The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

yes always nice to get a win, but my heart went out to them. what a shit week those guys have had

10 pts deducted, losing capt and then leading goalscorer to injury, a player gets a red and then losing 2-0.

And a very big up to 200 ish darlo fans that made the nasty trip down.

well macca lad looking good for mid table at the mo

and mr b jangles, look out were gonna be right behind you

In reference to yesterday city played 3 5 2 up to around 65 and at 0-0

manager changed to 4 3 3

darlo seemingly didnt have enough to cope with switch and

eventually won comfortably 2-0

tisdale , as ive said b4 a v v smart manager.

mr bj and rijit feeling good today,no doubt,as Rochdale are now 2nd

I'll be happy as long as you stay there, rijit :D

well mr bojangles, looks like the Rochdale v Exeter game at the end of the month could well decide exactly where we both are.

I suspect youre mob will be well up for it, considering the result down in Exeter

not the best day in youre season. :o !!

mr bj and rijit feeling good today,no doubt,as Rochdale are now 2nd

I'll be happy as long as you stay there, rijit :D

well mr bojangles, looks like the Rochdale v Exeter game at the end of the month could well decide exactly where we both are.

I suspect youre mob will be well up for it, considering the result down in Exeter

not the best day in youre season. :o !!

Yeah, i can't remember anyone else beating us as convincingly, this season. Pay back time :D

[Yeah, i can't remember anyone else beating us as convincingly, this season. Pay back time :o

Seem to remember that the scoreline wasn't a true reflection of the game,and you were in it for longer than not.

Interesting what our new signing midfielder Russell said about his debut in the local rag today.

after darlo keeper veteran oakes pulled off a save described by ex city player jimmy giles on the radio as in the top 2/3 saves hes ever seen at

exeter. we were 1-0 up and his save stopped a stonewall certainty 2-0

Russell reckoned he was the only one of our team that thought the miss could cost us.

Its that winning/strong mentality, that tisdales installed, plus a flexible hungry squad, add that next to his tactical nous, Backed up by stevey

Perryman, makes exeter a dificult team

to handle.

big tester 2 nite as shrewsbury. Simpson , imo, a good lower/mid league manager.

Edited by rijit

big tester 2 nite as shrewsbury. Simpson , imo, a good lower/mid league manager.

rijit,

Nah,your lads should be OK for at least a point.......Shrewsbury going through a bit of a dodgy spell at the moment.

In the last month....Exeter 4 Macc 0 Macc 3 Shrewsbury 0.

I reckon your lads will shade it 2-1 even though its at Shrewsbury.

Also Barnet v Rochdale......should be 3 more points for mr.bj's men

Bradford v Macc.....I'd be ecstatic with a point there.

CHEERS MACCA, lets hope u r right. AND LETS HOPE THAT WIN AT THE WEEKEND TURNS THE CORNER FOR YOU, AND ITS NOW A PUSH FOR MID TABLE, RATHER Than thoughts of relegation. And you are right shrews are going through a dodgy time and Although I rate Simpson, hes come out strongly about their performance against you

which, at such a crucial part of the season seems a little to late to be berating the players after all they've got him so far and if what he says , that they have no faith in themselves, well to me thats the managers responsibility to install that belief. strange one.

Bradford v macca, toughie, imo prob biggest game of the season in terms of ground fan base ect ect, they really shouldn't be i this division. good luck

On paper should be a win for rochdale, though Barnet got some good pros and if the right barnet turn up they can match most.

It's funny how we are all nice and civilised in this thread. But in the Prem League teams threads, it can get purrty nasty :o

Its good and I must admit it was really noticeable when city went down to the conference, all the other clubs in the con were SO friendly, welcomed you to their grounds, invited you into the supporters clubs, REALLY REALLY Nice, seems like the clubs and fans in div 2 now as well seem to recognize and empathize with the problems surrounding running a smaller club as most have experienced them as well.And if he follows a similar size team then they have a mutual respect and interest ,ie FOOTBALL. God its so boring listening to arsenal fans bleating, were having such a shit time,and liverpool fans complaining that theyve not won the prem for How long!! god they are so spoilt. I wonder if many prem fans acually are footie fans or are they as much attracted to the glitz and the glamour that the prem promotes and encourrages as they are the footie. this nuvo type of fans emergance was a factor in me not going to white hart lane week in week out, not the only factor but one of them.

Hmmmm.shows how much I know.Thats why I'm mid table mediocrity in the Predictions League !

Not a bad point for Exeter I spose but disappointing for Macc and despair for Dale.

But in the Championship another great win for Forest over high flying Preston.....wheres chavy ? Not heard from him for ages.Not being detained by Immigration is he ? :o

The reaction on exeweb, cities chat forum is that going into the game most would have taken a draw, but having missed yet another pen in the first half, most are looking at a draw as 2 points dropped. however not a great performance apparently. managers changes, I fell asleep just after he did them, yet again making the difference. macca lad, many will fare worse at Bradford, we went in 1 nil up at h/t in control and lost 4-1. we beat Barnet at home but apparently didn't deserve to. so no biggies, but its still not good to lose. Onwards and upwards.

:D:o

Come on Moonrakers, I'm sure Danny Wilson will turn it around for Swindon, he's a good operator at that level. Good article on Swindon in Four Four Two this month, who BTW now sponsor the Robins.

