One Week Trip To Hua Hin

PeaceBlondie

So, I think we've got this trip figured out, for five nights at Kao Takiab, but maybe y'all can help me think if I'm overlooking any important detail. I have my VIP bus ticket for overnight trip from Chiang Mai to the Mochit bus terminal, arriving there about 6 or 7 am. Then I take a quick taximeter to Victory Monument and ride the minivan to downtown Hua Hin. Then I know how to find the songtaew route to Kao Takiab. Stash my bag in the room, ride another songtaew back to town, and rent a motorcycle for five days. Do they all require me to leave my passport, or will a copy suffice? I have Thai driver's licenses, too. Who rents CBR150's?

I thought of enough places to eat: BurgerKing, the restaurant next door where I'm staying, a similar place down the road, that nice open air place at the traffic light downtown, Subway, and if I'm starving, Great American BBQ. I will spend my days talking to old friends, walking the beach, swimming a lot, etc. Evenings, I know where to go.

When I'm ready to return on Friday a week from now, I can reverse my steps (turn in the motorbike, put the luggage on the songtaew, Mochit, etc.). Are there any big changes, like they renamed all the streets, closed all the venues, and started speaking in Portugese?

stand facing the hilton and walk left there is a place on the bend that rents cbr15o's about 50 meters away!! I think you need your passport there!!
Sorry to sound like a tourist or a newbie, but do you mean, facing the front/main entrance of the Hilton, and 50 meters away would be at that uneven intersection where the main tourist drag bends slightly to the left?