Analysts Predict Baht Decline if Trump Wins US Presidency

webfact

5 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Let’s hope he wins then. We could all do with that extra 0.66 😂

Baht is still WAAAAYY overpriced. The real value (yes it is propped up—look who’s moving monies around) is somewhere around 40. 

lol clueless

Thailand has one of the biggest foreign currency reserves in the world last time I checked they were 11th

If they didnt keep selling the currency on the open forex market deliberately to weaken it to keep in line with import/export requirements (and tourism) which they're perfectly entitled to do it would be around 30

5 hours ago, G_Money said:

Look up in sky!  Is it a bird?  No!

Is it a plane?  No!

The sky is falling!  Again.

If a baht or two determines your financial well being in Thailand, one has bigger issues.

Yes, those who live on a shoestring and whine about a 5 baht difference in beer prices have big issues.

• Agree 1

Analysts Predict Baht Decline if Trump Wins US Presidency

Many of us would like to see that the Thb depreciates to the level that  we got before  like  say  2012 we were getting 33 Thb per AUS $ 

Now we get Thb  22 per AUS $

Problable will never see that again.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, nauseus said:

How are rate cuts supposed to support the dollar? Why does K Bank reckon that Trump will spend more than the Dems?

Hopeless analysis. 

They will try anything to make a Trump win look negative for everyone.

The strength of the baht essentially means that my income has gone down £100 a month in recent months. Unless that gets better my tenant is in for a real shock next year !

I see many Americans on here and many people saying how they want Harris to win due to a hatred of Trump - be interesting to know if those saying this are actually residing here on in the states. Voting for your fellow americans back home to live under a lefty utopia seems selfish to me