I hope im not talking too soon, but looking at the table I think Rotherham are now safe from the drop. Im still very P_ssed off at the FA for the -17 point start they gave us, if it wasn't for that we would be a point off the playoffs with 5 games in hand. Im happy for bournemouth also as they have climbed out of the bottom 2 and they had the same -17 as us at the start. maybe -30 was just too much for luton though. Another game postponed last night for Rotherham due to bad weather, going to be an hectic end to the season games wise.

yes thai miller, youve had a really good season, its all down to wedge look what happened to west ham, if you had the legal budget they have got, nothing would have happened, And like you im pleased for Bournemouth, but saying that went there earlier in the season with exeter, and thought the club had a feeling of that they were going to struggle with or without the points deduction. Dont get that feel with you even with the financial situ. weve all been there and its no fun good luck for the rest of the season.

I hope im not talking too soon, but looking at the table I think Rotherham are now safe from the drop. Im still very P_ssed off at the FA for the -17 point start they gave us, if it wasn't for that we would be a point off the playoffs with 5 games in hand. Im happy for bournemouth also as they have climbed out of the bottom 2 and they had the same -17 as us at the start. maybe -30 was just too much for luton though. Another game postponed last night for Rotherham due to bad weather, going to be an hectic end to the season games wise.

rotherham v brentford would be a top of the table clash if rotherham could win their 4 games in hand plus the deducted 17 points back! :o

Can't believe Bury beat us 2-1. Bummer :o

Yep,bit of a shame that mr bj,puts Bury into third spot ahead of your lads.......excellent attendance of 7,589 to please the Black Pudding makers !

Rochdale on 58 points are level with Exeter who had a good 2-1 win at Luton.It will be very interesting to see which teams get the automatic promotion slots....3 points cover 3rd to 8th.

Rotherham got a useful 0-0 draw with table topping Brentford and Macc Town had a good 2-1 win at Darlington to ease their relegation fears. :D

At the bottom Grimsby had an amazing 5-1 win over Lincoln which puts Bournemouth back in the bottom 2 and puts even more pressure on Chester and Accrington who both lost.

Can't believe Bury beat us 2-1. Bummer :D

Yep,bit of a shame that mr bj,puts Bury into third spot ahead of your lads.......excellent attendance of 7,589 to please the Black Pudding makers !

Rochdale on 58 points are level with Exeter who had a good 2-1 win at Luton.It will be very interesting to see which teams get the automatic promotion slots....3 points cover 3rd to 8th.

We'll bottle it and end up falling short of the play off's Macc. I think our boys suffer from Vertigo :o

Well you Reading boys, Wolves won again !!

Nine games to go and I'm starting to worry, it is just so weird the way all the top teams were falling away. Time to see who really wants the promised land.........

By all accounts the Rotherham v Brentford game was a terrible game, saying that im happy with a draw against the top.

Looks like its going to the very end of the season, both at the top and the bottom.

I think Brentford were also very happy with a point.

Well you Reading boys, Wolves won again !!

Nine games to go and I'm starting to worry, it is just so weird the way all the top teams were falling away. Time to see who really wants the promised land.........

Remember it was only wednesday that wolves beat. :o

:D:o:D:D

sigh

its almost getting boring, We just keep on moving the pace up and up

I was going to moan that we were relying on tisdales late game changes to hold out or win the game

so what do we do 2 up in 20 mins more or less game over!!!

macca lad GOOD win for you guys and mr bo what can I say!!

and since when did wolves or reading count as lower league?

is there no championship forum?

:D:o:D:D

sigh

its almost getting boring, We just keep on moving the pace up and up

I was going to moan that we were relying on tisdales late game changes to hold out or win the game

so what do we do 2 up in 20 mins more or less game over!!!

macca lad GOOD win for you guys and mr bo what can I say!!

and since when did wolves or reading count as lower league?

is there no championship forum?

when the top of the championship manage to beat 3rd from bottom ( at the time ) of league 2 maybe then can have own forum

Edited by highchol

when was that?

mate

The reason this thread exists is that the lower league supporters have nowhere else they can talk about there teams without monied teams fans including the championship hijacking the thread. wolves reading and the championship teams fans IMO are welcome if they want to talk about teams in the lower ie 1st or second as i say they are welcome

If they-you want to talk about wolves reading or the championship or anything not appertaining to the lower leagues, start a thread, its quite simple to do !! and as far as im aware there is no restrictions on the amount or subject

when was that?

mate

The reason this thread exists is that the lower league supporters have nowhere else they can talk about there teams without monied teams fans including the championship hijacking the thread. wolves reading and the championship teams fans IMO are welcome if they want to talk about teams in the lower ie 1st or second as i say they are welcome

If they-you want to talk about wolves reading or the championship or anything not appertaining to the lower leagues, start a thread, its quite simple to do !! and as far as im aware there is no restrictions on the amount or subject

eh, i'm with you all the way mate. I thought I was having a poke at the "monied" championship teams.

Wolves were bought for a pound by Morgan a life long Liverpool fan, who promised to put ten million into the club. They have sold to buy since then, what with the building boom going bust, Morgan who owns Redrow ( well did ) has hardly shelled out a cent.

Average gates of over 24K ( full house 27 but away support often not taking up allocation ) generate the cash for this working mens team. Flash and monied, not really, if you've been to Wolverhampton, flash is not an adjective that comes to mind ( there is only one place worse........Sandwell ).