provide evidence for this policy.

Third. Take your business elsewhere. There are lots of hospitals that give second opinions, no need to go to Stanford.

Fourth. If you work in a hospital, hold a conference to discuss the evidence for these policies.

Many lament loss of trust in public health but lately I have come to think it might be a good thing. If public health means arbitrarily imposing restrictions even on young people with no credible data, and no plans to generate that data, then it should not be taken seriously.

= = =

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

A 'hitting the nail straight on the head' short article by dr Vinay PRASAD, commenting on the return of mask mandates in some US counties.

image.png.c5fe132b67949c6212860418c291d674.png

Source: https://www.drvinayprasad.com/p/public-health-should-be-distrusted

= = =

Starting Nov 1, a number of Bay area counties will reimplement mask mandates. A 2 year old will soon be forced to mask in the gift shop of a hospital in Santa Clara county for example.

d2bfe4ad-8732-481c-bf60-3df38712df56_1007x974.thumb.webp.f1ebfcf83e3067b20002b59681ab502b.webp.5588586a02650d9521c564cba766db8d.webp

We should be very worried about the role and accountability of public health.

First, to be clear, there is no high level evidence this policy slows the spread of respiratory viruses either in hospitals or in communities.

Second, there appears to be no justification for why this starts Nov 1. The summer covid bump has recently subsided, and there is nothing magical about November.

Third, there appears to be no consideration for the harms of the policy, including dehumanization, loss of morale and trust in public health.

Fourth, it is no coincidence that the counties and locales doing this are extremely left of center. Masking is a delusion that has captured the left.

What can we do?

Guidelines typically have a carve out for people who can't tolerate masks, and last I checked that can be any of us. I would encourage people to develop an intolerance to masks. It's fair to say that kids aren't able to do it.

Next. I think you should write to your politicians and public health departments and demand they provide evidence for this policy.

Third. Take your business elsewhere. There are lots of hospitals that give second opinions, no need to go to Stanford.

Fourth. If you work in a hospital, hold a conference to discuss the evidence for these policies.

Many lament loss of trust in public health but lately I have come to think it might be a good thing. If public health means arbitrarily imposing restrictions even on young people with no credible data, and no plans to generate that data, then it should not be taken seriously.

= = =

free masks.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't have much trust to begin with, but now, I really don't believe anything they (govt & health advisors, all acronyms) state anymore.

If covid didn't prove that to the world, then there really are some really stupid MF'ers out there.

Really is no other way to state it, and the stupidity goes way beyond ignorance.

I'm seriously starting to believe their goal is to depopulate, while making billions of $$$ along the way ... IMHO

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1