Strange Sign Posted At Immigration Office, Bangkok

Someone needs to get the eng. part re-write :o

Such a shame for Immigration Office, I mean, your job is to deal with foreigners and don't tell me there's no one there knows how to write it correctly.

Edited by legag

I have seen such wording before - believe it means do not trust anyone that tells you extra charges have to be paid - some lawyers have long used such talk to obtain money (which they say is required to pay others) to line there own pockets.

I think what they're trying to get through is:

Don't assume that by simply visiting an immigration office & paying you're fee that you will automatically get a (full 30 day) extension to your visa, regardless of what you've read elsewhere !!

It's not paranoia if the government is telling you: Do Not Believe Anyone. Even them?

The line in Thai at the end says "Please don't lose your way by believing outsiders", so it is probably as Lopburi says that there are some lawyers (outsiders) adding to to fee for their own benefit that the government is warning against.

The line in Thai at the end says "Please don't lose your way by believing outsiders", so it is probably as Lopburi says that there are some lawyers (outsiders) adding to to fee for their own benefit that the government is warning against.

huh..? How many people would use a lawyer to get an extension to their Thai visa? :o

Not sure what to make of this sign, hanging in the Immigration Office in Bangkok.

post-52883-1197121594_thumb.jpg

:o

Well yes the English is not well done, but I think the intention is clear. They simply mean that an application for a visa extension or another visa is a request for extension or visa only. The fee you pay only is a fee for the process of that application, it certainly does not gaurentee approval of the request. The extension of visa or another visa that you are applying for is at their discretion and they have the final approval or disapproval. And especially they want you to understand that no agent or agency, no matter what the agent or agency says to you, can gaurentee your extension or new visa will be granted.

That has always been the case, and always will be the case.

:D

Not sure what to make of this sign, hanging in the Immigration Office in Bangkok.

post-52883-1197121594_thumb.jpg

:o

Well yes the English is not well done, but I think the intention is clear. They simply mean that an application for a visa extension or another visa is a request for extension or visa only. The fee you pay only is a fee for the process of that application, it certainly does not gaurentee approval of the request. The extension of visa or another visa that you are applying for is at their discretion and they have the final approval or disapproval. And especially they want you to understand that no agent or agency, no matter what the agent or agency says to you, can gaurentee your extension or new visa will be granted.

That has always been the case, and always will be the case.

:D

You THINK the intention is CLEAR.

You have a great imagination, but the intended meaning of that sign is definitely not clear.

I think what they're trying to get through is:

Don't assume that by simply visiting an immigration office & paying you're fee that you will automatically get a (full 30 day) extension to your visa, regardless of what you've read elsewhere !!

OMG Goshawk, what a cool avatar!! :o

I have seen such wording before - believe it means do not trust anyone that tells you extra charges have to be paid - some lawyers have long used such talk to obtain money (which they say is required to pay others) to line there own pockets.

lopburi is on the mark here, - just had my wife translate it- it simply says the fee for the service is all that is necessary to pay -no need to pay anyone any extra for this service.